Seattle VegFest Details March 24th and 25th

robert

http://www.vegofwa.org/vegfest/

Anyone planning on going?

I hear they have about 10,000 people attend. It should rock!

Vegfest 2007

March 24th & 25th, 10am - 6pm

NOTE: The information below is for Vegfest 2006.

Information for Vegfest 2007 will be available soon.

Admission: Adults - $5, Kids 12 and under - Free

Tickets available at the door.

At our annual healthy vegetarian food festival you can:

Taste free food samples, over 500 different kinds to try;

See cooking demonstrations by chefs from all over the country;

Hear the latest information on nutrition from our doctors and dieticians;

Choose from a huge selection of books;

Buy our guide book for vegetarians and the curious, Veg-Feasting in the Pacific Northwest; and our new cookbook, The Veg-Feasting Cookbook. Current and renewing members are able to buy these books at an extra special discount at any Vegetarians of Washington event. Visit our membership table at Vegfest to learn more.

Many people recognize the health and other benefits of vegetarian food choices, but they are not sure what to eat, what to buy and how to cook it. This festival provides all the support that people need, and it's fun too. With free health screenings, books and lots of food, there's something for everyone. There’s even a special kids section where kids can learn about healthy food while having fun, with clowns, face painting and more.

Vegfest: Chef demo food tasting

It takes over 700 volunteers to staff the festival. Check out our volunteer pages to learn more about volunteering at Vegfest.

This event would not be possible without the support of many sponsors and supporters. See our sponsors and supporters page for more information.

If you are interested in sponsoring or participating in Vegfest 2006, send an email to sponsor.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself because I'm still waiting on an e-mail I sent 2 minutes ago to see if there is booth space available.

But assuming there is, I'd love to have Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness exhibit at this event.

I'm almost positive I cannot make this event because I'll be in California.

Ravi has offered to work the booth, which is awesome! He was the anchor for our booth at the Vegan Holiday Festival. It is a full 10AM-6PM 2-day event, so I'd love to get a team of people working the booth, assuming we get one.

loveliberate, you come to mind. It seems like this would be a super fun event for your family to attend. Would you be interested in working the booth up in Seattle with Ravi for a couple of days?

Any others from the Portland/Seattle area who might be interested?

I'll post on here as soon as I hear back from the organizers. Even if you don't go up to work at a booth, I suggest attending this event. I've heard that it is awesome! I'm sad that I'll miss it again this year.

I might be going afterall!

I just talked to the promoter and he said it's the largest vegetarian festival in the country, and last year 12,000 people attended. That's not the reason I think I'll go.

I was totally confused about when I'd be in L.A. It looks like I'll be in L.A. from March 7th-14th or so, and the Seattle Veg Fest is on the 24th adn 25th. For some reason I thought they were going to overlap.

Of course Ravi, loveliberate, etc. you're welcome to help out. I am waiting on confirmation that we'll be able to get a booth.

It's a full and busy event so they are seeing if there is room for us. Either way, I'll go just to take part in the event. Plus, the more Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness t-shirts worn there, the better!

Check back for updates.

I forgot to mention....I got the official phone call and we're in! Just as a Vega booth, not as Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness. They barely had anything available and just gave us 1 8ft table. But I will have some Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness stuff on the corner of the Vega Table.

It's a two-day event so we can work in shifts, 2 people at a time. They don't want anymore than 2 at a time, but I figure that can be 4 of us each day. So I'm open to having a number of people work with me. The Vega rep for Washington will most likely work the booth a large % of the time too.

But with a bunch of us, it will allow very short shifts and free time to spend with the 12,000 visitors, walking around sampling food, watching talks, etc.

So let me know for sure and I'll make a short list of who plans on working there.

It's official....we're in!

Cool, we'll hang out with 12,000 of our closest veggie friends

We'll talk more about it the closer we get. I'm happy to see the interest. We may even only have to do a couple of hours at a time at the booth! Also, I figure, there will be so many of us, some won't have to work at the booth at all. We can just hang out most of the time.

Now....where to stay? Ravi..........., got any ideas

Cool, we'll hang out with 12,000 of our closest veggie friends

We'll talk more about it the closer we get. I'm happy to see the interest. We may even only have to do a couple of hours at a time at the booth! Also, I figure, there will be so many of us, some won't have to work at the booth at all. We can just hang out most of the time.

Now....where to stay? Ravi..........., got any ideas

I would be more than happy to volunteer some of my time Robert. Just let me know if its a for sure thing, I have to request work off 3 weeks in advance !

We have the booth FOR SURE! They just called and confirmed it a couple of days ago and as soon as they send me all the files I will fill them out and submit a payment. I talked to the main organizer and got the official "welcome aboard" talk over the phone.

