Warrior Nation - New MMA show

caught this show last night on MSNBC. it's sorta like a news/documentary style show, similiar to 48 hours on CBS. i think each episode they are going to follow different fighters around. the one i saw last night featured Enoch Wilson and Urijah Faber, one of the top lightweights around. it was a pretty good show. did a pretty good job of dispeling some myths about MMA, like when Faber was discussing the rules of MMA with his disapproving mother and Wilson pointed out there are more serious injuries in figure skating than MMA. they followed them training and at their day jobs. they even interviewed a couple of female MMA fighters, which you never see anywhere else. it airs Tuesdays at 10pm and 11pm eastern time.

Warrior Nation

the

is already on you tube.

I watched this too. It was really good. Im happy to see MMA become more mainstream than being so underground.

Both Enoch and Urijah look so big to be cutting to Featherweight (146 lbs). Too bad for Enoch that he lost that fight just because of a cut. It was a nasty cut though. Real nasty.

caught this show last night on MSNBC. it's sorta like a news/documentary style show, similiar to 48 hours on CBS. i think each episode they are going to follow different fighters around. the one i saw last night featured Enoch Wilson and Urijah Faber, one of the top lightweights around. it was a pretty good show. did a pretty good job of dispeling some myths about MMA, like when Faber was discussing the rules of MMA with his disapproving mother and Wilson pointed out there are more serious injuries in figure skating than MMA. they followed them training and at their day jobs. they even interviewed a couple of female MMA fighters, which you never see anywhere else. it airs Tuesdays at 10pm and 11pm eastern time.

Warrior Nation

the

is already on you tube.

thanks for the link, I did not even know about this show. I will catch it on Friday.

Thanks Ronnie for the link to that fight. They didnt show the whole thing on the show. That was a good fight. Enoch has some slick submission/position escapes. And they were going a million miles an hour. But thats what you get with the little guys. Promotors need to realize its us little guys that put on a great show. Maybe not as many knockouts but there is action the whole time. Anways thanks for the link!

Would be nice to see some female fighters on air

It was pretty cool to see girl MMA. The one that won the fight was a tough looking girl. Well more than looked, she was tough. The other girl was girly girl looking, like you wouldnt expect her to be a mma fighter. But she was tough too. So anyways it was cool to see. I imagine we'll see alot more of it in the future.

Would be nice to see some female fighters on air

It was pretty cool to see girl MMA. The one that won the fight was a tough looking girl. Well more than looked, she was tough. The other girl was girly girl looking, like you wouldnt expect her to be a mma fighter. But she was tough too. So anyways it was cool to see. I imagine we'll see alot more of it in the future.

Honestly, I thought the girls they had on were quite sub par. I used to train with Erica Montoya in CA who is one of the better female fighters out there right now. She is beautiful, and one tuff woman!

• 2 weeks later...

i saw the most recent episode on friday night. surprised to see so many familiar people. chuck liddell, tito ortiz, dana white, cung le, jason von flue were all featured. the actually showed von flue's fight against cung le (le won after a knee cut von flue above the eye).

but the stars of this episode were definitely the women, Gina Carano and Elaina Maxwell. i put the links there because these women definitely deserve some publicity. they put on as good a fight as it gets. lots of action, lots of stand up, lots of ground work, submission attempts, it had it all. this was really the first time i had seen a female MMA match, and it made a believer out of me. these women are for real.

next episode is going to feature the chuck liddell and tito ortiz, and the build up to their rematch. sounds good.

i saw the most recent episode on friday night. surprised to see so many familiar people. chuck liddell, tito ortiz, dana white, cung le, jason von flue were all featured. the actually showed von flue's fight against cung le (le won after a knee cut von flue above the eye).

but the stars of this episode were definitely the women, Gina Carano and Elaina Maxwell. i put the links there because these women definitely deserve some publicity. they put on as good a fight as it gets. lots of action, lots of stand up, lots of ground work, submission attempts, it had it all. this was really the first time i had seen a female MMA match, and it made a believer out of me. these women are for real.

next episode is going to feature the chuck liddell and tito ortiz, and the build up to their rematch. sounds good.

I watched it last night. I enjoyed it, that dark haired girl was hot!