2006 is coming to an end

why don't we nominate & vote for members in certain categories like

rookie of the year

most prolific poster

best advice giver

funniest poster

etc......

might be knid of fun

I thought about this along time ago, but never put further thought into it.

Funny you mention it. I saw the same thing at a health food store yesterday. The employees could vote for each other for a bunch of different topics like 'most likely to ........' best............, most unique.......... etc.

So, yeah, let's do it!

Let's brainstorm some topics or categories and then start a new thread for the voting once we get it all sorted out.

Great idea! We can celebrate at year's end!

Here is my list of brainstorming. I'm sure others will be more creative, but here it goes. P.S. I'll use ones already suggested too:

Member of the year:

Funniest Poster:

Best giver of advice:

Most likely to go crazy if the forum got shut down:

Most likely to travel across the world to meet another forum member:

Best transformation since joining the forum (fitness or health or both):

Biggest Flirt:

Best physique:

Most genuine member:

Most inspirational member:

Most honest member:

Most trustworthy member:

Most likely to be the first to 10,000 posts:

Most random topic poster:

Best overall individual post:

Best hair (based on avatar)

Best avatar:

Best signature:

Most unique member:

Friendliest member:

Member you have met the most in person:

Member you would most like to meet in person:

Member who is most like yourself (most similar):

Best quote used on the forum:

I just wanted to suggest that if people would like to vote via PM, I would be happy to compile a list and tally points for you Robert. You may have down time now and want to be responsible for this - BUT, if you're overwhelmed and would like someone else to be the information gatherer, I'd be happy to. I'm sure I have suggestions to add to the list, too...I get back to that later!

To be honest, i don't like the idea.

It seems a bit superfluous and competitive. This is a great online community and each and every member contributes to that. I don't think we need to award a few single members for whatever just to celebrate how great we all are...

Is this Christmas avatar/signature theme an illusion?

Do we have a Grinch in our midst????

No, I think that this community is well centered enough to realize this is all in fun. I can't imagine anyone being upset at not winning an "award"

We are a loving and compassionate community and if you ever go against our ideas again I'll go over there and kick your superman @$$!

It seems a bit superfluous and competitive. This is a great online community and each and every member contributes to that. I don't think we need to award a few single members for whatever just to celebrate how great we all are...

It's a cute idea, but I agree with Daywalker. I've seen this on other online communities and someone always gets hurt (for whatever reason -- being left out, awarded something they found sort of insulting/not funny, etc.)

Plus the concept of rating and comparing folks is not my thing; so I always abstained from participation. I never made a big deal of it, though, that's just me, personally, and I know some people find it fun.

But do as you will

Bah Humbug! and all that.

I see where you're going, but I think we could get some topics that would really be worth a laugh, especially if we made topics like "First person to eat 20,000 calories in one day".

I think that if it is communicated correctly there should be no problems.

I mean, this is just for fun! There's no cash prizes or free Vega (are there Rob?)

We could always provide forum members with the option of opting out of this. So whoever doesn't want to participate can't be nominated or voted for.

Right on Bigbwii!!!!!

I think you have a lock on the Forum member most likely to be a WWE Superstar!!!!

I would argue that a couple of others are in the running for that We have one forum member in pro wrestling school, and for 13 years that is all I wanted to do. In fact I was at a live show last night and I'm thinking of going into pro wrestling school myself.

No there is no lock for Big in that category yet......lots of others gunning for it too!

Right on Bigbwii!!!!!

I think you have a lock on the Forum member most likely to be a WWE Superstar!!!!

I would argue that a couple of others are in the running for that We have one forum member in pro wrestling school, and for 13 years that is all I wanted to do. In fact I was at a live show last night and I'm thinking of going into pro wrestling school myself.

No there is no lock for Big in that category yet......lots of others gunning for it too!

Just don't make pink tights part of your costume, okay?

Are we going to have to have another trash talking contest????

Right on Bigbwii!!!!!

We don't have to make it so competitive ...we can have things like best potter on the forum, member who gets the least sleep, best vega bar eater and fun things like that where I know I would win...that would take away any competition forum members may be worried about.

Who's going to pro "wrestling" school?

Who's going to pro "wrestling" school?

BrandonC

He wrote about it quite a bit many months ago. He's been taking a break from the forum lately, but he's an awesome guy. He trains over in Ireland.

I have a wrestling school just down the road from my house. I even took Brendan Brazier to go watch live pro wrestling 2 days ago