Diablo 2

offense74

It's one of my all-time favourite games. I think I will play it through again with a new character. So far I have gone through it with the necromancer, paladin, barbarian and druid. In my opinion the barbarian seems to be the easiest and fastest (with frenzy ).

Anyone else played it? Have anyone heard anything about Diablo 3?

And how about this?

Allthough I wasn't as hooked on that game as I am with Diablo 2, a movie is always nice !

Seriously a great game.

I played it years ago, and recently got back into it.

I love the expansion set, the game gets so much better with it!

Currently i'm building my first Hardcore character, a bowazon. Hardcore gameplay is the way to go

Offense, when you say "go through the game", do you mean the normal difficulty level or all three difiiculties? Imho the fun starts at nightmare mode

Glad to see i'm not the only one spending too much time with DII

@all:

What are your favourite characters, items, skills, and what are your greatest deeds?

I like the Amazon best i guess, though all chars except the Paladin are cool Strafe and Immolation Arrow Rule

My current chars are Angel (25, hardcore amazon), Slayer Windsong (38, amazon), Slayer Stonecloud (67, barbarian), Traumfeuer (2x, sorceress). Never played a Paladin further than a few levels, but they make good mules

I'm looking forward to Diablo III, there are hints that Blizzard will make that sometime in the future - i'll be the first one to buy it.

I'd have some ideas how i would improve DII's gameplay

Odi, when you get this thing going, i'd be honoured to be a game tester for you. I have more experience with RPGs and fantasy adventure games than is good for me

Keep on saving the world, fellow adventurers!

Diablo II looks like fun, but I'm one of those weirdos that gets motion sickness playing any game with a lot of graphics for more than a short while. (Of course, I was known to take a couple dramamine and fire up Doom back in the day...)

I'm sufficiently addicted to the old-style text-based online MUD games, though. (Yes, I am a certified geek.)

@Daywalker

I meant go through it in normal. I've been in nightmare too but it feels like just doing the same thing once more.

Some experiences with characters I've used:

Necro: Cast iron maiden -> let the bad guys punch your guys -> use corpse explosion. Not hard at all. Gets even easier when you get revive.

Barb: Hammer away. Once you get whirlwind you can get away with anything. Easiest character to play.

Druid: Skip the dogs and go shapeshifting. It becomes more or less like playing the barb. Pet druid sucks.

Paladin: Pretty easy and straightforward to play.

I've tried the others too but didn't like them for one reason or the other.

No online games like Everquest, Dark age of Camelot, World of Warcraft?
I've played a little WoW but it was too complicated for me. Too much stuff you have to know about that I didn't feel like finding out.
I think I could have spent my time with more useful things

Like what? Other games?

Diablo II looks like fun, but I'm one of those weirdos that gets motion sickness playing any game with a lot of graphics for more than a short while. (Of course, I was known to take a couple dramamine and fire up Doom back in the day...)

As I understand it most people who gets motion sicknes gets it from 3D games. This is not a 3D game (I think the call it a 2,5D game). You watch your character from above.

Ever play these games, permanent death mode? That is where, if you die in the game, you delete the character. Many guilds form, in the online games to do this. If played seriously, it makes you very much more cautious and take the game slower paced.

@Daywalker

I meant go through it in normal. I've been in nightmare too but it feels like just doing the same thing once more.

Depends. It's really quite different, because it gets harder and therefore you need to fine tune your tactics. Normal mode is easy and fun when you play the first time, you follow the storyline and enjoy the advancing through the acts. But in NM and especially in Hell mode you can't just run through the game without thinking and unchallenged.

Some experiences with characters I've used:

Necro: Cast iron maiden -> let the bad guys punch your guys -> use corpse explosion. Not hard at all. Gets even easier when you get revive.

Barb: Hammer away. Once you get whirlwind you can get away with anything. Easiest character to play.

I found that these two chars were harder to play later in the game, for example.

My barb was untouchable until i installed the Expansion and downloaded the newest patch, now his items are crap and worse, the whirlwind skill is far less powerful No fun anymore.

@99s:

Yea, in DII they call it hardcore. It's very different and much more atmospheric than "softcore", where you have unlimited lives (though you get penalties when you die).

My first hardcore character is my favourite so far Hope she'll make it through the game

I love Diablo II , I'm playing two different characters right now:

Druid named Night Shadow, all I can say is that Molten Boulder is the coolest skill EVER!

Necromancer named Dr. Orpheous. Now this name has a little history, I stole it from the character of the same name from Venture Bros. Here's a clip from said cartoon featuring said character :

A Venture Bros Chirstmas

Druid named Night Shadow, all I can say is that Molten Boulder is the coolest skill EVER!

No, no, no, no!!!

Mountain boulder LOOKS cool but eventuallly it will suck.

The first druid I built fixed most thing until I came down to the last level of hell in normal. My dogs were ripped apart before I could say 'scrabled tofu' and then the boulder didn't help much against the oblivion knights. Had to give up.

But shape-shifting... oh yes...