Accent test

willpeavy

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

My results:

What American accent do you have?

Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

Pretty accurate because I was born in Dallas and have lived in Florida most of my life

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

Ooh. Close, that's a little over 2 hours away.

No accent.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I've lived in Vermont... Eugene, Oregon... Boston area.. Atlanta... and Houston.

I have a "midland" accent.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I'm not even American! I guess I'm just another non-descript, boring Canadian.

Good quiz tho. I always thought I had kind of a hybrid Toronto-Vancouver accent, if that means anything.

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

Oh dear, I sound like a Fargonian. Well, I am Canadian...

What I wanna know is how I can be "North Central" and Trev can be "Midland" and yet we both have the same accent.

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

Oh dear, I sound like a Fargonian. Well, I am Canadian...

What I wanna know is how I can be "North Central" and Trev can be "Midland" and yet we both have the same accent.

So why does everyone always say you sound like Jody Foster?

You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Hollywood, here I come...

You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I have almost always been told I have a slight southern drawl. Charleston (East Coast Southern) actually, so pretty good.

Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Right on the Dot.

Your Result: The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

Oh crap, i do not have southern accent, that's bull, my accent is not even american..

I've invented my own accent.. lol

Edited by andgbr

Oh crap, i do not have southern accent, that's bull, my accent is not even american..

Where are you originally from?

i was born in Brazil, and my mom is Brazilian, but my dad is dutch, and i'm temporarily living in Florida studying, and i'm hopefully going to Netherlands in the end of May.. lol

so my first language is portuguese.. and i also know spanish.. ( it's very similar to portuguese )

really confusing isn't it?

Edited by andgbr

What is the error in #5?

Should read GNU/Linux vs. Linux. (At least, that's the lecture I got from one of my geek friends.)

I think #5 is allright because all versions of Linux that I know of are GNU. Linux was created specifically to serve as a GNU version of UNIX

There was an error in #11 though. It read "HTML stands for" but should have said "HTTP stands for." Anyway, I corrected #11 and here is the link to the new quiz:

http://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_a_computer_geek_1