Veganpotter Is Headed To New England

Guest veganpotter

My girlfriend(Jamie) and I are headed to New England for just short of a week around New Years. We will be driving up two days before and we plan on stopping at a bunch of places...surely Philly to go back to Singapore Vegetarian. We'll stop by Finnbarrios and we plan on spending a bit of time in New Haven. If any of your forum members from New England want me to grace you with my company let me know. Our other scheduled activity will be a two night stay at the Sweet Onion Inn...a vegan bed and breakfast in Vermont where we will have wonderful vegan food. We also plan on visiting local wood craftsman, potters, glassblowers, and hopefully a blacksmith or two. We will probably also be going cross country skiing and on the way home we plan on visiting the White Mountains for a day...then maybe stop at a few places on the way home. Depending on how many days Jamie gets off work...we should be in the New England area for 5 days...maybe more but a lot of that time will be in the car.

Yes...snow covering an ugly town is like covering spoiled tofu with a hard shell of dark chocolate...you can't go wrong and you don't care what's inside. Although I do plan on being miserable due to the cold, the things I'll be seeing should make me forget that...plus I'll be with my hott girlfriend

Sweet Onion Inn looks awesome. Vermont is one of the prettiest places I've lived or visited, especially in winter, so I know you'll both enjoy it.

My mom lives near there (in Proctor, VT) and her expertise is in art framing.. in the course of job hunting, she's become familiar with a lot of what's in the area. If you want suggestions for art galleries and such to check out, let me know, and I'll ask her if she has any recommendations.

Yes she will keep me nice and warm but unfortunately she graduated from a college in Minnesota so she's gonna wanna be outside a lot. Virginia winters aren't cold enough for her(she really misses it) and they're way too cold for me. I used to love the cold when I was really big but now its way different...none the less I'm gonna have a great time being with her and we're gonna do a lot of fun things while we're up there. Maybe the next vacation we go on will be in the Philippines so we can stay inside the whole time...but then again the heat outside is warmth enough for anyone

We'll probably stop in New Haven the morning we leave Finnbarrios but we're not quite sure yet...that would be the morning of the 2nd...but we may just stop on the way back. As for Maine we'll probably go but we haven't figured out what we'll do there other than visit the coast so far. That'll be more of a trip for me since she's not the water lover that I am...she's more into seeing the mountains which I'm also fond of but water is where I feel at home. Hopefully you'll still be in New Haven around then...if you will be we can make sure we go there on the way up instead of the way back. I'd really love to meet you too...its nice to meet other vegan cyclists...most I know around here are the fixed gear nerds that couldn't ride more than 10 miles...but there are three others...two of which are very competitive.

You know, Potter, if it's cold enough (say 20 and below) for a week or so, a lot of Cape Cod bay will freeze, and then the tide leaves these enormous ice chunks on the beach. You can walk out on them, jump from chunk to chunk. It's like being on another planet. It'll probably be too early for that, but let's keep our fingers crossed!

Veganpotter,

Why are you stopping in New haven?

Looks like I will be back in Portland maine on 2 JAN.

I have to be back at work.

You should stop in Portland. You would love it.

Not only do we have the ocean but also lots of pottery places

etc....

I do hope we can meet up

Jamie wants to see what Yale is like...she plans on trying to get her PhD there and she's never been...as for Portland it does sound nice...not sure how far out of the way it is but we'll try our best

Well the pure and not so(not as) evil people in Europe left to create a new society...they left all the evil Europeans in Europe...too bad once the Europeans realized what they were doing sending everyone away...they wanted in on the new land too.

Sure thing...too bad I don't really have lots of warm clothes...but I do have clothes to wear when its warm if thats good enough. I think I just need to bring three times the summer clothes and I'll just be miserably cold.

My girlfriend(Jamie) and I are headed to New England for just short of a week around New Years. We will be driving up two days before and we plan on stopping at a bunch of places...surely Philly to go back to Singapore Vegetarian. We'll stop by Finnbarrios and we plan on spending a bit of time in New Haven. If any of your forum members from New England want me to grace you with my company let me know. Our other scheduled activity will be a two night stay at the Sweet Onion Inn...a vegan bed and breakfast in Vermont where we will have wonderful vegan food. We also plan on visiting local wood craftsman, potters, glassblowers, and hopefully a blacksmith or two. We will probably also be going cross country skiing and on the way home we plan on visiting the White Mountains for a day...then maybe stop at a few places on the way home. Depending on how many days Jamie gets off work...we should be in the New England area for 5 days...maybe more but a lot of that time will be in the car.

If my place is along the way and I'm off you definitley have to stop by for a couple of hours.

Veganpotter,

Let me know when you are in New Haven, CT.

I will be down there for the holidays because my folks live in North Haven which is right next door.

Also, let me know if you will be in Maine.

It would be great to meet you

I went to Dad's arcade in New Haven last year. Sorry to mini-hijack the thread.

We'll see what route we take...maybe if your parents meet me you'd be allowed to have two of my pots in your house...as for the arcade...your have a problem if you remember an arcade's name from another state

We'll see what route we take...maybe if your parents meet me you'd be allowed to have two of my pots in your house...as for the arcade...your have a problem if you remember an arcade's name from another state

Seriously....4 letter's and one mark of puncuation, plus I say the word everyday. Let me know whether or not you're shooting up through Pennsylvania, though I wouldn't be suprised if you missed me and instead went up I-95 through NJ, even though that means you'd have to deal with NYC!

I was thinking you would be up 95...which is the likely place we'd be going since we've gotta go to cape cod...plus we're almost technically starting our vacation in Philly

Thing is we may even stop in hell hole city...for a bit somewhere but we're not quite sure...she doesn't want to drive through there but personally I don't mind at all....its the paying for tolls and parking that I don't wanna deal with

Thing is we may even stop in hell hole city...for a bit somewhere but we're not quite sure...she doesn't want to drive through there but personally I don't mind at all....its the paying for tolls and parking that I don't wanna deal with

Like the whole paying 6$+ to cross the GWB?

Edited by Odidnetne