100% Raw for 36 hours

robert

I just wanted to make that announcement

I've been 100% RAW for more than 36 hours. I also haven't worn deoderant in 36 hours. Not that both go hand in hand, I just had a slight rash under my arm and didn't want to make it worse.

Anyway, I feel fine and I havne't even had much variety.

Bananas, apples, carrots, Vega bars, celery, oranges are pretty much it. I'll go out and get more things today.

I don't plan on staying RAW very long, just cleansing after the 9 burritos (7 in one day) and two vegan burgers I had over the weekend. I had lots of other food too and could barely sleep. I did weigh over 190lbs with clothes on, but too much processed stuff.

I think I'll do 48 hours of raw each week and see how it goes.

Then maybe a whole week, or longer

Right now I'll focus on more variety and I'll get some nuts and seeds in there and lots of greens too.

I think I'll do 48 hours of raw each week and see how it goes.

Then maybe a whole week, or longer Smile

I think the longest I have been 100% raw is a couple of weeks. We've started incorporating more raw fruits and veggies in to our diet recently and try to focus on veggies with our cooked food. 100% raw isn't our goal, but this forum has definitely inspired us to put more raw goodness in to our bodies.

Thanks Raw Runner,

MH, yeah my goal isn't to be 100% RAW either, but living with a raw food chef, and hanging out with Brendan Brazier has inspired me to be more raw. There are other inspirations as well, such as BigBwii and other members here.

Andesuma is a raw friend of mine here in town and a bunch of us in general are incorporating more raw foods into our diet.

2 weeks of totally raw is great! I was going to stop tonight, but I'll keep going.

I'll stop tomorrow at over 50 hours. Why stop? We made a bunch of burritos, like 16 of them and I don't want them to go to waste..and I just kinda want to eat some cooked food too.

But I'll try to do a RAW day or RAW 48 hours each week and see how it goes.

I did 36 hours of raw this week too, but not on purpose. (FYI: I did wear deodorant.)

All of the raw discussion on here has inspired me to incorporate more raw stuff into my diet. I've been consciously choosing raw snacks as well as experimenting a bit with raw recipes and enjoying it. A very good friend gave me a copy of "Raw Food Real World" for Christmas, and I've also been searching the web for raw recipes. Oh, as well as wrapping big yummy kale leaves around bananas and munching while searching.

At some point late in the day yesterday I thought "Gee, I've eaten raw all day today" then I realized I'd done it all day the day before too!

Right now, my goal isn't to be 100% raw, but... I noticed that the more raw stuff I eat, the less appealing cooked food is and the more appealing the raw stuff is. Does anyone else notice this?

Awesome, Robert! We've been about 95% raw during the week for the last week and a half, and a little less raw on the weekends. It's been great.

And yeah, Michelle, I'm finding I'm less and less attracted to cooked food, especially restaurant food ( ). Conversely, I've become totally addicted to things like apples, bananas and kale. Oh yeah, and grape tomatoes. When I see cooked food and a salad side by side, the cooked food looks like somebody already ate it.

I'm finding I'm less and less attracted to cooked food, especially restaurant food ( ). Conversely, I've become totally addicted to things like apples, bananas and kale. Oh yeah, and grape tomatoes. When I see cooked food and a salad side by side, the cooked food looks like somebody already ate it.

This is exactly how it feels to me!

I eat one cooked meal per day and also had some completly raw days in the past few weeks.

It feels great although I am not a raw chief.

Wow, cool!

I'm glad we started a wholr RAW section a few weeks ago. There are so many people here going that way.

When I wake up, I will have been raw for about 54 hours

I think I'll finish off those burritos that are lying around, but I'm doing fine on an all raw diet. I just incorporated some nuts today and SmartMonkey Ani made me some RAW dinner with greens, spreads and veggies.

If I can get enough calories and protein, I may go more raw more often.

My boyfriend and I went totally raw for 5 days last week. It was crazy how we were both really worried about it and a lot of the stuff we ate really didn't taste that good but when we were done we definitely wanted salads more than any cooked food. I had to sort of force myself back into eating cooked food just for the nutritional variety that I don't know how to get with all raw foods. it is interesting how it teaches you to listen to your body and your body says some things you wouldn't expect (at least that happened to us).

