Accent test

willpeavy

I made this quiz, there are a few glitches in the score system though... I guess you should pay attention to all the results, not just the most prominent one:

http://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_selfish_in_bed

for instance, if you get 'Okay' but 2nd highest is 'Great' then it means you're doing pretty good. If your highest is 'Okay' but 2nd highest is 'Kind of Selfish' or 'Very Selfish' then that means not so good. If you get 'Kind of Selfish' or 'Very Selfish' overall, you've gotta be kidding me. Anyone here gets those results, gimme your address and I will Agent 47 your ass.

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

Oh dear, I sound like a Fargonian. Well, I am Canadian...

What I wanna know is how I can be "North Central" and Trev can be "Midland" and yet we both have the same accent.

I had the same result and gasp...... I live about 3 hours away from Fargo!!!!!

I actually don't find that many people in Fargo sound like the characters in the movie. But I guess there must be some similarities.....

They hit mine right (born in Minnesota, and lived in Wisconsin and Illinois):

"You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I guess they got me.

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a soft pretzel ! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

However, I'm not even going to tell you what I got on the computer geek test.

They hit mine right (born in Minnesota, and lived in Wisconsin and Illinois):

"You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Same here.

No accent.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I've lived in Vermont... Eugene, Oregon... Boston area.. Atlanta... and Houston.

Now accepting applications for a future ex-boyfriend.

that is funny

I made this quiz, there are a few glitches in the score system though... I guess you should pay attention to all the results, not just the most prominent one:

for instance, if you get 'Okay' but 2nd highest is 'Great' then it means you're doing pretty good. If your highest is 'Okay' but 2nd highest is 'Kind of Selfish' or 'Very Selfish' then that means not so good. If you get 'Kind of Selfish' or 'Very Selfish' overall, you've gotta be kidding me. Anyone here gets those results, gimme your address and I will Agent 47 your ass.

It says I'm great........there is something wrong with the quiz

It says I'm great........there is something wrong with the quiz

Looks like everyone else on the forum is very selfish in bed, otherwise they would have posted their results too. Yippee for you and me, the only people on the forum who aren't sociopathic!

Funny about the accent thing. I had a most kind gentleman post something which absolutely made my day a few days ago on a diving board:

In part:

Add in a warm smile, a touch of southern drawl and an absolutely charming personality on top of the real thing standing right in front of you and you are beginning to get the idea. It's worth a trip to the shop.

I don't think people realize how far a statement like that goes to make someone feel good.

I guess they got me.
Your accent is as Philadelphian as a soft pretzel ! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

However, I'm not even going to tell you what I got on the computer geek test.

See what I mean? Everyone has told me I have a Philadelphian accent, no need to even take the test.