What have you been eating?

Odidnetne

I'll dig up the recipe. It is very good!

sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini, rice, salsa, peanut butter.... I personally like to spice it up a bit with hot peppers.

African peanut soup??? I love boiled peanuts(a Philippine staple) so this sounds very interesting

Sounds good...I can't wait to give it a try...its kinda weird that you've gotta make it with salsa though but anything with peanuts sounds good to me.

I just ate a banana dipped in cocoa powder...the 4th one today...6th if you include the bananas in my cereal this morning...by the way...any of you guys try Barbara's brand Shredded Oats(vanilla almond flavor)...I just got some because it was on sale and I love it

okay Vegan Potter

here's the African Peanut Soup recipe (I'll post it in recipes too)

1 Tbsp oil

1 large diced onion

1 medium sweet potato - diced

2 cloves of garlic - minced

8 cups veg broth

1 Tbsp Thyme

1/2 tsp cumin

1 cup rice (uncooked)

Simmer 18-20 minutes

add:

3 cups salsa (chunky) or just diced tomatoes if you wish

1 can chickpeas

1 cup zucchini - diced

2 cups creamy peanut butter.

Actually doesn't take all that long to prepare.

banana + cocoa powder, is that cool? Isn't the cocoa kind of bitter on its own like that, or does the banana make up for it?

The banana definately makes up for it...but in reality the bitterness is kinda nice...its when you take in too much and you breath in the powder that makes it trouble.

As for the soup I'll give it a go...I'm suprised it asks for peanut butter and not raw peanuts for boiling

I seem to remember Rob posting that Brendan Brazier dips bananas in Vega.

I tried it. It's actually pretty good.

Yep, he's been doing that for the past couple of weeks out here! davidtarrfoster and I started doing it too. Now everyone.....but your hand on your banana and in the Vega I dip, you dip, we dip. Ok, that sounds a little strange, but it's from a song...and it's normally hip, but banana works here.

Other fruits are good too. But banana seems to be the overwhelming favorite.

• 2 weeks later...