Lunch Yesterday, Breakfast Today

michaelhobson

We've been eating the last of our organic veggies this weekend. Half of the joy of eating them all is that now we have an excuse to go and buy more.

Lunch yesterday was an organic mix of turnips, beets, carrots, potato, garlic and dino kale, sauteed in olive oil with a few drops of toasted sesame oil for flavor. Whole wheat chapatis were a nice companion for the fresh veggies. I love making chapatis, I'm still thrilled when I drop them in the flame and they puff up like balloons.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/michaelhobson/DSC00004.jpg

We had one of our favorite vegetable based breakfasts today, Upma. Upma is an Indian dish made with Semolina (aka Cream of Wheat). It's really easy to make, saute all your favorite veggies with a little oil and your favorite spices. Then add Semolina and a little water if needed to get almost a cake-like consistency. Our version was made with carrots, potato, cabbage, dino kale, olive oil, black mustard seeds, cayenne, asafoetida, cumin and turmeric.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/michaelhobson/DSC00005.jpg

Hmmm I really need to make my way up there some time

Any time Potter. We'll cook or not cook lots of organic veggies for you. There is an outdoor bike track near our house, it has very modestly banked turns, but still looks fun. Wannalift just bought the Captains of Crush #3, you can demonstrate your raw power by closing it. I'm sure he'll teach you to bend nails and rip phone books to impress the ladies too.

I've always wanted to rip a phone book but I wish I tried it when I was actually strong...as for the captain crush number 3s...we'll see about that...I don't wanna break them

• 2 weeks later...