Vegan Vacation 2006

robert

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone mention St. Martin (St. Maarten) Dutch and French I believe. I've been there a few times.

Let me tell you, St. Martin has a massive NUDE BEACH! I went there a few times, hundreds of people. It is divided between topless and NUDE so visitors can go to either one.

St. Martin is really pretty, and I bet they have a gym too. I'll look into it but its big enough that there should be a fitness center somewhere. I enjoyed my time there.

Cruise ships have gyms and that is where I worked for 2 years That would be fun too, but we'd have more freedom if we stayed at a certain location rather than stopping in each city or country for only 8AM-5PM and then back on the ship. But it would have all the things we need: Gym, vegan food, swimming pools, stages to get up on the mike (talent show), and many people on the typical North American diet that we could influence with our Vegan Fitness Team shirts that we'll All be wearing.

So both those ideas are cool.

Almost forgot......St. John sounds cool too, and it's close to St. Thomas and other Islands.

I'm glad to see all the interest and ideas. Thanks all for sharing.

Oh, and yeah, Megan and I kinda have a no-shirt policy at home It is not always enforced but it's pretty much the coolest rule in our apartment.

Thin Thin Naked Him

• 2 weeks later...

Man could I really use a vacation soon. There is so much shit goin' on in my life that I feel like I am drowning. I couldnt even go to Lousiana with Dan like I wanted to do much to help with the animal rescues.

If I had a digital camera, I would send you Daywalker some pics for the calender and even Rob some pics. Maybe we can take a whole bunch of pics on the vegan vacation for a 2007 calender

I'm very much looking forward to that vacation, too, CG.

If I had a digital camera, I would send you Daywalker some pics for the calender and even Rob some pics. Maybe we can take a whole bunch of pics on the vegan vacation for a 2007 calender

I think there will be a 2007 calendar. We just have to start the project earlier next year

Good idea to make cool photos at the VF Vacation!

It looks as though I'll be leaving for Finland beginning of September next year, so August is good for me but no later.

Finland? That's not one you hear too often.

You should get to know JP over on veganfitness.net . He lives in England now and will probably be moving to South Africa next year, but he's from Finland and could give you the lowdown on vegan living in Finland. He's actually pretty sure that he was the very first vegan in finland.

There are several other Fins on vegan fitness as well.

Good Luck!

It looks as though I'll be leaving for Finland beginning of September next year, so August is good for me but no later.

Finland? That's not one you hear too often.

You should get to know JP over on veganfitness.net . He lives in England now and will probably be moving to South Africa next year, but he's from Finland and could give you the lowdown on vegan living in Finland. He's actually pretty sure that he was the very first vegan in finland.

There are several other Fins on vegan fitness as well.

Good Luck!

well one of the first three! funny though was that he as the media figure head for the animal rights movement in finland (though not by choice) for a good while. he was on loads of tv shows and they even interviewed his mum. then more recently, the media did a 'where are they now?' series. sportmen, politicians and joni. hehe!

anyway - finland is supposed to be pretty good for vegans now

jonathan

Okay so who CANNOT make it if we hold this trip in mid August.

Please post, as we should really start narrowing a ballpark time like at least the month that where are planning on doing this, if not yet the specific week of that month.

Am I correct in assuming so far that the following people are definietly in (barring unforeseen circumstances of course);

Rob (obviously)

kollision

Chesty

College B

Topher

Megan

Michael Hobson

Jonathan (if there are minimal fat American Tourists running around )

Daywalker

SkinnyDipper (if nudism is allowed)

Lelle

Nobbi

Brendan

Corey

Michelle

Pete

Tarz (where has he been lately anyway?)

Me

Did I forget anybody else who has expressed an interest or should I remove anybody? HOPEFULLY MORE PEOPLE WILL ADD THEIR NAMES TO THIS LIST SINCE THE MORE, THE MERRIER!!!!

Tiff, can you come? What about Will? What abour Sirdle? I know it is hard if you have kids and/or spouses. But it would be great if you guys could bring them too!!

Edited by compassionategirl

okay so first we should settle on a location I guess and then decide what month it is best to go.

I know that everybody else but Skinny and Jonathan arent thrilled about St. Thomas. But how about everybody else?

and is there any way we can convince Dan and Jonathan to agree to St. Thomas, and to suck it up and be happy that they are with a whole bunch of fit vegans on beach (even if Dan will have to keep his clothes on??)

I'm good with St. Thomas or anywhere with a warm beach and affordable airfare.

Of course we could just forget the whole thing and all show up at Rob and Meg's place next week.

Hey, I've said it before, I'll say it again - the more the merrier, and the door is always open!

But come summer, I want my vacation AWAY from our place

and is there any way we can convince Dan and Jonathan to agree to St. Thomas, and to suck it up and be happy that they are with a whole bunch of fit vegans on beach (even if Dan will have to keep his clothes on??)

Not gonna happen, but then I can almost guarantee that I'm not going anyway, regardless of location, so don't worry about me.

Not gonna happen, but then I can almost guarantee that I'm not going anyway, regardless of location, so don't worry about me.

It's no big deal. Y'all will be having fun and socializing, and one of you will stop and say 'gee, wouldn't it be a shame if some old, cranky, naked guy had shown up?' And someone else will reply, 'why the hell would someone like that be here?'

Okay so who CANNOT make it if we hold this trip in mid August.

Please post, as we should really start narrowing a ballpark time like at least the month that where are planning on doing this, if not yet the specific week of that month.

Am I correct in assuming so far that the following people are definietly in (barring unforeseen circumstances of course);

Rob (obviously)

kollision

Chesty

College B

Topher

Megan

Michael Hobson

Jonathan (if there are minimal fat American Tourists running around )

Daywalker

SkinnyDipper (if nudism is allowed)

Lelle

Nobbi

Brendan

Corey

Michelle

Pete

Tarz (where has he been lately anyway?)

Me

Did I forget anybody else who has expressed an interest or should I remove anybody? HOPEFULLY MORE PEOPLE WILL ADD THEIR NAMES TO THIS LIST SINCE THE MORE, THE MERRIER!!!!

Tiff, can you come? What about Will? What abour Sirdle? I know it is hard if you have kids and/or spouses. But it would be great if you guys could bring them too!!

Hey Nat - I'm still lurkin around