This will be about 10 times the size of the Vegan Holiday Festival or last Portland VegFest (attendance-wise) and I hear it is pretty big in general.

So yeah, we're going for sure.

My only concern is that I bring like 10 people and try to convince them we're all getting in free as volunteers. I bet its only like $5 to get in anyway so it won't be a big deal if some have to pay.

But here is what we're looking at right now:

Robert

Kamelia (Vega rep for Washington)

Ravi

loveliberate

xdarthveganx

andesuma

We might be able to pull it off ALL as volunteers. If not, I can pay for people to get in, if it's an issue for anyone.

We could do 3 shifts on Saturday and two on Sunday.

Or mix and match in lots of different ways. For example, Kamelia and I will probably like to spend a pretty good amount of time at the booth to present Vega and for me to present Vegan Bodybuilding literature, etc.

But anyway we look at it, we'll be fine. The organizers just don't want a ton of people as "staff" under one small booth, that's all. We'll respect that and handle it when we get there. Most of the time, we'll just be hanging out anyway, so it will be really fun!

Mini Vegan Vacation for Seattle VegFest!

Where to stay, and what to do during down time?

We have the booth FOR SURE! They just called and confirmed it a couple of days ago and as soon as they send me all the files I will fill them out and submit a payment. I talked to the main organizer and got the official "welcome aboard" talk over the phone.

This will be about 10 times the size of the Vegan Holiday Festival or last Portland VegFest (attendance-wise) and I hear it is pretty big in general.

So yeah, we're going for sure.

My only concern is that I bring like 10 people and try to convince them we're all getting in free as volunteers. I bet its only like $5 to get in anyway so it won't be a big deal if some have to pay.

But here is what we're looking at right now:

Robert

Kamelia (Vega rep for Washington)

Ravi

loveliberate

xdarthveganx

andesuma

We might be able to pull it off ALL as volunteers. If not, I can pay for people to get in, if it's an issue for anyone.

We could do 3 shifts on Saturday and two on Sunday.

Or mix and match in lots of different ways. For example, Kamelia and I will probably like to spend a pretty good amount of time at the booth to present Vega and for me to present Vegan Bodybuilding literature, etc.

But anyway we look at it, we'll be fine. The organizers just don't want a ton of people as "staff" under one small booth, that's all. We'll respect that and handle it when we get there. Most of the time, we'll just be hanging out anyway, so it will be really fun!

Mini Vegan Vacation for Seattle VegFest!

Where to stay, and what to do during down time?

I wouldnt mind paying to get in if need be, but hey free would be nice too.

Also I wouldnt mind using my car to drive up there, its quite new, rather reliable and very good gas milage. I would just hope to get money for gas, and people to car pool that can share some of the driving responsibility. Let me know!

I like that idea. We should carpool if a handful of us are going together. I assume loveliberate would take the whole family, so maybe You, Me, and andesuma would ride together.

Sounds like a good time. We'll just need to arrange a place to stay while we're up there. We can leave early Saturday or Friday afternoon. It's Saturday/Sunday event. We'd have to leave Super Early on Saturday because I need to help set up and be ready by 10AM. For a 3-hour drive that means getting up very early! Maybe we should head up Friday afternoon and come home Sunday evening?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for bringing this post back up. I meant to bump it up soon too. We really need to start planning this out since it's just one month away. I don't have any ideas for Seattle off the top of my head but I'll ask around.

If Darth, andesuma and others come up too, we could all get one room and your family could get another and we could stay at some fairly inexpensive motel or something. I think there are too many of us to stay at someone's home, but that might work too. We'll just have to ask around.

First, I think we need to confirm who is going for sure. So we'll work on that.

It will be great!

• 2 weeks later...

We need to start making plans for this!

Who is in?

I'll make a list of those who were interested:

xdarthveganx

andesuma

oregonisaac

davidtarrfoster

loveliberate and family

Ravi

robert

Any others?

This is the Largest Vegetarian Festival in the United States! More than 12,000 people should be there and over 500 varieties of free food samples!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the heads up.......I really want you and your family to come to Seattle for this event so we'll think of some things and I'll start looking/asking around Seattle too.

I'll be home in a few days and we can chat more about it. See you then!

I was there two years ago and had a cooking demonstration. It was an awesome experience and i am still in touch with the people I met there! It's going to be AWESOME! Last year i was too late to get a spot for my demo but they assured that i will have one for this year , but I am in Munich and have a full time busy job plus i will have my own event on March 25 the MEAT OUT. Hmmmm, it would be great to be there but it's great to see that Robert organized something!

All the best to all of you!

Cheers,

Patricia

GourmetVeganChef

No problem. We'll miss you in Seattle Patricia but I hope we get a good group from this forum to go there. We hope you have a hugely successful event in Germany too. And I know we'll be working together soon as well.

We'll sort out this Seattle stuff soon.