Yeah, that's a mullet.

mulletass

I have been veg for roughly 4 years. I'm a freshman in college now and went (rough) vegan a few days ago. Things are going well, and I've had a piece of cheese pizza and a bite of pie, but only stuff others weren't going to eat. (My philosophy regarding veganism and vegetarianism is that eating meat isn't the problem, it's killing the animal that bothers me. By eating only leftovers that would be discarded, I contribute nothing to the overall demand for meat and cause no more deaths than if I had not eaten the animal product at all. Still, I haven't had meat in so long I don't even like its taste now, maybe that'll happen with eggs and milk products. Doubt it.)

I am metal thrashing mad and have a mullet. I shred the axe and come off as mean to many people getting aquainted with me. I'm low on social inhibitions and politeness, but am nice at heart. Essentially, don't take what I say seriously. Or at least, look at the content, not the phrasing.

I recommend ginkgo biloba to all who have a hard time concentrating on boring shit like term papers. Give it a whirl.

Welcome mullet man! Great to have you here. Mullets are always welcome. I had one about 5 years ago and always kinda had one growing up.

I hope you're enjoying the forum so far. We've got a ton of great people with great info to share.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Diary products glue up the lymphatic system and make people more susceptible to colds and flus. If I lost any semblance of morality I still wouldn't eat diary thanks to learning over the last couple years how those yearly colds and flus were being caused by diary.

Some here would object to your use of the word bitch. Derogatory words related to animals and women are often quite frowned upon by vegans. Just letting you know. I understand you don't mean it in a derogatory way.

Hey dude welcome to the forum. What bands do you listen to?

I used to have the same attitude towards dairy as you have, I would eat things that others were going to throw away, that's what I did when I first decided that I wanted to be vegan. I stopped doing that after a couple of weeks. It no longer seems like food to me, I don't see the benefit of consuming it. I mean, cow's milk is for calves and contains all kinds of nasty stuff that's not suitable for humans. Additionally, milk of any animal is only for infants, that's why animals (including humans) stop producing milk once their children have developed beyond infancy - because milk is a food to make things grow at a rapid rate. Cheese is just milk which has been left to basically decompose for weeks, that is just gross to me. Meat, is a dead body, I don't fancy chowing down on a morgue burger.

But you are correct that you aren't contributing any more suffering to animals by eating something which would have otherwise be disposed. Just make sure people aren't ordering or buying more to compensate for your habits

The other part of vegan is that you dont consume animal products. There are freegans who may do what you do, but a lot of the vegan ones won't eat meat/dairy out of the trash since it goes rancid so quickly. Its your body though and you are right, you aren't contributing to deaths, I think.

Yeah, even now I don't eat loose meat, just because it tastes so bad. There's a farm near my home though that I approve of, and I'll drink their milk while I'm home for break. Still no good egg source.

Bitch was a joke. Yeah, some people get offended by words, but I've always thought that was dumb. No word has inherent value. Is only offensive when used as a threat or highly deragotory attack. It's now used similarly to "brother" or "pal" and only really anal people seem to mind. Again, it's content, not presentation, that counts. Not that it even matters much. Just thought I'd say.

Music: (this is my list from my facebook profile) Death, MANOWAR, true metal. Not in order of preference: Good Death metal, Suffocation, Possessed, Deicide, Dying Fetus. Thrash, Kreator early Anthrax, Metallica, Slayer, Exodus, Testament, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Sepultura, and Megadeth. Virtuoso Guitar, Jason Becker, Yngwie Malmsteen Thrashy hardcore, LetXDown, Drug Test, Municipal Waste, DRI, SOD, Toxic Holocaust, Bones Brigade, Cro-Mags, Direct Control.(Neo) Classical, Beethoven, Ralph Vaughn Williams, Haydn, Mozart, Handel, Vivaldi, Sant-Seans, Smetana, Paganini, Yngwie Malmsteen, Bach

A lot of those bands I only like early work from.

Hooray for mullets and metal. Kudos to all.

I'm in Massachusetts at Clark University right now. Obviously, I wasn't born here (hair). I'm origionally from North Carolina. Chapel Hill, the oasis of liberal-pinkie-vegan-fair-trade-me within the desert that is my home state.

Bitch was a joke. Yeah, some people get offended by words, but I've always thought that was dumb. No word has inherent value. Is only offensive when used as a threat or highly deragotory attack. It's now used similarly to "brother" or "pal" and only really anal people seem to mind. Again, it's content, not presentation, that counts. Not that it even matters much. Just thought I'd say.

Yeah, no problem dick.

lol

Never met anyone from assumption, but it's odd. I'd never heard of Clark when my mom mentioned it to me, but whenever I mention it, whoever I'm talking to went there, or had a sister or husband or something that did. Weird. And yeah, Clark is pretty fingers.

pwn - to own or beat soundly. It's from nerd/World of Warcraft speak (leet or 1337) and when I found out about it, I adopted it as my primary language.

n00b.

I know what pwn means. I'm pretty sure it's been around way before World of Warcraft. Who got pwned?

Hiya.

Lots of people are still offended by the words ya mention - that's because most of time they are used it's in an offensive, derogatory or oppressive way and almost never in a particularly positive way. Even many/most folks who choose to use those words to describe themselves - generally take offense when other folks do the same. Hmmm, I wonder why...

Is this what they call the "generation gap"?

Welcome to the board, mulletass.

If someone is 20 and wants to go around calling their 20 year old friends "bitch" or whatever else and they all get it then that's fine. But I'd guess something 98% of people above 40 would be offended by talking like that. And there are tons of people above 40 whom are good and very interesting people. I don't think they all deserve to be dismissed as "anal" and not deserving of any consideration. Sometimes such people post on this board and I don't think anyone is really losing much by being considerate of all those "anal" people.

I guess I am one of those anal people Mr. Mulletass has referred to. There are some who believe that words and sounds are powerful and can set a tone for positive or negative energy.

It is a free space here, yes. And no, I do not have to read these entries. Yet for the sake of the greater community I would suggest being more mindful of the use of words. One may always PM another if you wish to speak in such a manner.

Whatever. Carry on.