Oh Boy!!!

I'm trying a month raw. Bought a ton of raw stuff at Whole Foods today(kale, chard, bok choy, brocolli, apples, kiwi, banana, melon) and a ton of raw nuts as well.

Only non raw thing i had today was the vegan donut holes i bought at whole foods as well. They were in a huge display so i couldn't pass up the opportunity.

It's been working for me - been mostly raw all week (the road trip to San Francisco interrupted the raw stretch a bit) and I've been having awesome workouts - tons of energy, healing super fast too. If you have a blender, try banana/mango/kale smoothies (with Vega is bit more filling).

It's been working for me - been mostly raw all week (the road trip to San Francisco interrupted the raw stretch a bit) and I've been having awesome workouts - tons of energy, healing super fast too. If you have a blender, try banana/mango/kale smoothies (with Vega is bit more filling).

When I first tried a packet of vega berry (free sample), I was so full I couldn't eat for 6 hours.

When I first tried a packet of vega berry (free sample), I was so full I couldn't eat for 6 hours.

Yeah, they're pretty packed - if I'm going to have Vega before excercise, it's at least 2 hours before. Then I'm ready to rock. Also, I only use 1 scoop at a tiime, 2 scoops is too much - maybe that's what you ate. It is a meal replacement if you have 2 scoops, which makes 6 hours about right...

Yeah, they're pretty packed - if I'm going to have Vega before excercise, it's at least 2 hours before. Then I'm ready to rock. Also, I only use 1 scoop at a tiime, 2 scoops is too much - maybe that's what you ate. It is a meal replacement if you have 2 scoops, which makes 6 hours about right...

I don't know. It was over a year ago, and it was a packet of the free sample. I wasn't "Oh my god I'm going to puke" full though, I was "I'm ready to face my day satisfied and nourished" full.

That should tell you that your putting too much stress on your digestive system....your also using too much of your bodies resources on trying to assimulate/digest that stuff!!!

Also if you have to have it two hours before you train then that vital energy used up digesting it that you could have used for your workout!

If it was so benefitial/digestable then it wouldn't bloat you out for 6 hours, you might as well of eaten a cooked meal.....

Stay fresh and seasonal as much as you can!!!!

Juss sumphin ta think about...

Having one scoop of Vega in a shake 2 hours before my last workout definitely gave me a massive energy boost, more than usual. I'm very sensitive to what I eat before working out, so it used to be just a banana... but I've found Vega to be the ticket.

If it was so benefitial/digestable then it wouldn't bloat you out for 6 hours, you might as well of eaten a cooked meal.....

I know you'll never eat it, but Vega digests quite well. I would compare to the feeling as eating an avocado and feeling very satisfied, though less relaxed and more energized, if that makes any sense.

So long as the donuts stay cold in the fridge they count as raw for me...nothing thats cold is cooked...Daywalker and I determined this when we were philophising Soy Delicious

That should tell you that your putting too much stress on your digestive system....your also using too much of your bodies resources on trying to assimulate/digest that stuff!!!

Also if you have to have it two hours before you train then that vital energy used up digesting it that you could have used for your workout!

I find that I can't eat much of anything before working out - feels like it's bogging me down. If I eat a bunch of fruit, with or without vega, 2 hours or so before hand, I'm just getting hungry again by the workout, but I still feel totally enegrgized. Do you eat right before a workout? This morning I was at the kickboxing gym at 6:30 am and all I had was a banana when I woke up at 5:45 am. Maybe that's a bad example, because I ate cooked food last night for dinner at an Indian restaurant and I felt like shite this morning. But normally, I have a great workout on just a banana, and that's less than an hour before... Yeah, you're right, 'bwii. Jeez! I should listen to my own body more.

I find that I can't eat much of anything before working out - feels like it's bogging me down. If I eat a bunch of fruit, with or without vega, 2 hours or so before hand, I'm just getting hungry again by the workout, but I still feel totally enegrgized. Do you eat right before a workout? This morning I was at the kickboxing gym at 6:30 am and all I had was a banana when I woke up at 5:45 am. Maybe that's a bad example, because I ate cooked food last night for dinner at an Indian restaurant and I felt like shite this morning. But normally, I have a great workout on just a banana, and that's less than an hour before... Yeah, you're right, 'bwii. Jeez! I should listen to my own body more.

I'm not usually hungry by the time it comes to my workout but even if I was and did eat before my workout it wouldn't matter because I don't overeat so I wouldn't be using up energy...plus fruit digests so much faster ( between 10 -30 mins) so it really wouldn't make much difference but you can't say that for manmade/processed foods.

Well the point I was trying to make was that whatever spin people want to put on it vega bars or any other processed, manmade supplement is not fresh or in it's raw natural state, when have you ever seen those ingrediants put together like that in nature?....yes you may feel energized or what ever but that is what it was designed to do so you will buy it again and again, I'm not trying to put anybody down or pee on anybodies parade but that's just the facts, now to perfom at optimum levels and to improve the quality of your life going raw and fresh is the way in my opinion and for me there's no escaping that.

It's all about personal choice and how far you want to take this.....

Actually the more I eat the more energy I have for a workout...so long is there is lots of carbos involved. However if I'm climbing up hills on my bike I'd rather have less energy and less weight than more energy and more weight.

i find maca helps me pre-workout

and natural sugar from fruits

try this smoothie, i made ones like this for Robert Cheeks and Dave Foster before their workouts

makes 2 serves

1/2 cup nuts (almonds, pecans, ...)

1/2 cup pitted dates

1 Tablespoon Maca

1 Tablespoon Cacao Powder (raw, ideally, like cacao nibs or whole beans or powder. or substitute raw Carob powder instead)

1-2 Tablespoons chlorella or spirulina or some type of algae (optional)

2-3 cups filtered water

Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Will keep for a couple days in your fridge too.

The Cacao has antioxidants, and gives a boost from caffine

though all caffine is straining on our adrenals

So feel free to use Carob instead. It's a legume, has much less fat than chocolate, and has no caffine. and tastes YUMMY

the Algaes are great for minerals and give you energy too for your workout

plus provide our bodies with building blocks to regenerate cells from the stress we put our bodies through

i love the color GREEN!