Vegan Vacation 2006

robert

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TARZ!!

Missed ya and those abs of yours!! Cannot wait to meet your abs on the vegan vacation.

I hope I have abs to bring on the vegan vacation....my own, not Topher's and Rob's I mean

I thought it'd been awhile since I mentioned how excited I am for this, so I just wanted to throw it out there again....

I am REALLY REALLY REALLY excited for the vegan vacation!!!!

Robert, for real, let's get some hardcore planning in. It's not that far away really, and I for one, like to have things set in stone. I'm kinda silly that way

Now I'm going to be late to class because I've hung around on the forum too long........darn it!

Have a good day all!

The whole plan sounds absolutely fantastic and I really would like to join you together with my little family! Sad but true I have to work in that period of the year since I am the Co-organizer of a congress on sports injuries and doing my dissertation in the same time. Hopefully I can take part the year after!

TARZ!!

Missed ya and those abs of yours!! Cannot wait to meet your abs on the vegan vacation.

Cheers Nat - I missed ya too I've been busy lately - I was in holiday in Thailand for two weeks and have a lot of work on at the moment.

I look forward to meeting you too. Still not 100% sure if I can make this - depends on finances, commitments, exact dates etc etc - but you know I want to get over to this. If I do get over I'll make sure my abs are in top shape for ya Nat. I hope you look forward to meeting the rest of me too - you won't get much of a conversation from my stomach I'm afraid.

Cheers Topher. You rock too dude. I always meant to ask you why V VII Hero? I now know from your new 'new' member intro it had something to do with where you live(d)??

The whole plan sounds absolutely fantastic and I really would like to join you together with my little family! Sad but true I have to work in that period of the year since I am the Co-organizer of a congress on sports injuries and doing my dissertation in the same time. Hopefully I can take part the year after!

That would be great!! But you never know what can happen in a year. Maybe it will be possible to participate in the 2006 vacation.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I know we've talked about the Caribbean for a destination place. We talked about St. Thomas, St. Martin, or St. Johns. I was flipping through the Travel Issue of VegNews magazine and St. Johns was listed as one of their top veggie-friendly travel destinations And St. Thomas is also veggie and vegan-friendly. I've been there dozens of times (cruise ship job, there every week for a few months.)

I think we'll start "setting things in stone" soon. We'll get a destination picked out and then start the "planning" portion of this project.

Thanks for all the input and interest. Even if it's just Me, Megan and Topher who show up, it will be a blast. But I have a feeling we'll have dozens. I know Compassionategirl, MichaelHobson and others are determined to come out and kick it as part of the Vegan Fitness Team Vacation 2006.

Thin Thin Vacation Him

Do you think either Brendan or Tanya would be able to make it too? Afterall, they ARE the vegan fitness team (+Robert). That'd be pretty awesome if they came....Tanya seems super fun I'm really sorry I missed my chance to meet her and Brendan (Still kicking myself for going to that softball game!)

i do not think that it is likely that kathryn and i will be able to make it. we are getting married in the summer, and despite the idea being that it is going to be a small and modest do, 70 odd people are going to be there and it may prove expensive. especially considering the amount of food the vegan proportion of us are going to eat!

sorry guys!

jonathan

hehe - i thought that i had mentioned that i was getting married at some point! thanks for the congratulations - we have been engaged for over a year now so its about time

alex - looking forward to the meetup next month - too bad that you will have been starving yourself for ages - you wont be able to lift those crazy weights you can at the moment

jonathan

i do not think that it is likely that kathryn and i will be able to make it. we are getting married in the summer, and despite the idea being that it is going to be a small and modest do, 70 odd people are going to be there and it may prove expensive. especially considering the amount of food the vegan proportion of us are going to eat!

sorry guys!

jonathan

Sure, any excuse to get out of a squat competition.

Congratulations mate! Two beautiful people who deserve each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey... I haven't participated in this thread yet, but I am very interested in attending. It's just that I can't know for sure whether or not I will be able to at this point. It will all depend on finances and job situation.

Also, would I be able to bring my gf with me even though she is neither vegan nor into fitness? We don't get to take many vacations, so there's no way I could in good conscience go away to some tropical place without her.

Also, would I be able to bring my gf with me even though she is neither vegan nor into fitness? We don't get to take many vacations, so there's no way I could in good conscience go away to some tropical place without her.

Well, in my opinion, I dont see anything wrong with bringing a non-vegan, but then again I havent really given much thought to it, and of course it also depends on what other attendees say about that. In fact, maybe any non-vegans that are brought to the vacation will see just how awesome veganism is and be inspired to go vegan because of that exposure to veganism !?

Hmmm...not sure. But one thing is for sure. Most of us will be speaking the vegan message loud and clear.

Well, in my opinion, I dont see anything wrong with bringing a non-vegan, but then again I havent really given much thought to it, and of course it also depends on what other attendees say about that. In fact, maybe any non-vegans that are brought to the vacation will see just how awesome veganism is and be inspired to go vegan because of that exposure to veganism !?

She is at least vegetarian and I'm sure she would have absolutely no problem with eating vegan for the duration of the trip. By then, she could even be vegan--she does want to be. As of now, I talked her into eating vegan on the weekdays, as a start. Hopefully, she'll see how easy those weekdays are and she'll go completely vegan!

She is at least vegetarian and I'm sure she would have absolutely no problem with eating vegan for the duration of the trip. By then, she could even be vegan--she does want to be. As of now, I talked her into eating vegan on the weekdays, as a start. Hopefully, she'll see how easy those weekdays are and she'll go completely vegan!

Heck yeah you should bring her! What better opportunity to see how fabulous veganism is! If she hasn't converted by then, how could she not after meeting all of us

If she hasn't converted by then, how could she not after meeting all of us

That's exactly what I thought! What better conversion experience than being surrounded by healthy, happy vegans who love to eat yummy vegan food?! (Well, maybe I'm projecting a bit on that last part because I love to eat so much, but it seems like many of you all get pretty excited about tasty vegan food!)

Btw, I would totally love to be surrounded by healthy, happy vegans who love to eat yummy vegan food (and love to work out) myself. I don't have any vegan friends, so that experience would be so cool!

Btw, I would totally love to be surrounded by healthy, happy vegans who love to eat yummy vegan food (and love to work out) myself. I don't have any vegan friends, so that experience would be so cool!

WE are your vegan friends

I think we're going to have a pretty good turnout. We'll continue to plan out a destination and specific dates.

We need to know exactly who is interested for sure, and have the committed people discuss dates and times so we can make it at the right time for most of us to attend.

We may even have some extension of the trip for those interested, like an extra few days in a different location, or a road trip or something like that.

I think we're going to end up in the Caribbean somewhere and I think it will be for about a week.

We'll get all the details sorted out this winter for our timeframe of getting together sometime in June, July or August of 2006.