creatine..

andgbr

should i take it? what you guys think about it?

is it efficient? is there any ''bad'' side about using it? please, feel free to tell anything you want about it.. opinion, or fact.. i'v never used it.

veganessentials.com is selling mo-creatine and i was thinking about making some shopping before christmas..

P.S. If you don't think creatine is worth buying, just give me another suggestion of what i should buy.. ( i'm consumerholic ) ehehe

Well, i wanna do some shopping on veganessentials and i haven't decided yet..

maybe vega..

Don't get monohydrate. It gives bloating and is much less efficient, by all accounts. I've been satisfied with ethyl ester. It tastes like 52 varieties of ass, but it does the job. I take it (and really all awful tasting things) in shots. Don't mix it with water. Just dump the teaspoon in your mouth and wash it down immediately with some juice. Cranberry works best, I find. Apple too. It'll actually blow your mind, it's so bad.

I've only had monohydrate and have never had any troubles...I also do a loading period of 5 servings a day for 5 days at 10grams each serving...never gave me trouble and I did it from the time I was 14-18...now I'm doing it again but I'm in an off cycle right now

• 2 weeks later...

Creatine is a substance your body makes for muscle function. After your body uses all its sugar and ATP for contractions...creatine is the best source for muscle function. Its made in very small amounts however...which is why I think taking creatine can help out so much.

I hate to contradict someone, but creatine is actually the first energy source - or "cycle" you could call it - that the body uses to resynthesize ATP. When you first start a muscle contraction, you body uses ATP (adenosine TRI phosphate). The ATP then breaksdown into an ADP (adenosine DI phosphate) and an inorganic phosphate. The body then takes a phosphate off of creatine phosphate (in your muscles) to make the ADP back into ATP. If there is more creatine in your muscles - from a supplement - then you have more creatine phosphate to phorphoralate the ADP to ATP - thus; more energy! or an extra rep or two.

After you CP (creatine phosphate) stores are used up - in about 10 seconds - then you start using sugar to get your ATP from glycolysis. And if the exrecise lasts long enough, you starting getting ATP from the Kreb's cycle and the electron transport chain - but that's a semesters worth of info there. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I found out that Our liver produces daily 2.5 grams of creatine

and another 2.0-2.5 grams is taken from external sources.

The only external source for creatine is RED MEAT and that violates

a vegan's nutrition.

When I used creatine pills (No loading phase but just 5 grams a day)

for 2 solid weeks, at first everything was cool and alright and then

suddently I begun to feel tired all the time with no good reason.

I did some blood work and found out that my liver was completely

out of balance. All values were either elevated or below normal

I was never a drinker, neither a smoker in my entire life and I

had never abused any illegal substances or drugs.

Also my testosterone levels droped also to baseline normal.

Not only that but I almost lose a tricept tendon .

Doctor said that creatine may increase temporarily the power in

muscle tissue, but doesnt do anything to prepare and strengthen

the bones and tendons. This is an abrupt and fast increase in

strength while the rest of my body didnt have the time to adjust

accordingly.

I was also running lots of miles back then and had my carbs to

very very minimun levels.

Also I noticed a significant increase of CPK in the blood which

according to the doctor meant muscle breakdown.

I managed to get ripped abs but I also lost lots of muscle.

I wasnt a vegetarian back then and I was following the nutrinional

advices of a book I bought from www.burnthefat.com

I used to eat fish or chicken 6 times a day, along with an apple

or 2-3 boiled potatoes. I was also consuming a lot of low-fat milk.

I am now in recovery process and went vegetarian for a week now.

Meat has too many toxins. I dont think I gonna go back to that

protein source.

Anyway I went out of topic. The bottomline is that you have to be

really carefull with creatine if its so necessary to use it.

It can easily put liver out of balance and stops it from producing it's

own amount of creatine.

I used to take creatine and it worked really well for me. I was having trouble with bloating, gas and stomach cramps, so I stopped using it as I heard those are some of the side-effects people have. Quitting didn't clear them up and it turned out I just needed to adapt to the massive amount of fiber veganism added to my diet. I haven't gone back to using it, but I have been considering going back to it lately, as my gains were much improved on it. I still have a big container of it sitting at my house.

Its weird how some people swear by it(myself) and some people simply feel like poop on the stuff

I think it depends a lot on your body's reaction to it, how you take it, how you train etc...

I'm another person that swears by it.

I always stack on muscle and keep the gains afterwards.

I found out that Our liver produces daily 2.5 grams of creatine

and another 2.0-2.5 grams is taken from external sources.

The only external source for creatine is RED MEAT and that violates

a vegan's nutrition.

When I used creatine pills (No loading phase but just 5 grams a day)

for 2 solid weeks, at first everything was cool and alright and then

suddently I begun to feel tired all the time with no good reason.

were you than on a atkins diet?

I have decided to go ahead and give creatine another shot since I was making my best gains while on it. I never bothered with cycling it and didn't do much of a loading phase when I started. Do any of you highly recommend doing either? If so, what is your method for either one? I just don't really want to take the advice for the loading phase based off of what the packages says, because obviously a loading phase is going to cause you to use more of their product, thus making them more money. That is probably why they never mention cycling, as that would cause one to use less of their creatine.

I cycle creatine every 6 weeks. I cycle NO too, and I take glutamine regularly. I think if you can afford these supplements they can definately help your workouts. Creatine lets you lift what you would be lifting in a few weeks from now, right now. It speeds gains a little bit. You can get there without it though, and cheaper, of course, if you so wish .

Creatine is so cheap now I don't see why everyone doesn't take it(so long as you don't feel any side effects). I remember when I first started taking it you couldn't find it for less than $1.75 a serving...now I get a bottle with 120 servings for $20. It sounds like it may be crap but I've tried the expensive stuff and it feels the same to me

Creatine is so cheap now I don't see why everyone doesn't take it(so long as you don't feel any side effects). I remember when I first started taking it you couldn't find it for less than $1.75 a serving...now I get a bottle with 120 servings for $20. It sounds like it may be crap but I've tried the expensive stuff and it feels the same to me

Creatine Monohydrate can be really cheap. I got 250 grams for under 10 bucks. But monohydrate isn't that great. It doesn't absorb as well as CEE, and it bloats more, etc. This is what happens to me personally (and I hear it from alot of other people too). But of course one should do what works best for them (and is vegan, duh ).