Vegan Vacation 2007 Location?

robert

Where would you like to see the Vegan Vacation held?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! I look forward to it. We won't make you sleep in a tent, unless you get out of line. We have lots of fun out here so if we do indeed end up in Portland you'll get plenty of sun, have more vegan places to go than you can imagine and you'll meet a lot of cool people.

P.S. If you do end up in a tent, I'll make sure it's a two person tent and as the organizer, I'll volunteer to keep you company

Ty, you are a brave soldier lol

Great! I look forward to it. We won't make you sleep in a tent, unless you get out of line. We have lots of fun out here so if we do indeed end up in Portland you'll get plenty of sun, have more vegan places to go than you can imagine and you'll meet a lot of cool people.

P.S. If you do end up in a tent, I'll make sure it's a two person tent and as the organizer, I'll volunteer to keep you company

Ty, you are a brave soldier lol

I was trying not to repsond to this, but I think I have to.

I am a brave soilder and during the Vegan Vacation it is my obligation to serve and protect. And if that means, you're stuck in a one-person tent, I'll be right there by your side....unless their is a video game tournament going on in the main cabin or lodge.

--

I am a soldier and I take on a lot of responsibility when I put on major events.

I'd like to hear from more people to see who is interested. Thanks for the votes and comments so far. I look forward to meeting many of you and hanging out with many of you for a second or third time.

Portland is my VV07 top pick with Pittsburgh coming in second. Asheville would be cool too. I really wasnt too excited about going to LA at all...

Other thoughts:

- Having a place where everyone could stay together would be great!

- I'd love to see lots more stuff in nature like camping, hiking, etc.

Portland is my VV07 top pick with Pittsburgh coming in second. Asheville would be cool too. I really wasnt too excited about going to LA at all...

Other thoughts:

- Having a place where everyone could stay together would be great!

- I'd love to see lots more stuff in nature like camping, hiking, etc.

Asheville would be a good place for the camping hiking thing, right in/near the appalachian mountains, during the best time of year too! Plus, it would bring vegan publicity to the area, which is needed pretty badly, though it is a vegan-friendly city.

If it doesn't workout for VV '07, we can just work on an east coast gathering sometime.

Zack,

I'd love to visit Asheville again. Additionally, I'd love to see forum folks putting on gatherings out east & everywhere!

"Beautiful and hip, Asheville, N.C., is also a haven for fine vegetarian dining

When you travel to Asheville in North Carolina's mountains, there's no guarantee you'll meet a native Carolinian. You're just as likely to find a Long Islander or a Bostonian who came and never left. Stressed-out urban warriors who come here to vacation find themselves renewed by the area's mountainous beauty, its laid-back attitude and artistic atmosphere. Visitors appreciate Asheville's mild climate and the bounty from local organic farms. They find themselves returning again and again, eventually settling in to pursue careers in massage therapy, to lose themselves in the ceramic arts or to open the vegetarian restaurant of their dreams."

Well hopefully we'll get some Eastern things going on, you can surely join!

Yes, if not a vacation, at least a meet-up. Pittsburgh and Asheville sound promising though I don't know how many members we have near Asheville.

Not many, so it makes sense to do Portland for the VV '07, but a smaller gathering is not out of the question. It would be cool to reset the poll, I've already voted, people may be interested in changing votes?

Matamoras is on the Delaware river, but there's no reason to go aside from that, though we could be doing some mucho cliff jumping up here.

PA is another good place though like everyone has been saying. Surely there's not a lot of restaurants or anything, but there are plenty of places to hike in Pike County (the one I reside in), or rafting on the Delaware.

Cape Cod is a cool place to visit in the warmer months, so that's always a possibility for y'all, especially if yer the beach type. Not a lot of vegan options for eating out, but it seems to be getting better. A vegan-friendly cafe and a new natural food store have opened just in the past couple months.

I agree that there are some great places in PA. However, I must vote for Portland because it is so beautiful here, the public transportation is so good, there is such a large vegan community, and the weather tends to be sunny for the entire months of July and August. Okay, and this city supports 3 co-ops (one entirely vegetarian!) and has almost too many farmer's markets to count, and you can eat organic, local, vegan and raw here. And on the west side, the streetcar is free for most of the areas you might want to see - but it's so easy to walk that you don't even need the streetcar. And there are many buses that services the entire city. And taking the MAX train from the airport is super easy. And if you have/borrow/rent a bike, this is easily one of the most bike-friendly cities in the U.S. And we have the Benson bubblers - public water fountains if you get thirsty. And we have horses on the sidewalk!

http://horseproject.home.comcast.net

http://www.blossominglotus.com

http://www.propereats.org

http://www.trimet.org

Edited by DV

There are about 25 people to choose from. I picked up people last time, even potter borrowed my car to go to the airport, and I have plenty of vegan friends who would pick you up andesuma also picked up people for me in the past, so you'll be covered, no worries at all.

This year I am quite centrally located and will be able to pick people up as well as let them crash at my house, I have a futon and plenty of floor space, but seeing as I had to find a roommate I no longer have an extra room. People are still more than willing to stay at my place, just dont expect a room to yourself.