Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Contest 2007

lelle

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably travel to Ashland this summer and stay for 2-3 days so we can meet up around there if you're interested.

Awesome - I'd love to meet you!

Also, I've got a bunch of the fliers for veganbodybuilding.com that you sent with my package - I'll take them with me and put them up whenever I go to vegan friendly restaurants - and also I plan on going to the local southern oregon animal rights meeting in June - I'll pass them out there.

I'll pm you with my phone # so you can call me when you get here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming we send them to lelle... probably along with out goals/whether we reached them or how close we got (if it's something quantifiable). I still haven't seen a scale... so I have no clue whether I've reached my target weight or not. o_0

I think I might go on a "little" walk out to my grandfathers though. Only 11 miles, in the rain... I need to go rent some rain gear from the school...

I'll get my pics done as soon as I can get someone to take them and/or be in the house for longer than 10 minutes!!

I'm annoyed with myself about the contest as I started really well and then totally tailed off after losing so much weight/strength in India.

edit

Took my shots!!

(going to email them to Lelle)

Erm I look exactly the same, well bar a slight increase in my calves and my left bicep appears to have caught up with my right!

(my chest may have even decreased in size )

The moral of the story is if you are training to gain weight don't go to a country that gives you the shits!

hey!

some of you have already sent in their photos, thanks!

all others can send in their photos by july the 16th. I think that's

time enough to get them taken. please make sure you get your

photos taken in the same posture as the previous ones so that

judging will be easier. if you don't want your photos to appear in

the poll, please let me know ([email protected]).

thanks again for taking part!

I'll come up with some prizes soon. Hopefully later today. I'm not great about sending them out in a timely manner, but I do give away hundreds of dollars worth of prizes during each contest so I hope that is appreciated. I'm poor, so it's a struggle to do so, but I'll continue to support the contests here.

I hope everyone did very well and is pleased with their progress.

Will there be another contest coming up? I don't want any prizes, just some accountability.
I'm sure there will be another contest, but in the meantime if you want some accountability you can always post your daily exercise & diet info on the Online Training Journal thread. I'm starting my own THRIVE DIET challenge starting July 14 and will be posting on my "journal" I'd be glad to support your efforts by visiting your training journal and progress

• 4 weeks later...

Haha... I just had some friends from school visit... friends that saw me less than 3 months ago mind you... and they were like "Wow, you've lost some weight haven't you?" and yesterday out at the farm we had a barbecue (which was slightly inconvenient for me, but veggie kabobs are always good) and this Americorps volunteer that I worked with during the school year was like "How much weight have you lost now?"

Feels nice to get that kind of recognition... finally...

• 1 month later...

hey!

first of all, sorry for the delay regarding the poll of the contests winners.

I never get through with anything, must be because I'm simply full of shit

I'll send an email to every participant who has taken part in the contest and sent in both, before- and after photos (please let me know if you didn't receive it). I'll ask whether you want to take part in the poll or not. If you choose the latter, I'll delete your pictures, of course.

again, sorry for the lateness and thanks for taking part in the contest

" title="Applause" />

Glad to know we'll see results soon! I'll be donating prizes. I'm just donating Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing and DVDs so then I can be accountable for all of it, rather than trying to get donations from a variety of companies.

I'll donate prizes to the top 5 vote getters.

Best of luck everyone!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I hope to see another one like this...I joined the forum three days after the "before" deadline AAAAUGH! I hate life again! Ha!

I think you're confusing the years

There will, from what I understand, be a lot more contests in 2009 than ever before. And from the looks of your avatar you have a good chance at winning them

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Yeah, I forgot all about this contest....2007....I'll check back to see if we owe anything to anyone....we do so many contests here and give away over $10,000 in prizes, it's hard to keep up!

If I forgot anyone or anything...deepest apologizes. I imagine things got sorted out since it has been a while, but if not,....you know where to find me.