Vegan Fitness.. ( i hope y'all don't get so mad... )

andgbr

Okay fellas, vegan brownies originated in Tennessee. Ever hear of that lovely huge vegan commune The Farm in Tennessee? http://www.thefarm.org Well, they published the book that is the foundation for all vegan cookbooks, The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook. In it you will find easy recipes with ingredients you probably already own. Here is the one for brownies:

Mix 1/3 cup flour with 1 cup water. Cook until thick and cool completely.

Melt 1/2 cup margarine. Add 2/3 cup cocoa and stir until smooth. Cool.

Beat 2 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. vanilla into the cooled flour mixture, then add cocoa mixture.

Mix together 2 cups flour and 21/2 tsp. baking powder and add to above ingredients. You can add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans. Bake in an oiled 9" x 13" pan at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

For Fudge Brownies: Decrease the flour to 1 1/2 cups and the baking powder to 1 1/2 tsp. (Note: I like the fudge version best, as the regular version is more like cake.)

Simple enough? Now get your lazy asses in the kitchen!

If you're still too lazy, or too cheap, then PM me your addresses and I actually will make you brownies and send them to you! Yes, I am that crazy and so is Tiffaney.

Okay fellas, vegan brownies originated in Tennessee. Ever hear of that lovely huge vegan commune The Farm in Tennessee? http://www.thefarm.org Well, they published the book that is the foundation for all vegan cookbooks, The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook. In it you will find easy recipes with ingredients you probably already own. Here is the one for brownies:

Beat 2 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. vanilla into the cooled flour mixture, then add cocoa mixture.

Mix together 2 cups flour and 21/2 tsp. baking powder and add to above ingredients. You can add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans. Bake in an oiled 9" x 13" pan at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

For Fudge Brownies: Decrease the flour to 1 1/2 cups and the baking powder to 1 1/2 tsp. (Note: I like the fudge version best, as the regular version is more like cake.)

If you're still too lazy, or too cheap, then PM me your addresses and I actually will make you brownies and send them to you! Yes, I am that crazy and so is Tiffaney.

Haha I didn't know that, how sad

thanks for the recipe, i'm writing it down, right now.. =D

The best brownie I ever had was wheat-free, vegan and had sweet potato puree in it. (From simpletreats.com) No joke!

wow, the only health-food store in the town, sells vegan brownies ready to eat, without wheat or anything, but they cost about 4USD each..

i'd rather buy Vega bars with that money.. lol

OK, this thread has gooten entirely out of hand! Now you have me making brownies for everyone (only if they have brownie points, that is).

I don't like brownies or other sweets but here's one that is actually healthy if you want them:

RP's Brownies:

1 cup walnuts (unsoaked)

1 cup dates (pitted unsoaked)

1/4 cup raw cocoa powder (you may use carob if you like)

Place in food processor, and blend until well blended; should still be dry and chunky, appx 30 seconds. Press into a small springform pan. Refrigerate until you can insert a knife and it isn't too sticky.

Cut into little pieces, then place in plastic baggies and freeze.

They can be eaten fresh from the fridge or from the freezer.

Optional Icing:

2 small ripe avocados

1/2 -3/4 c agave nectar (raw "blue" agave is best, but is harder to find)

1/4 c raw cocao powder (or less)

2 T coconut oil

1 T alcohol-free vanilla

dash of sea salt

dash of cinnamon (optional)

banana or strawberry slices for garnish

Place everything in a VitaMix or high-power blender or food processor and blend (on high) until very smooth.

Keep stored in an air-tight container in the fridge.

Is this offer open to anybody ?

Yes, of course. But, it requires a sworn affidavit that you are in fact a lazy bastard, both too lazy and too cheap to make/buy your own.

Is this offer open to anybody ?

Yes, of course. But, it requires a sworn affidavit that you are in fact a lazy bastard, both too lazy and too cheap to make/buy your own.

Gosh! There's always a friggin' catch! Right after I openly admit to the entire forum that I am not, in fact, too lazy to make my own brownies and have made them in the past, you throw in this stipulation!