Favorite bulking food?

Zack

Is there any food you can eat a rediculous amount of without getting tired of it? For me, it's garbanzo beans, so far today i've had 84 grams of protein worth of garbanzo's. Cereal is like this for me too, although i don't eat it anymore.

Rice with soysauce and fried tofu...along with peanut butter and jelly is probably what made me so big more than anything...this was the case even before I went vegan.

I gotta say i love the oats . . . regular rolled, quick rolled, steel cut . . . the oat is good. Plus, it's like a blank canvas . . . you can mix anything into it . . . fruit, yogurt, tofu, cinnamon, molasses, hot sauce (real good). It's great as a side or a the main dish.

Energy balls that I make for my kids:

1 jar of almond butter with:

pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) (foodmilled)

sunflower seeds (foodmilled)

sprouted flaxseed powder

walnuts (foodmilled)

brown rice syrup

molasses

coconut

hemp oil

unnoticeable dulse flakes

and oatmeal to bind it all together

Energy balls that I make for my kids:

1 jar of almond butter with:

pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) (foodmilled)

sunflower seeds (foodmilled)

sprouted flaxseed powder

walnuts (foodmilled)

brown rice syrup

molasses

coconut

hemp oil

unnoticeable dulse flakes

and oatmeal to bind it all together

That sounds good.

Burritos! And lots of them. Anything from plain old refried beans and tortillas to rice, black beans, corn, guacamole, cilantro and salsa. Sweet potatos, black beans and tofu make a pretty good burrito too!

Burrito Boy, aka Phat Bastard.

I've been making homemade burritos too. Black beans, avocado chunks, tomato and spinach is the easiest combination for me and delicious, but I make them when I'm short on time, so maybe one day I'll go nuts with the toppings. What kind of tofu do you put in? (Ie: What do you marinade it in beforehand?)

I gotta say i love the oats . . . regular rolled, quick rolled, steel cut . . . the oat is good. Plus, it's like a blank canvas . . . you can mix anything into it . . . fruit, yogurt, tofu, cinnamon, molasses, hot sauce (real good). It's great as a side or a the main dish.

I don't know if I could do oats with hot sauce...sounds a bit too weird unless where talking about undercooked oat groats which taste a bit like brown rice

Burritos! And lots of them. Anything from plain old refried beans and tortillas to rice, black beans, corn, guacamole, cilantro and salsa. Sweet potatos, black beans and tofu make a pretty good burrito too!

Burrito Boy, aka Phat Bastard.

This is one of the things that is awesome in the US. TEX-MEX!!!!

Tex-mex is the best and healthiest fast-food there is if done right. I basically lived on it when I was in the US.

• 1 month later...
HUMMUS

if i only knew how to make hummus.. i think i would eat it everyday.. it's my favorite dip...

www.google.com

search hummus recipe.

i've tried that already, and i have 2 vegan cooking books.. and both of them contain totally different versions of hummus.. one is really simple and the other one has all kinds of igredients.. i've tried both... and i've failed...

Hummus my way:

Dump a can or two of chickpeas/gabanzo beans into the food mill.

Turn it on.

Add olive oil (the amount is up to you. I usually do 1/4 cup per can).

Add lemon juice (1 to 2 Tablespoons).

Add some salt.

Taste, and add more of what you think it needs.

Done.

You can than get fancy by adding olives, sweet peppers, hot sauce, more lemon juice, basil, tomatoes, garlic, artichoke hearts, or whatever you might like in your dip!

It's definately chickpeas for me, I've eaten very near 2000 calories worth of chickpeas today.

do you use any spice or anything ( besides salt and/or oil ) to give them a better taste?

Nope, just take some organic ones outta the can, rinse the excess salt off and have at it!