Amsterdam..

andgbr

Soon ( By June, hopefully ) i will be moving to Netherlands ( To Amsterdam ) to study, and i wanted to know if it's easy to be Vegan there, is it common in Amsterdam?

Is there a lot of Vegan food, or restaurants? Specific places that i should go as a Vegan? I know most of people in netherlands are open-minded to things like that.. i hope i don't have any problem with my Veganism in XXX. =)

Hey! Being Vegan in Amsterdam should not be a problem. It's easy to buy veganfood there, and there are some (but not so many) restaurants where you can eat vegan. There's a vegancommunity in amsterdam, but it's not so big. What are you going to study in amsterdam?

Greets!

Me? I'm still a sophomore, when i move to Amsterdam I'll have to finish my 2 last years of High School ( or ''Upper School'' in europe, i believe ), and then when i graduate I'm hopefully going to a college in Amsterdam study the financial area..

I hope that the school where I'm going to, is vegan-friendly.

Hey, check out veganfitness.net , the 2007 Vegan Fitness Week is going to be in Amsterdam!!! From what I've heard the city is pretty vegan friendly. If all else fails there should be 30+ fit vegans descending on the place mid-summer.

Oh, that's terrific, i hope it's after may/june so i can go there i support them..

My associations with Amsterdam: prostitutes, diamonds, legal marijuana...and a tacky youth hostel some friends and I were going to stay in, until we went up to our room, and there was a naked fat man with a gross hairy back sleeping in one of the beds. The owners claimed that no one was up in the room, but we complained so much, we got our money back (in spite of the 'no refunds' sign).

The town we went to instead was beautiful!: lots of apartments over stores with lace curtains and plants in the windows and beautiful woodwork, and there I did find a veg*n restaurant (which has signs up in it about animal rights and feminist protests going on and other cool stuff)...so I assume Amsterdam may have some restaurants as well.

Hey, check out veganfitness.net , the 2007 Vegan Fitness Week is going to be in Amsterdam!!! From what I've heard the city is pretty vegan friendly. If all else fails there should be 30+ fit vegans descending on the place mid-summer.

Oh, that's terrific, i hope it's after may/june so i can go there i support them..

Looks like things are shaping up for the week of August 12-18 in a semi-rural setting just outside Amsterdam. The events are open to anyone and the food is first class vegan gourmet. You should check it out!

Looks like things are shaping up for the week of August 12-18 in a semi-rural setting just outside Amsterdam. The events are open to anyone and the food is first class vegan gourmet. You should check it out!

Well, i hope i get fit on time to participate, otherwise i will have to compete for the vegan gourmet.

My associations with Amsterdam: prostitutes, diamonds, legal marijuana...and a tacky youth hostel some friends and I were going to stay in, until we went up to our room, and there was a naked fat man with a gross hairy back sleeping in one of the beds. The owners claimed that no one was up in the room, but we complained so much, we got our money back (in spite of the 'no refunds' sign).

That's just one side of amsterdam.. Probably the only side you'll see as a tourist. But there are also a lot of cool things in amsterdam! Trust me

That's just one side of amsterdam.. Probably the only side you'll see as a tourist. But there are also a lot of cool things in amsterdam! Trust me

The only things i remember about Amsterdam, is that they had cyclists everywhere, and also people on inline skates..a lot of them.. restaurants in front of the beaches.. friendly people, a lot of crazy people, normal people too.. , several places to relax, boats, boats, ships, ships and boats.. =D, beautiful ( old-fashioned ) houses.. and several other things.. it's one of the best places in europe, for all kinds of people. ( Hopefully for vegans too.. =D )