Vegan Vacation 2006

robert

I'm definitely interested, as long as the trip isn't too expensive. (I'm a single mom and college student!)

With enough advance notice, I can work my schedule around just about anything, so anytime until mid-August when fall semester starts should work for me.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE are your vegan friends

True! But I can't eat with you through the internet!

You can if you use VeganMadre's picture method

It's true though...I definitely need more peope to chow down on yummy vegan food with me...I've got my roomies (Topher and Rob) which in many regards is all I could ask for but the more the merrier!

Can't wait!

Hopefully we'll be able to make the financial aspects reasonable, because I am one decidedly broke college student, and that's not a situation that's likely to change any time soon.

Maybe we can do vegan fundraising

Can't remember if any decisions have yet been made on the length of the vacation - and I can't be bothered to check out twelve pages to see if anything has been posted.

Basically, if it's only a week I very much doubt I will attend - not really worthwhile in terms of cost and the fact that I lose two days travelling. However, if this was for two weeks I'm much more likely to make it over. My hunch is that this will only be for a week though?

We may even have some extension of the trip for those interested, like an extra few days in a different location, or a road trip or something like that.

Oooohhhhhh....that sounds like a great idea. Road trip to another location. We could rent a couple of jeeps and go road tripping through the mountains or all over the place. We can go "island hopping" although obviously we'd need a boat too for that.

Can't remember if any decisions have yet been made on the length of the vacation - and I can't be bothered to check out twelve pages to see if anything has been posted.

Basically, if it's only a week I very much doubt I will attend - not really worthwhile in terms of cost and the fact that I lose two days travelling. However, if this was for two weeks I'm much more likely to make it over. My hunch is that this will only be for a week though?

Well, the official group get together will probably only be for a week. However, if it is anything like VF Week 2005, some of us will end up there for 10 days to two weeks anyway. Probably at least enough vegans for you to hang out with anyway! We had some great adventures in the days leading up to VF Week, This and That Curry Shop, Alton Towers etc.

Well, the official group get together will probably only be for a week. However, if it is anything like VF Week 2005, some of us will end up there for 10 days to two weeks anyway. Probably at least enough vegans for you to hang out with anyway! We had some great adventures in the days leading up to VF Week, This and That Curry Shop, Alton Towers etc.

Cheers Mihael - sounds cool. Hope to catch up with you again next summer mate. If I do come over, I'll bring a few flapjacks for you.

A suitcase full of flapjacks! Sounds like heaven. I could be 113 kilos easy if I had flapjacks.

How much does a kilo weigh (in pounds or ounces)? That sounds like a lot!

And so as not to hijack - hooray for vegan vacation! Can't wait!

awh bless! you lot over the pond are all still on imperial! (though you seem to have some strange twisted version of it! ). during the VF week i was tophers converter, cos i have a head that retains stupid, usually pointless facts, like all the conversion rates.

plus in the UK we are just about finished converting to metric, so im lucky that i was taught both systems. metric makes much more sense though!

jonathan

A suitcase full of flapjacks! Sounds like heaven. I could be 113 kilos easy if I had flapjacks.

How much does a kilo weigh (in pounds or ounces)? That sounds like a lot!

And so as not to hijack - hooray for vegan vacation! Can't wait!

awh bless! you lot over the pond are all still on imperial! (though you seem to have some strange twisted version of it! ). during the VF week i was tophers converter, cos i have a head that retains stupid, usually pointless facts, like all the conversion rates.

plus in the UK we are just about finished converting to metric, so im lucky that i was taught both systems. metric makes much more sense though!

jonathan

and I have a head that retains stupidness

metric makes way more sense than what the USA uses

By the way, I look forward to some friendly poker games on some warm, breezy evenings on our St. wherever vacation. P

Maybe we can play on the beach at sundown, or in the patio/backyard of our cabin/villa/whatever, with the warm breeze, fresh air, good vegan food and surrounded by vegan friends, with some music in the background.......laughing, talking, chilling, mking lifetime memories, etc.

Okay i must admit I am in a sentimental kind of mood.

damn I cant wait for next summer. Still lots of time between now and then.

Do you realise how hard it is to teach me anything - I have no patience whatsoever.

Seriously as much as I want to go, a lot can happen between now and next summer. It will cost me more to get over from the UK, I dunno what holidays and finances I will have nearer the time etc etc. Just have to wait and see....

Tarz, it's ok, we won't teach you poker if don't want to - but you still have to play with us

I'm also very much looking forward to this vacation, Nat! So so so so SO much!

Aaaah!

But there are some highlights in between, at least. Johnathan will visit us this month! Then the chistmas time with lots of cakes and cookies

K-oz' birthday, my birthday... somehow i'll survive till next summer!

Can't play poker. I'll play Snap with you though if I make it over. About the limit of my card game skills.

I'll teach you. And stop with this "if" I make it over. How can you resist - afterall, I will be there.

Poker is very addictive I have found. And it doesnt take long to learn at all.

if you guys are playing strip poker, please can you not post the photos?!

much obliged

jonathan

Can't play poker. I'll play Snap with you though if I make it over. About the limit of my card game skills.

I'll teach you. And stop with this "if" I make it over. How can you resist - afterall, I will be there.

Poker is very addictive I have found. And it doesnt take long to learn at all.

if you guys are playing strip poker, please can you not post the photos?!

much obliged

jonathan

What are you trying to say? We're beautiful vegan people here.

It's good that you will not be attending, with your usual attire of a pair of shorts and nothing else, you would be naked in an instant. Then I would be forced to leave the poker table.

Nat & Daywalker,

As I've previously explained, Poker will be beyond my limited intellectual capabilities, but hopefully one of ya will find time to play Junior Top Trumps with me. I was playin it with my four year old nephew over the weekend, so in fact I now know three card games....

Used to play Stop the Bus when I was kid if anyone remembers how to play that coz I don't. Chase The Ace I remember too - that's easy. Make that four card games.