Richmond, Virginia

Zack

That depends on what you mean by good? Are you looking for food, hiking, white water rafting, museums, history, architecture, entertainment??? Richmond has a lot to offer including white water rafting, hiking and rock climbing right in downtown.

And Potter is fun to hang out with, just don't be lured in to watching any of his really bad movies. He also has a very cute ex-roommate he could hook you up with.

Let me know what you're looking for in Richmond or anywhere in Virginia really. I spent over 25 years of my life there, so I should be able to point you in the right direction.

Panda Veg

804-359-6688

900 West Grace Street

Richmond, Virginia 23220

All vegan chinese! Need I say more? All you can eat buffet on the weekends!!!

Harrison Street Coffee Shop

804-359-8060

402 N. Harrison Street

Richmond, Virginia 23220

Less than a block from Panda Veg, you can't beat this place for breakfast. Make sure to try the soysage, organic and made locally at a nearby commune.

Ellwood Thompson ' s Natural Market

804-359-7525

4 N. Thompson Street

Richmond, Virginia 23221

Lots of vegan stuff here, but watch the sandwiches in the deli. They tend to label them vegan, but serve them on honey wheat bread! So, just skip the sandwich and go straight for the vegan cake slices in the deli cooler. It just doesn't get much better for dessert. Yum!

Unless you're up for lettuce wraps filled with bean sprouts, I wouldn't reccomend eating at Potter's house. Although, he can be fun to take out. It really depends on how raw he is that week, he may eat a bird sized portion or he may consume enough calories for a small country in one sitting.

I won't have the time to stick around but I want to get some food from one good restaurant before I leave!

If you only have time for one restaurant, then definitely make it Panda Veg. It is the only all-vegan restaurant in Richmond, although they continue to sell Arizona Teas with honey in them? WTF? Oh well, they are still as vegan as it gets there.

If you are in on the weekend Friday-Sunday, the buffet starts at 5pm, all you can eat for $8.95. If you are there at another time, I would reccomend General Tso's Mock Chicken or Mock Sesame Chicken and the spring rolls are good too. The "donuts" are pillsbury biscuits deep fried and rolled in sugar! Crazy but tasty!

I'm sure Potter will meet you there, although he may not eat anything. Pottter? Where are you buddy?

We should go to Ellwoods(yummy natural food store) and Harrison Street Cafe...give me a ring when your around 443-306-1971...I'll be on my bike Saturday morning until around 2pm though

I'm not just blaming you guys...it really is your fault. If it weren't for the vegan vacation, Daywalker in Richmond, Veganmadre/Michaelhobson visiting, Odidnetne, and Formicalinoleum forcing me to visit Baltimore I'd be a slim 150lbs...its all your fault people...why can't you adults ever take responsibility for your actions???

I only offered to take you guys because I didn't want you to miss the wonderful opportunity to enjoy a vegan buffet...me sacrificing my diet and health was taking one for the veganbodybuilding team