Listed: Scariest movies ever.

healthyliving

off the top of my head, i'd have to say the The Exorcist is probably the scariest. i couldn't watch the entire thing until i was almost 20. there was also a movie i saw called The Entity that was pretty damn scary. it was about a ghost that kept stalking a woman and molesting her. also when i first saw The Evil Dead (the original not the sequels) i was frozen during most of the movie. it was the first time i had seen such gore and the movie really freaked me out.

I don't watch many scary movies, but had watched the Ring and decided to see the Ring 2 -- after a couple of minutes I closed the TV and haven't tried to watch it since. (Something about evil, maniacal and murdering children that can go anywhere they want to scares the pants off me ! )

I can't watch scary movies because I freak out. I am surprised when people say Exrocist is the scariest, it doesn't sound so bad compared to other things, but everyone is scared for different reasons. Also, I saw The Shining, and only really found a couple bits of that scary, and even then, not so bad. But many people say Shining is the scariest.

I like creepy stuff, but actually being frightened to me is a negative feeling! That's why I don't go on rollercoasters and stuff too. I liked Blair Witch project, and Mothman Prophecies. People often say they are horror, but they aren't really, they more like suspensful supernatural mysteries or something along those lines. You can be like 'ahhhh that is creepy!' rather than 'ahhhh I can't watch that happening!'

Yeah I quite liked sixth sense. There were a couple of bits of that which scared me, but on the whole I liked it. I think I found Terminator tolerable apart from when he cuts his damn eye out. I have a thing about eyes, I can't watch that.

You should make another movie poster with the Terminator facing Jason and Robocop.

For some reason, I can only get freaked out watching stuff if I *KNOW* it's real (IE: Watching things like meet your meat). Otherwise I know that it's Hollywood and not real.

When I was a little kid, I saw "Night of the Living Dead" (which isn't even *that* scary, is it?) and had occassional nightmares about it for several years. That scene where the hands come up out of the ground was what did it.

I dislike horror movies. I also dislike anything with gratuitious amounts of blood and violence. That means a lot of "action" movies are out for me, too. Being frightened, freaked out, or grossed out just isn't entertaining for me, it's uncomfortable. Since I tend to think about movies (and often dream about them) a lot after I watch them, I really don't want to be storing all that negativity and discomfort in my head to replay later. In fact, I don't even want to overhear bits and pieces. My daughter loves horror movies. I'll rent them for her, but she has to watch them when I'm not in the house.

The Sixth Sense was good, but even that pushed my limits a bit. I basically tolerated the "scary" scenes because the story was so good and the supernatural aspects were interesting.

I had the displeasure of working on a low budget gore flick this past summer (will remain unnamed but it starred Henry Rollins). I felt queasy just watching some of the scenes being filmed, and knowing that the body parts were all latex and seeing the actors in and out of character. I'm not much of a horror movie fan. I was really scared watching Ridley Scott's Alien the first time tho. And when I was a kid "Monkey Shines" scared the crap out of me. That George Romero knows how to scare people...

I personally find "implied violence" much scarier than seeing the gore.

I really don't like seeing blood and gore (I confess.... I sometimes close my eyes) but the imagination is a powerful thing.

Our minds could conjure much more diabolical scenarios than the big screen shows us.

Our minds could conjure much more diabolical scenarios than the big screen shows us.

You're telling me. I've been talking to some friends (in addition to being a plant eating weight lifting "wheat head", I'm also a computer programmer) about writing a computer game that's ridiculously scarry and "messed up".

I love good scary movies: scary/creepy movies that make the hair stand up on the back of your neck, not scary/gory movies that just make you feel like throwing up. And then there are just stupid/gory movies, like Silent Hill that aren't really scary and don't have internal coherence (there has to be some internal logic for me).

"The Ring," and specifically the creepy girl crawling out of the well and the tv and moving around all herky-jerky scared the (@#Y& out of me! I had nightmares about the girl.

Some good ones: "The Omen" (original), "The Exorcist" (original), "Alien" and "Aliens" (though the latter is more of an action/adventure movie) "Halloween" and the original "Nightmare on Elm Street" (some gore, but not as much as the sequels).

And I jumped out of my seat in the theater at the last scene of "Friday the 13th" (that's the one with murders at the summer camp, right?).

Not a theatrical movie, but there is a segment of the TV movie "Trilogy of Terror" (with Karen Black) where a creepy doll comes to life and attacks her. The dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga sound he makes while trying to stab her under a door with a huge knife and while cutting his way out of a suitcase is super creepy! (Something about dolls comiing to life is a very creepy motif IMO).

For a very beautiful ghost story (a bit scary), watch the Japanese movie "Kwai Dan," and the segment on "Hochi the Earless." Beautiful.

i remember people telling me about The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original). it scared me just hearing about it. when i saw it, it had such a creepy feel to the whole thing. it seriously scared me. looking at it now, there isn't a whole lot of blood in it, but still manages to be ultra creepy and scary. great creepy filmmaking.

OMG ! I only saw one scene of that and it was enough for me !!!!! I was at a sleep over and mostly everyone was asleep in the living room. The ones that were awake put on that movie and I woke up right when "Leatherface" put a guy's face on and made the girl kiss him !

It was horrible !:zwangsjacke: