Thrive by Brendan Brazier

andgbr

Thrive.

Brendan wrote Thrive and it became a best-seller within 5 months. They re-printed it with an additional 30 pages or so for the 2nd edition.

Now, he has a BIG book coming out. It's a 300-page book (technically 288 I think) called The THRIVE Diet printed by Penguin, the #1 book publisher in Canada!

The NEW book doesn't come out until March, and Brendan will do a book tour for quite some months when it is released. He wrote parts of the new book from my house while he was staying with me

The book you ordered is a very good book, has been life-changing for people and is a no-nonsense book that is very clear and easy to follow. The NEW one will be even more exciting, will have 75 recipes and will be pretty sweet.

Products will even have stickers that say, "Thrive Diet Approved" on them. It is going to be a pretty big deal. The top book publisher is printing it and it will be like the new Zone Diet, or South Beach Diet, but ALL VEGAN, plant-based and written by a buddy of mine.

Enjoy the book when it gets there and then get ready to be rocked by the New THRIVE Diet.

Yeah, Brendan is really one of the leaders out there. He's not super well-known yet, but he will be soon. I just spent 3 weeks with him and now chat with him nearly everyday and he's full of brilliant ideas that have greater impacts than we ever imagine.

For example; Vega. Vega is sold in more than 1500 stores and his now heading out to other continents and is taking off globally. What people don't always know is that 95% of the customer base is non-vegan. What does that mean? It means that thousands and thousands of non-vegans are replacing one of their non-vegan meals with a vegan one (Vega) usually once per day, have a far greater impact on the environment than convincing a smaller number of people to go fully vegan.

And of course, many of these people will read Brendan's book and then become vegan too, and influence others, etc.

Another thing people don't know is that Vega is certifying organic farms all across Canada. How? Vega buys organic ingredients from farms who don't have the money to get certified and be called "certified organic." Since Vega is their biggest customer (and part of the agreement) Vega supplies them with the funds necessary to get their farm certified.

These are just some of the things Brendan is working on. He's have a major influence on a lot of people and it reaches far greater than most people are aware. I'm learning a lot hanging out with Brendan on a regular basis.

So lookout, I might have some New Big Ideas soon too! I know I can top the Vegan Holiday Festival with had 1,000 people come out. I just need to figure out what to do next.....maybe I'll ask Brendan

Yay, that's awesome, are they going to stamp the food here in USA too, or just in Canada?

i can't wait to see the new ''Thrive'' diet becoming well known by a large number of people..

thanks very much for all the information, as soon as the next book is published i guess i will have to buy it too...lol

I love "Thrive."

It has influenced a lot of my more recent dietary 'tweaks' (like adding Maca and Chlorella and Hemp protein) and started me on the path of learning more about adrenal fatigue and other things he mentioned. I was very impressed overall with the book, and think of it as a good example of what well-thought-out, intelligent arguments for a vegan diet should be.

I'm glad to hear about the upcoming book. I've been waiting for it ever since I saw a mention of it in "Thrive."

Any chance of "somebody" putting together a special offer with the new book (signed by Brendan) and a container of Vega, or something to that effect?

What people don't always know is that 95% of the customer base is non-vegan. What does that mean? It means that thousands and thousands of non-vegans are replacing one of their non-vegan meals with a vegan one (Vega) usually once per day, have a far greater impact on the environment than convincing a smaller number of people to go fully vegan.

That's great!

I know we had a thread a while back where some people were dismayed about the Vega adds comparing the amounts of some of the nutrients in Vega to some non-vegan foods (ie: as much protein as three eggs---or is it four?), but I think that tactic helps appeal more to non-vegans. And once 'they' discover that a vegan food product can be as effecitive as (more effective than?) a non-vegan alternative, it might make them think a bit more about veganism, or at least going further in that direction.

95% of the customer base is non-vegan? I wouldn't have guessed that in 1,000 years.

I know, I was surprised at first. I hang out at the owner's house a lot and learn all kinds of things about the company and products. Of course, I spend a lot of time with Brendan too. I guarantee Brendan will be one of the leaders in the future of the vegan/health movement. He has such a broad-scale, big picture way of seeing things. He is very progressive and innovative in his thoughts and ideas about how to make change.

Yes, indeed 95% of the customer base for Vega is Non-Vega. Remember, a lot of vegans aren't into health. We try to target a lot of different markets because Vega can benefit anyone.

I love "Thrive."

It has influenced a lot of my more recent dietary 'tweaks' (like adding Maca and Chlorella and Hemp protein) and started me on the path of learning more about adrenal fatigue and other things he mentioned. I was very impressed overall with the book, and think of it as a good example of what well-thought-out, intelligent arguments for a vegan diet should be.

I'm glad to hear about the upcoming book. I've been waiting for it ever since I saw a mention of it in "Thrive."

Any chance of "somebody" putting together a special offer with the new book (signed by Brendan) and a container of Vega, or something to that effect?

I might be able to put a special offer together for forum members like I've done in the past. It should be no problem at all. The new book comes out sometime in March so we'll figure something out before that. Thanks!

I'm very pleased to hear about the 95% deal since so many people are turned off by the idea of veganism and VEGA sound unmistakably vegan even if it wasn't vegan.

Yeah, Brendan is on the forum under the name: Brendan Brazier

He has only posted about 4 times, but he's someone I'm in touch with on a regular basis.

His website is:

www.brendanbrazier.com

I first met him when I filmed my DVD in 2005, read about it here:

www.veganfitnessteam.com

He is a big supporter of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness. He's working on so many major projects and traveling all over North America so he doesn't have time to visit us very often. But he does appreciate all the support, the nice comments and the fact that many people here have his book and use Vega.

Either way is fine. There is great info in the first book, but I know the one coming out in 3 months will have much more info. I guess it depends if you want to wait for another 3 months

Or order some Vega from www.foodfightgrocery.com and I'll send a FREE signed book by Brendan. He stayed in Portland for 3 weeks and I had him sign 20 books He and Tonya each also signed 20 DVDs while they were here last month.

Enjoy the book(s)!

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading Thrive this morning. I've come to the conclusion that I need to read this one AND the one that comes out in three months. In fact, I'll probably end up reading this one a couple more times. (There are few books I read a 2nd time, so that's a pretty huge thumbs-up from me.)

Another thing people don't know is that Vega is certifying organic farms all across Canada. How? Vega buys organic ingredients from farms who don't have the money to get certified and be called "certified organic." Since Vega is their biggest customer (and part of the agreement) Vega supplies them with the funds necessary to get their farm certified.

Impressive.

So I was reading an article in the Saturday Globe and Mail called "The skinny on 2007" which was basically a run-down of the years diet books. I was deciding which diet I would go on this year and I had narrowed it down to either the "wine diet " or the "snack factor diet " when low and behold I noticed the "thrive diet". Looks like the clear winner even though it said "a vegan diet is a bit more work". Yay for Brendan for saving me from copious amount of red wine!

• 2 months later...

I know it peaked at number 26! He is ahead of Suzanne Sommers and other big name people

It just came out days ago, but has been available for pre-sale for a month or so.

Brendan is actually with me right now. I don't even have a copy of the book yet but I've seen it and looked through it. It is great!

307 pages and totally detailed. He is truly one of the leaders in this industry now and I feel very lucky to be able to travel around with him in on a somewhat regular basis.

Take care,