It lasted for 57 hours and it was beautiful, but now I'm eating a burrito. I'll still go back to RAW for a 24-48 hour period each week I think. I enjoyed going out and getting fresh produce and eating high nutrient-dense foods.

I'm thinking of starting a RAW challenge on here for people to go RAW for a week and have some raw companies sponsor the challenge. We'll see.

It lasted for 57 hours and it was beautiful, but now I'm eating a burrito. I'll still go back to RAW for a 24-48 hour period each week I think. I enjoyed going out and getting fresh produce and eating high nutrient-dense foods.

I'm thinking of starting a RAW challenge on here for people to go RAW for a week and have some raw companies sponsor the challenge. We'll see.

What do you mean by raw challenge? I went raw about 9 days ago, are you talking about another contest just for raw people, or something??

Well, I'm thinking of something like we set up a raw challenge. It won't be who can go the longest but it will be a set time frame such as 1 week.

Depending on who I can get sponsor it, anyone who completes the 1 week raw challenge will get some free raw bars or other raw food products from the sponsoring companies.

The catch is, every person would have to keep a detailed Raw log and post it online. Of course I always trust people, but this would make it interesting, educational, and keep people on their toes.

It would be open to people who are not already raw because that would be the "challenge" of it.

Maybe for those who are Raw I could do something like a Raw for 30 days challenge and you could all keep a whole month log updated everyday.

Just some ideas I have, that's all

Well, I'm thinking of something like we set up a raw challenge. It won't be who can go the longest but it will be a set time frame such as 1 week.

Depending on who I can get sponsor it, anyone who completes the 1 week raw challenge will get some free raw bars or other raw food products from the sponsoring companies.

The catch is, every person would have to keep a detailed Raw log and post it online. Of course I always trust people, but this would make it interesting, educational, and keep people on their toes.

It would be open to people who are not already raw because that would be the "challenge" of it.

Maybe for those who are Raw I could do something like a Raw for 30 days challenge and you could all keep a whole month log updated everyday.

Just some ideas I have, that's all

That's awesome, and you should do that. A lot of us who are raw, are intent on staying raw so that wouldn't work for some people, but that's alright with me. I am just going along with the normal contest that's already going. It would be cool to win that on a raw diet.

I just wanted to make that announcement

I've been 100% RAW for more than 36 hours. I also haven't worn deoderant in 36 hours. Not that both go hand in hand, I just had a slight rash under my arm and didn't want to make it worse.

haha..alittle TMI.

But, actually I rarely wear deoderant, and when I do, it's just lavender

extract/oils..

Being raw gets rid of body odor, or at least..

when you're not detoxing..hah

Anyhow...

I'm sure you needed a break from the processed foods!

Doing a raw 24-48 hour cleanse per week would be a great idea.

; P

Your body will thank you.

I try to eat as many raw foods as possible and when you start you crave them all the time. Love to have them at every meal.

Didn't get out to do some shopping today and I am wondering what I have left. Craving a big salad and fruit salad or smoothie. Now I am stuck here withouut my car until morning.

Looks like it is romaine and cucumbers and strawberries.

seriously, i'll do a raw challenge with a journal or whatever... especially if it means free goodies!!!

about the deoderant: i haven't used deaoderant for a few years, rob. and i'm in a business wherei have to present the best first impression possible. i found that deoderant actually made underarm oder worse and after a while, my body learned to take care of itself (a friend from france said this is the general theory of french and other europeans who also don't use deoderant). at most, you might want to wash your pits more often. hey, did you know Mathew McConaughey hasn't used deoderant in 12 years or something like that? i think he figured out the same thing. and lok at him: he was sexiest man alive!

Raw Challenge - I'm in!

I don't use much deodorant anymore either - just natural stuff from Tom's of Maine, or Jason Cosmetics. But I usually forget to put it on. Don't really need it since a few months in of being vegan.

Yeah, this is a cool thread. I am eating only one cooked meal a day now and that is usually bean soup or beans and brown rice. Yum. I can't stand the smell of meat anymore. We were on vacation and a sure appetite killer was walking into a restaurant and smelling all of the dead animals.