Do you use Cingular? I do...

_raVen_

Who would sponsor a rodeo? Seriously, what business does a phone company have sponsoring rodeos? I didn't see BK banners in the videos I've seen of Brendan Brazier doing his events.

Just for some perspective - the rodeo is a huge deal here in Houston. It's not just about rodeo things, they also have concerts just about every night, carnival rides, and I really don't know what else. It lasts for about three weeks every spring and was attended by over one and a half million people last year. (most of them carrying cell phones of some sort, of course) According to their website, though, Verizon sponsors this one. As does Ford, Kroger, Randalls, bp, CVS, valero, Fiesta, conoco-philips, and a few others.

Sponsorship = advertising. I can understand why a company would be interested in advertising to that many potential customers. Whether I agree with it or not is another matter entirely.

Edited by Michelle

Rodoes are rediculously popular...as soon as my circus campaign with PETA was over the Rodeo came into town(granted this is Baltimore) and it seemed as if the same amount of people...if not more were interested in the Rodeo. I was expecting to see maybe 1,500 people go in at most but it was way more than that.

Rodoes are rediculously popular...as soon as my circus campaign with PETA was over the Rodeo came into town(granted this is Baltimore) and it seemed as if the same amount of people...if not more were interested in the Rodeo. I was expecting to see maybe 1,500 people go in at most but it was way more than that.

I like watching it on TV and seeing the riders get mauled.

Call me a sick son of a bitch but i love when animals get back at their captors.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have tmobile, since before i was veg, but i still never thought about how "vegan" they are. tmobile just has the best service in the salt lake area with better pricing and phones than most. verizon is horrible, not only the service and pricing here, but they do alot of shady stuff, like turned over all of their phone records to the government right after 9/11 and everything. they don't care about their customer's privacy or any of that.

well, pretty soon all of the cell phone and land phone companies will be one big company. my cingular bill now says at&t.

but i'm thinking of switching to these guys:

http://www.workingassetswireless.com/

have any of you heard of them. they avertise in the nation and on air america. i'd be willing to bet they are pretty 'vegan' and don't sponsor rodeos.

while i'm at it, this is probably the most green and vegan internet provider around:

http://www.redjellyfish.net/