Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Contest 2007

lelle

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome! we almost have 30 people in the contest now and there are new before-photos coming in every day

I don't mind if you send in your photos a few days later, as I said it isn't a disadvantage for the other participators.

good luck to all of you and have a great time working out!

I'll ship you some Vega for running the contest It may be available there at some point.

Lelle, thanks for all you've done to put this together! I stayed away from the thread because I still feel really bad for not having all the data put together from the last shape up challenge.

But just so everyone knows, I'm working on it, and I'm no longer running contests. People like Lelle will be in charge and it will run much more smoothly, as it already is! Lelle is doing an amazing job!

I'll still provide a ton of prizes and I'll post those soon.

Thanks everyone!

• 3 months later...
so, how is everybody doing?

I'm doing awesome. I've lost roughly between 18 and 20 pounds since the start of the contest (and I have a collar bone now!). If I keep losing at this rate I'll be just shy of my goal of 200 pounds by the end of the contest. But, it's amazing progress anyways, and I'll be thoroughly satisfied. I could always push myself harder though (haven't really been pushing very hard these last few weeks anyways... and that's part of the problem).

Terrific. I decided to hold off on showing in May and go to Jamaica to celebrate hubby's graduation instead! First comp now on 7/21. Training is great, diet going well. Yay me!

Jamaica huh? How simply terrible for you

Hey girl! I think your e-mail doesn't like me. I have been responding to yours, but don't think you're getting them! So not ignoring you, maybe we should try PM

My bulking is currently going awesome. I plan on starting a cut a month before the program, but with how well my bulking has been going, I may just say forget working my body around the contest and continue eating big. I am finally successfully developing my shoulders, my biggest problem area.

My bulking is currently going awesome. I plan on starting a cut a month before the program, but with how well my bulking has been going, I may just say forget working my body around the contest and continue eating big. I am finally successfully developing my shoulders, my biggest problem area.

I'm the opposite right now; my weight is done, and although my legs are still big I think I've lost a bit of muscle. The definition in my arms and chest and back is great. I think in the last month of the contest I'll increase the intensity of the weights and try to put on a couple pounds. Overall, I'm feeling good.

• 3 weeks later...

We'll have some prizes for sure.

I know that we will have:

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing

Vegan Fitness Team Clothing

Vega Powder

Vega Bars

Vega Smoothie Infusion

Other prizes to be listed soon.

Have fun everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been away from my computer for more than a month - we moved from Dallas to Medford OR, and then I had a kidney stone to contend with.

We're currently living out of a motel while we wait for our house in Dallas to sell so we can buy a house in Medford.

In March, I tried the McDougall diet for a month and gained 2 pounds. After learning we would be moving, I just gave up on thinking about diets and have indulged in comfort foods galore. I think I gained 10 lbs, but can't confirm as I have no scale to weigh myself.

All troubles aside, I'm still committed to finishing this contest. Clearly, I'm not going to make my weight loss goal, but I do my best to post my exercise & weight lifting progress in the "Online Training Journal" I haven't taken any measurements since the very beginning of the contest - so it will be a surprise to see what, if anything, has shifted from fat to muscle LOL!!

I hope your house sells soon so you can move into a new place. Oregon is a great place to be! You're quite a few hours from many of us up here in Portland but I hope to get more and more people from down there involved in our forum. I really like Southern Oregon and almost went to school there. I will probably travel to Ashland this summer and stay for 2-3 days so we can meet up around there if you're interested.

All the best with the rest of the contest. I'm still sending out prizes a year later to winners from last year's challenge!!!!

I'm way behind on many many things, not just this, but I'm glad you got the package I shipped to Southern Oregon recently.

Keep on keepin on and I'm sure you'll be great in this challenge too!

All the best and I hope all goes well with health and home and all that.