Sidebar ads getting out of hand???

michaelhobson

I was offended to see this one today

Whey Protein Powder

Pure Whey, Protein Supplements Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry

www.herbalremedies.com

And I clicked in to this one:

Weight Loss Protein Shake

The Diet And Weight Loss Authority. Find Weight Loss Protein Shakes.

DietNation.com

and found!

Good sources of protein and essential amino acids include skinless chicken breast, egg whites, extra lean ground beef, and cottage cheese. You should be consuming a source of protein with each meal.

And this one!

Lean Body Breakfast Drink

40g Protein. Whole Food Formula. Banana, Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon.

www.netrition.com

Ingredients: LeanPro® (Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate)

and...

New Whey Liquid Protein

Ideal liquid protein supplement for people on the go.

www.netrition.com

and...

The Roid Store-100% Legit

Deca, Clen, D bol, Tren, Winn-50 Credit Cards Accepted

www.roidstore.com

and here:

Vegan Diet

Learn What Nutrients You Need. Get Easy Vegetarian Recipes Now.

Prevention.com

Avoid Alzheimer's: Eat Fish

Yes, that's right the Easy Vegetarian Recipes Now link suggests eating FISH.

and my all-time favorite ad!!!

Animal research & testing

Looking for reliable information? RDS represents medical researchers

www.rds-net.org.uk

So animal research must continue if we are to solve serious medical problems like cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, AIDS, cystic fibrosis, multiple sclerosis, and malaria.

I'm still working on filtering these out. I try to look for the non-vegan ones and get rid of them, which can be kinda hard.

Many of them are quite useful, but getting rid of all the bad ones can be hard to do. But I'm working on it. I don't like to see them either, they just randomly show up.

I'm still up in Canada but when I get home, I'll try to work on this more. Thanks for your concern, it's a concern of mine too and I'll smooth it out the best I can.

Rob, unfortunately I think it's going to be pretty hard to clean this mess up. Look what you get when you click this link:

Vegan Diet

Stone-Age people were healthy, in part, because their meats were packed with heart-friendly omega-3 and monounsaturated fats, Dr. Cordain says. In contrast, most space-age beef is grain-fed and higher in omega-6 fatty acids and saturated fats.

Heart-Healthy Meat

Here's how to find Paleo-style meats and incorporate them into a heart-healthy lifestyle.

Roam on the range. Want beef? Opt for grass-fed varieties available at some supermarkets and by mail.

Go wild. Bison, deer, elk, caribou, rabbit, and other wild game are also good options.

It seems like a pretty huge compromise for a vegan site to be linking to stuff like this. I don't know how much financial support you get from these ads, but maybe there are other options? David's paypal idea isn't bad, or maybe more stylish graphical ads negotiated directly with actual vegan companies such as veganessentials or food fight? Really, anything seems better than supporting meat, whey and steroid retailers.

What browsing software are people using? I used Mozilla Firefox and I can't see any adverts - they just get blocked out automatically.

What the .... ?

I use Firefox and I see the crummy adverts.

I DEMAND A REFUND !

This morning for example, i am treated to two whey-powder adverts, one for protein powder -

USN’s Pure Protein is made from a blend of 5 different types of protein, namely whey protein isolate and concentrate, egg albumen, calcium caseinate and soy protein isolate.

mmmmm (barfs discreetly) albumen from someone else's menstrual waste.... lovely..... not to mention that wonderful whey (again)

And last but not least a more random advert for assorted supplements , many of which are made out of boiled-up gloop made out of hooves, snouts, lips, ears and anal orifices (aka. Gelatine) mmmmm - appetising !

I usually ignore the adverts completely, but this topic made me look I hadn;t realised how bogus Google-selected advertising could be !

ha.... comedically, right after the sidebar saw me grumbling about it's content, it's popped up a whole load of new and (at least semi-) relevant adverts to placate me -

one for a vegetarian home-meal delivery service of some kind, one for a vegetarian recipe book, one for gym membership, and the last one for "Thor's Raw Power Protein

100% Raw / Organic / Vegan The first healthy protein powder"

let it not be said that our criticism always goes unheard !

uhhhhm.....

Vegan Diet

Stone-Age people were healthy, in part, because their meats were packed with heart-friendly omega-3 and monounsaturated fats, Dr. Cordain says. In contrast, most space-age beef is grain-fed and higher in omega-6 fatty acids and saturated fats.

Heart-Healthy Meat

Here's how to find Paleo-style meats and incorporate them into a heart-healthy lifestyle.

Roam on the range. Want beef? Opt for grass-fed varieties available at some supermarkets and by mail.

Go wild. Bison, deer, elk, caribou, rabbit, and other wild game are also good options.

Looks to me like some of the advertisers are deliberately being misleading in making it look like they are offering vegan/vegetarian info, then trying to push their own agenda.

I don't even pay attention to most of them, since I've seen that they hold very little interest for me. But they can be quite confusing to new or struggling vegans.

It is annoying but I think its good that they are wasting money advertising to people that won't buy what they are selling. Could you imagine how much better things would be if PETA magazines were full of McDonald's adds while barbeque magazines were full of tofurkey advertisements. It does really stink but its good that they are spending money trying to sell things to us that none of us will ever purchase...they could be using that money to get meat eaters to buy that crap...and it would work

Umm just FYI -- I just saw these ads on the sidebar.

View Cheating Partners

Married but need more excitement? Search for discreet partners online

Find Married Women

Thousands of Singles in Your Area. Find Your Match For Free Now!

Legal steroids buy now

See Results in 7 days or money back dekka, winstrall, dianobol, buy now

Not to mention the ever popular Roid Store MH mentioned.

I'm still working on filtering these out. I try to look for the non-vegan ones and get rid of them, which can be kinda hard.

Many of them are quite useful, but getting rid of all the bad ones can be hard to do. But I'm working on it. I don't like to see them either, they just randomly show up.

I'm still up in Canada but when I get home, I'll try to work on this more. Thanks for your concern, it's a concern of mine too and I'll smooth it out the best I can.

Yeah, I hear ya. I'll see what I can do. It bothers me as well, and I'll see what I can sort out.

I know....they are meant to be helpful, but come out cheesy, so I'll sort something out for sure. It's all part of growing pains.

Thanks for the feedback and patience while I figure things out.

It is taken seriously, it bothers me as well. I'll work on it.

I leave Canada in a few hours...I'm looking into it. Thanks for the heads up.

Robert, you are very, very patient, and that's why we all look up to you.