100/100 Club and 500/500 Club

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Will,

500/500/500 will be completed soon. One day when I feel like spending a long time at the gym! Since I don't have a pull-up bar at home, I'll have to be at the gym to do those.

For the ratios......

I think I've done 77 push-ups in a row, and 40 pull-ups in a row, but 40 is pretty high. The most recently is 25 in a row, the day I did sets of 20-25 to get over 100 for the 100/100/100 club.

Pull-ups are MUCH harder. Most people can only do a few, or none at all. Most people in general, that is. Most fitness people may be able to do 10-20. They are quite hard, so 12 is pretty good!

I think pull-ups are one of the best exercises you can do...period!

Keep up up guys and gals!

Robert

I suck at pull ups, too. I haven't even tried to do them in years! When I was in the best shape of my life...which is only "average" shape...I could only do like 5. So, doing 500 is in outer space for me....maybe 500 over the rest of my life...

I also suck at dips...same as pull ups.

I did 200 push-ups today. The first 100 were piss, I was surprised. Onto the next goal. I still suck on the hanging-back god damn it. Still my best is 1:05.

EDIT: AHA. AHAHAHA. 250

EDIT: THREE HUN-DRED! BITCH. I'm done now. The last 5 killed me.

Realise this is still pathetic compared to the numbers you guys are racking up (which are seriously impressive ), but over the last week have got uptp 30/30, which for me is incredible ! Never know, by next weekend may even have got upto 50 (blimey)

All the numbers for everyone are great! Really, what it comes down to, is this is a competition against our own selves. To do better (or more) than we did the previous time.

We post our numbers to compare to others for fun and to encourage each other. Like I've said a few times with these contests, especially the back hanging one......my first thought is Always about trying to beat MY own personal record....then I think about times someone else may have done. And then I'll try to beat that too, if I can.

So keep on sharing the numbers, it is great to see the improvements everyone is making!

Will............good luck with the 500/500, the key is to do them consistently all throughout the day in smaller sets. When I put up my 550/700 I crammed in quite a few in the final hour before midnight. Next time I'll pace myself a little more.

Keep us updated!

-Robert

Those are good numbers Will.

Today I broke into the 700/700 club.

I did 715 push-ups and 1,065 sit-ups.

Both NEW website records, and the 715 push-ups is my own personal best total for one day, for my whole life.

I'm still going for the 1,000/1,000 club, and I think I can achieve that very soon.

Keep em coming! Don't worry about trying to get numbers this high, remember the first thing is to try to be better than the last time you did it, so just improving for yourself, then focus on trying to beat others for friendly competition.

-Robert

I was wondering how everyone fitted all this into your usual routine (hope this hasn't been asked by someone before I should have read the whole thread ), but just incase it hasn't, how are you fitting this into your days. I assume that on say chest day you wont do heaps of press-ups before your training (for example), so are you doing them between training days, daily, a set amount of days a week, say 3 times a week or what? Also how do you fit them into your day, say X amount first thing, X amount lunch time, X amount in the evening, so many an hour or what. Just curious about how you've devised your systems.

Pete, I just started working on the 500 club; but for now, my plan is to do it on Saturdays. Right now, I go to the gym 7 days a week, and I'm planning on resting my chest/tris and abs on Fridays (possibly Thursdays too) to prepare. Also, as far as a schedule goes, I didn't really do that last time, I just would drop and do a set of 25 pushups or 50 situps whenever I thought of it. Next week, I'm going to try to stick to doing 100/100 per hour, starting in the morning, so I should be done by early afternoon

Hey Pete,

This is only something I do about once per week and it doesn't seem to get in the way of anything.

For example: When I train chest, I always do sets of push-ups (press-ups) before using weights, as a warm-up.

I usually do 3 or 4 sets of 40, so right there, that is a good 120-160. Then sometimes, I do supersets with push-ups. After I rack the bar after bench press, I drop to the floor and do push-ups as a super-set.

Since I'm training Chest that day, I just continue doing push-ups in sets of 20-40 reps all throughout the day.

I do push-ups every single day, along with sit-ups too, but usually just about 50 of each, which takes under 5 minutes. I do them as a discipline practice. To know that I can do things consistently without quitting or missing a day. So I don't do them daily for muscle reasons, I do them daily to teach my mind and body about consistency.

I only do say 500 of them once per week, on chest day.

For the pull-ups for the 100/100/100 club, I'll do those with back day. Same thing with the back hang, on back day.

It doesn't mess up training at all. It only takes a bit of time, and doing them in small increments is easy on the body.

-Robert

I usually do 3 or 4 sets of 40, so right there, that is a good 120-160. Then sometimes, I do supersets with push-ups. After I rack the bar after bench press, I drop to the floor and do push-ups as a super-set.

Since I'm training Chest that day, I just continue doing push-ups in sets of 20-40 reps all throughout the day.

i would say that if you can drop to the floor and still do press ups after benching, you arent benching hard enough! (i just drop to the floor - not a chance of a press up!).

also, i believe that muscles grow when you are resting, not when you are exercising. that for me is an incentive to train less frequently and rest more - just an excuse to be lazy really! thing is - the less active i am - the more i progress. a thousand press ups in a day would only serve to set me back.

jonathan

I totally don't get this, Robert. How can you do 135 pull ups, but only hang for 1:52. How long does it take you to do the pull ups? Does the pull up use different muscles? (Understand that I can't do any pull ups or chin ups, so I wouldn't know.

Sirdle said:

I totally don't get this, Robert. How can you do 135 pull ups, but only hang for 1:52.

He does them in batches, not 135 at once. Imagine how long you could hang if you were allowed to hang for as long as you wanted, as many times as you like in one day!

He spreads out the chins over the day, so he probably never hangs for more than say 40 secs at a time, then rests.

I do sets of about 20 pull-ups at a time. I've done 40 (my record) consecutively, but I normally do sets of 15-25 during my back training sessions.

Jonathan.....when I say I do push-ups after bench, I'm only talking about 5, that is about as many as I can do....use it as a superset.

But I get a good 100-200 just in warm-up. I don't see it as too taxing, just like jogging down the street wouldn't make me need to take an extra day off. Maybe it is because my body is so used to them, it is just like walking almost. But I can see how it could set some back.

None-the-less, I will get over 1000 in a day soon.

Congrats on the job by the way, now you can eat even more!

now i'm motivated! I'm going to drop right now and give you 5--. yeah, just 5.

Hi VM, give it a go. Started doing this 16 days ago and have gone from 10/10 to 60/60 today, and there is already a slight difference in my arms.

So come on in and join me in the fluffy numbers corner and help those bingo wings as well

Alright, tried for the first time last night...should have paced myself as I was never going to get 100 pushups in starting at 10:30 pm, BUT, in about 25 minutes, I got in 50 pushups and 100 crunches.....Today, I need to split it up so that I can get 100 pushups in...I didn't think I could do this - I'm pretty stoked!

Good going you two!

Purrpuss (that Nickname confuses me...), you made a very good progress! That's just the way to do it, keep going!

Madre, i'm impressed! No, really! 50 in 25 minutes! I'm sure we'll read new numbers from you very soon!

So, i admit i have failed to do this as i foretold but as my cycle of heavy weights is now at an end, i'll do it next week, at the end of the week, one day see how many push-ups....

This forum is a source of info and motivation!

D.