Hello from germany

Richard

Welcome Jakob,

Great to have you here! There are lots of other members from Germany too, perhaps some from your region.

We have lots of people with similar interests as well so I'm sure you'll be part fo some good conversations on here.

Thanks for finding our forum, have a great time, and welcome aboard!

Yeah, meat sucks. Welcome aboard Jakob. I live in mountain bike mecca to many -- North Vancouver, or, as you may know it: "The Shore". I don't ride the shore tho, which is funny 'cause it's right up the street, literally. I live on Mt. Fromme (aka Grouse). I did ride bike trials for 5 years tho (expert level). I recently retired from it and took up kickboxing. Anyhow, best of luck with your half-marathons and bike races. Hopefully the forum can help you on your quest!

thanks for all the friendly replies!

@ trev: of course i know your home ,it is a mecca to me too i know it from many videos, why did you retired from trial biking?

It was a combination of not being able to ride enough due to work - and there fore I wasn't able to keep my skills up. 2 summers ago, I got over my plateau and progressed tons, and then I injured my back badly while riding. That put me out for a while, then I got hurt at work, then I got hurt on my bike again, so I never really got my momentum back. I went into kickboxing with core training in mind, and it's consumed all of my free time. My trials friends (2 of 'em are vegans) are sad that I don't ride anymore. I look at my bike often. I may ride it again.

• 2 weeks later...