Ginger

offense74

I just take a slice of fresh ginger and eat it as it is. It's very refreshing and it helps digestion, lessens coughing (if I have it), it tastes good and it gives a long-lassting freshness in the mouth.

I'm thinking it's a little freaky though. I've tried to sell the idea to others but when they try they get a funny look on their faces and says like 'Umm, it's a little strong...' and then they spit it out.

My grandmother sucks on ginger when she's working around the house...I love how ginger tastes but I just can't handle it in such a concentration...I have however recently started liking organic sugar coated ginger...I don't eat it often but I know I would have hated it a few years ago...the chocolate covered stuff aint bad either...of course its surely not raw though

My grandmother sucks on ginger when she's working around the house...I love how ginger tastes but I just can't handle it in such a concentration...I have however recently started liking organic sugar coated ginger...I don't eat it often but I know I would have hated it a few years ago...the chocolate covered stuff aint bad either...of course its surely not raw though

there's a company called ''gingerpeople'' i'm not sure if they use organic material, but their ''ginger'' candies have a great taste..

• 2 weeks later...

Does Ginger chewing also work as a breath freshner ? I like ginger and love the "wow" hot effect it gives to my juices. Just never chewed it by itself that's all.

I ask, as I've recently given up chewing gum after thinking about all those ingredients they put into it.

I do like hot foods, but I don't know how hot ginger is, I will have to examine it with my face

If you like hot foods you should have no problems with ginger.

I've tried it before when cooking but never as a snack. This is a great idea! Sure beats smelling like garlic!

• 3 weeks later...

Ginger is also good for nausea, morning sickness and motion sickness.

I like candied ginger (I brush off some of the sugar, because I really don't want much, but it makes the ginger easier to tolerate). I'm pretty sure it's not raw, though.

You could maybe grate raw ginger, and add fresh-squeezed lemon and some raw agave nectar, and 'steep' it in warm water (not hotter than around 118%) to make a raw 'tea.' Just a thought.

Edited by Kathryn

My most favorite drink in the world is from a cafe in Baltimore...its made up of raw beets, granny smith apples and ginger...not sure what the ratio is though so I can't give out a true recipe...all I know is that its wonderful