Vegan Sources for Vitamins E and B12?

sirdle

Nat where did you read far too many vegans have a deficiency, and that veganism is not a natural diet? .

I think Michael is the one who mentions this. Hard to keep track sometimes of who is saying what I know. I have made an error or two myself lately (sorry guys).!!

Anyway, Sirdle, I get my B12 by drinking shakes using soymilk. Fortified soymilk offers about 50% of your daily requirements in only one glass.

Not sure about B6 though.

And I commend your efforts to transition to veganism in an informed, educated, well researched manner. You will be in a greata position soon to educate others on healthy veganism!!! You rock .

And I am dying to see how much you have changed since that picture of yours.

P.S. I hope your neice's veg*nism is going well and is being supproted and encouraged by her parents!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Nat. My soymilk doesn't have any B12 in it , but it is not-fat, which is what I need right now. And my Vitamin E is low by about 50%, because I am not eating any oils or nuts. So, for the time being I am taking a daily supplement and all is well. .

Did I say my niece is vegan? I meant she was vegetarian. With 3 daughters and 2 working parents, the vegan routine would be too much for my brother and sister-in-law to handle right now. But my niece is only 11, and as she grows, she and I will learn together. Soon, we may be able to help the entire family learn, grow, and change .