GoVeg.com Sexiest Vegetarian Contest 2007

robert

http://www.goveg.com/f-sexyveg07.asp

I know we discussed this a lot last year. Many of you don't like the idea of it, but I wanted to post the link.

I plan on entering, I just have to decide which photos to use. Last year they wouldn't let me enter. I was in between the "status" of celebrity and boy next door, apparently. But this year they sent me an invite, so that was nice.

It is open to anyone in the US or Canada. I believe they have a contest like this in Europe too.

For those interested, feel free to enter, the deadline is coming up on January 30th.

It's just a fun contest, I don't think their intentions are to make people feel bad or anything like that. I think it's just another way to bring excitement to the vegan lifestyle and a fun thing for people to get involved in. Its not for everyone, but I know some of you may be interested.

I hope someone from this forum makes the top ten so then we can vote for them and help send them to Hawaii!

I vote for the naked bicycle riding veganpotter!

Wouldn't that be painful

Only if he forgets his bicycle seat

I think it would be painful even with his bicycle seat. I suggest lots of padding or he will be whincing in the pic not smiling

true, but I guess it would depend upon how hairy he is...... could be quite a cushion...

(veganpotter's gonna kill me )

hahaha. I know potter rides for hours, so I think he's used to it. He's always smiling too. That is one thing I love about potter, he's always in a good mood.

Photos need to be submitted by Jan 30th, with a bio and some general info. Then they narrow it down to the top 10 men and women, and THEN voting can begin. Last year I was hoping someone from the forum would make the top 10, but I don't know if anyone from here entered.

I'm entering for sure. I already completed my bio, I just need to choose some photos! I think I'll take new ones soon.

Anyone else considering entering?

I was at a Vegan Fayre in December 2005 and someone from the PETA stand said I should enter their competition.

I was flattered - I didn't scrub up too bad that day, if only I looked so well every day hah - but entering that kind of thing isn't really me, although I'm not opposed to these contests.

I was at a Vegan Fayre in December 2005 and someone from the PETA stand said I should enter their competition.

I was flattered - I didn't scrub up too bad that day, if only I looked so well every day hah - but entering that kind of thing isn't really me, although I'm not opposed to these contests.

Cool, I figured they had them over there too. I thought I read about their Europe contest last year.

You take some good photos man, I've seen them over the years.

I like these kinds of contests for fun. I've entered a variety of things like this, have done modeling and acting auditions, and things like that. I only make it a percentage of the time, other times get rejected, but it's still fun. It just fits my personality, but I understand that it is not for everyone.

Sometimes I do ride without the seat...but its not a daily thing. It gets a little monotonous doing the same thing every day so its nice to switch things up.

As for the contest I'm thinking about it but I'm a bit out of shape considering it starts in two weeks...this means massive dieting again which may be good...then I need to get Jamie to take good pics of me on my bike. I never thought of doing this before since I never thought I was all that great looking but for some reason people keep telling me I should enter so I just may do it...maybe I can get a good pic with my vegan tattoo while I'm on my bike...which would require me to be sleaveless which doesn't sound so appealing at this part of the year.

Cheers Rob.

I take some - a lot - of bad one's too.

Yep, it's something to show the grandkids one day and look back on when we're athritic and grey ( those of us that still have hair! ).

If I'm honest I wouldn't enter because any flattering pic I submit is not I reflection of how I look - I'd feel I was cheating in fact - as I have my fair share of 'rough' days. I look a million times better with a decent nights sleep and a nice tan - very rare that I have the combination of both!

Cheers Rob.

Yep, it's something to show the grandkids one day and look back on when we're athritic and grey ( those of us that still have hair! ).

If I'm honest I wouldn't enter because any flattering pic I submit is not I reflection of how I look - I'd feel I was cheating in fact - as I have my fair share of 'rough' days. I look a million times better with a decent nights sleep and a nice tan - very rare that I have the combination of both!

Where does it say the picture has to be flattering ? Just enter one of you looking how you do everday, another words in chilly UK now that will untanned and covered up in a million layer of clothes lol

Cheers Rob.

Where does it say the picture has to be flattering ? Just enter one of you looking how you do everday, another words in chilly UK now that will untanned and covered up in a million layer of clothes lol

Hehe - that's just it, enter like that and I wouldn't get very far.

Seriously though your right, they should be no set appearance or criteria to enter contests like this, I just hate it that I can't always look my best.

Potter - but I'm not always as ripped as I appear in my avatar - I was never even as ripped as I look in my avatar - the lighting was very favourable in giving me defination.

even if your half as ripped as your avatar...your pretty ripped. A bunch of guys got pretty far that didn't look in great shape at all...they just had nice faces and reguar bodies

I think you're pretty shredded Tarz. You've looked pretty awesome in a bunch of photos I've seen, including this one:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/files/2007/01/05-03-vegan-fitness.jpg

And good looks in photos out at the club, you posted a long time ago. I know what you mean about the lighting too. I'm much smaller in person that people expect. When I'm at the gym, I can blow up quite a bit and be full of muscle and veins and can take photos. But I don't always look like that. The tan helps quite a bit too, something I normally only have in the summer.

Anyway, looking good Tarz.