I just love my new Mac!

JW

had it for just about a month now.

I work on a Dell laptop at work and I'm wishing I had the Mac at work too.

I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of what this thing can do.

The widgets are just awesome!

(except that for some reason I can't get the weather for my city )

anyone know of any good resources for newbies?

had it for just about a month now.

I work on a Dell laptop at work and I'm wishing I had the Mac at work too.

I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of what this thing can do.

The widgets are just awesome!

(except that for some reason I can't get the weather for my city )

anyone know of any good resources for newbies?

Believe me you don't want a Mac at work. They're god awful to network.

Macs are very fun and have lots of cool stuff out of the box. I like my PC though cause i can customize the crap out of it and get some cool programs that sometimes Macs can't use. That's why i use a PC. If you don't like to figure out how to add a bunch of cool stuff to your PC, then get a Mac because they're cool right away.

Supposedly they're also better for design/video/photo/music but i can personally vouch there is no difference for at least the music. Right on par with each oter there.

p.s. Secretly i want a Mac laptop cause they look cool.

I got hooked right away when setting up profiles.... it's so cool when your picture just appears on screen.

My son just got an IPod for Christmas, so we've been having lots of fun with it.

I can't wait to get into photoshop.

Yea i'm gonna start doing photoshop, sibelius and a form of recording sofware yet to be determined next semester. I think it's called Cadence or something with a C. Not pro-tools.

Probably will also start messing around with video. My friend makes movies.

The set up is another really easy thing. PCs have all their drivers and crap you sometimes have to deal with. Or the BIOS. Macs don't have that.

Of course, i like screwing around with my BIOS. God i'm a nerd.

my brother is like that too.

Last time I was over he showed me his new "logic processor"

He had cut out the side panel on his tower and replaced it with plexiglass.

Sitting inside the tower was a Spock figurine at a console.

I could absolutely see how it become addictive though.

Hopefully for your sake your Mac keeps functioning this way since if you ever get it to work you may never be able to turn it on ever again

If that's the problem, buy a intel-based mac, there's a bootcamp thing that you can istall in it, to install a pc-os, like winxp. =)

you can run both mac and winxp.

PS. obviously you will have to buy the pc-os separated.

i have macbook and i don't regret buying it, it works really fast, never had problems with virus or spywares, although there aren't so many softwares ( including games ) available for macs.. but you can still do a lot of things, it works great.. and it's really easy to use. and it also has a apple in the back.. lol ( it's better than a bunch of ads like for pcs )

and unlike pcs, mac comes with some useful and terrific softwares for free.

and don't forget, and you can also run windows xp on them.

they're good, if you're planning in saving money, that's another reason for buying a mac, you won't have to pay people to fix them for you..

If that's the problem, buy a intel-based mac, there's a bootcamp thing that you can istall in it, to install a pc-os, like winxp. =)

i have macbook and i don't regret buying it, it works really fast, never had problems with virus or spywares, although there aren't so many softwares ( including games ) available for macs.. but you can still do a lot of things, it works great.. and it's really easy to use. and it also has a apple in the back.. lol ( it's better than a bunch of ads like for pcs )

they're good, if you're planning in saving money, that's another reason for buying a mac, you won't have to pay people to fix them for you..

The reason there is no spyware or viruses for Macs is that the people who right spyware and viruses don't waste their time with them. I'm not kidding. That's the only reason why.

I'd like to run a double OS on my PC, learn linux and stuff.

The reason there is no spyware or viruses for Macs is that the people who right spyware and viruses don't waste their time with them. I'm not kidding. That's the only reason why.

I'd like to run a double OS on my PC, learn linux and stuff.

that's why we gotta use mac, not only to enjoy while they ''are'' safe, but to also make the big monopoly of microsoft jealous and lose money and worried and do something about it...and you know, better things can happen out of that.

I'm sure as the mac market grows you guys will get your very own special viruses soon enough

well, we've got some time to enjoy, and when the mac market grows enough to get all these virus there will be more competition in that area... microsoft x mac.. at least they will have the ''obligation'' to be better than the other, or die.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay Mac Gurus

HEEELLLLPPP!!!!!

The weather widget is driving me nuts!!!

For some reason I can't get my own city to work.

I can choose other cities nearby (some which are much smaller) and they all work.

Any ideas?

Believe me you don't want a Mac at work. They're god awful to network.

? They are ?

I wireless networked up my iBook and G4 on account of neither of them having floppy drives, and for simplicity purposes.

It was pretty straightforward because it can be done via Networking, using Airport.

I'm like, a tech person though, and don;t know what it's like to try that on PCs for comparison.

Secretly i want a Mac laptop cause they look cool.

haw haw.... you should see mine, it's fucking ridiculous ! I love it !

It's a fluorescent green iBook, with the overall result that it looks and feels like a kids' Speak 'n' Spell to use. I find it ridiculous that something which irrefutably looks designed to be used by preschoolers can do all of the neat things which it does

I really enjoy my Maccy goodness which i have already...but...... my ex worked for Apple in Silicone Valley as part of the Quality Assessment crew, and had plenty to say about their (lack of) Q/A , so much so that that (combined with my tragic experiences of my pitiful and lifelong heavily bugged 40 Gb iPod (RIP after only 4 months of good care, I'm told by said ex that they know they're dodgy and that's precisely why they have only a 3 month long warranty.... they have board meetings to decide that sort of thing, so i gather) ) I wouldn;t want to buy anything new manufactured by Apple.....

I would also advise anyone against getting the official fancy shmancy super expensive Apple wireless keyboard .... trust me on this one, you value your sanity too much to buy into the good reviews. Luckily for me, mine was a gift from aforementioned ex, so i don;t feel ripped off to have it.... just frustrated by its debatable functionality. Of course, i don;t know whether they're all this dodgy or whether mine was from an especially poor batch. I wouldn;t want to get another one, though.

Ultimately, i adore my Mac stuff though..... I'm really happy that i have it, I despise the G4 case with a passion because it makes replacing components an absolute bitch, and my ex got so pissed off with his G4's case that he gutted it out and stuffed everything into a mini-cube PC case, with the result that it's now half the size with an extra small motherboard to replace the original one. It's very cute ! I wish mine had one of those ! hehe.

It's also nice to be able to use an OS for 2 years running and not feel obligated to reinstall it every month or so. nice, that is.

I always did my own PC teching due to not being loaded, so it didn;t save me money there to now use a Mac.... but it does make for an easier life overall tech-wise.

Also, the eject button on the keyboard is very....very.... cute.

It wins my heart !

This is nuts!

zip(postal codes) didn't work.

I got mine to work by typing in Winnipeg, Manitoba

Oddly enough, my wife tried doing the same on hers and it didn't work.

try updating both macs..

just click in the blue apple in the left side and go to ''software update'' =)