Do people not workout their legs anymore?

I admit that I sometimes neglect my legs on weeks where I don't have enough days to train (normally because I do other things and I'm always on them), but have you noticed there are lots of people who simply don't work them out at all?

I've seen this guy at the gym who is there almost everyday, working out his chest, arms, etc. He said he started working out in August, and was really skinny (Though now it looks like Rob when he started lifting weights and after he packed on 30 pounds), but he's walking on a pair of pencils, and I've never seen him do any leg work.

I've seen so many people there all the time, and none of them work legs anymore, does anyone else notice this with people at their gyms?

Yeah, I was guilty of that until recently. Then my knee healed and I'm showing up the posers now with my mighty 95 lb squat.

Lots of people do this cause they have no sense of symmetry or don't care about being strong. It is weak. If it interferes with sports, though, that's an entirely different matter.

It should also be noted that doing big compund leg exercises (squats, SLDLs, and to an extent, deadlift, which is really a back exercise) stimulate greater HGH output and result in greater gains on all body parts.

There's nothing wrong with not working out your legs contrary to what the squat nazis will tell you. I say that as someone who's squatted for years and has PR's of a 400 squat (to parallel) and has deadlifted 465.

If your goal is just to gain lots of weight, than go ahead and squat. If your goal is to improve your strength to weight ratio and look good without a shirt then squatting, etc really isn't important.

There's nothing wrong with not working out your legs contrary to what the squat nazis will tell you. I say that as someone who's squatted for years and has PR's of a 400 squat (to parallel) and has deadlifted 465.

If your goal is just to gain lots of weight, than go ahead and squat. If your goal is to improve your strength to weight ratio and look good without a shirt then squatting, etc really isn't important.

Well, I see a lot of people with like no calves either, and I seem to raise eyebrows everytime I toelift 300 lbs, which suprises me, given how big some of the guys in the gym are.

I work legs as much as I work any other body part. Squats, Deadlifts and sometimes isolation work... I work calves, but the just aren't that big... I have good definition, but not a great deal of size and I don't think I ever will. There are heaps of guys come to my gym, that have massive upper body and tiny legs... They never do legs, they look ridiculous

I work legs as much as I work any other body part. Squats, Deadlifts and sometimes isolation work... I work calves, but the just aren't that big... I have good definition, but not a great deal of size and I don't think I ever will. There are heaps of guys come to my gym, that have massive upper body and tiny legs... They never do legs, they look ridiculous

Exactly, they lack balance.

Most people do not focus very much on legs because they are not a 'sexy' body part. I love to exercise my legs, they are my favorite part of my workout. I am the opposite of most people and I actually have disproportionately large legs. They are the best part of my body and grow the most consistently.

Most people do not focus very much on legs because they are not a 'sexy' body part. I love to exercise my legs, they are my favorite part of my workout. I am the opposite of most people and I actually have disproportionately large legs. They are the best part of my body and grow the most consistently.

Exactly. Having rock solid legs helps me in almost every kind of sport or physical activity too...sometimes with the way I work them though I have to find a day that I'm off, so that I don't need to walk around much for the rest of the day.