"The Hemp Revolution" (film)

Kathryn

I discovered one lone copy of a movie called "The Hemp Revolution" at my local Familry Video and rented it. It's copyright 1995, but seems to be just out now on DVD. The images look more like something out of 1970.

It gives a pretty good overview of hemp and why it is beneficial,, but it gets off to a rather bad start, IMO, by associating hemp too much with marijuana (it clears up the differences later, but first impressions, you know...).

Hemp es bueno!

I love hemp too, the only problem is that buying imported hemp from canada is not a cheap thing to do.. it's sad that the only way to buy hemp is importing from another country when you can easily produce it in your own city. i don't understand why they let people import it but not produce it. it's really stupid. i know there are few reasons not too, but there's much more reasons to do it.

Hemp es bueno!

I love hemp too, the only problem is that buying imported hemp from canada is not a cheap thing to do.. it's sad that the only way to buy hemp is importing from another country when you can easily produce it in your own city. i don't understand why they let people import it but not produce it. it's really stupid. i know there are few reasons not too, but there's much more reasons to do it.

i know dude. it sucks. I have some hemp jeans and i had a hemp jean jacket that was awesome. I dont know what happened to it I prolly got drunk and lost it somewhere.

Hemp es bueno!

i know dude. it sucks. I have some hemp jeans and i had a hemp jean jacket that was awesome. I dont know what happened to it I prolly got drunk and lost it somewhere.

maybe some hemp-lover stole it from you... lol

i wish i had hemp-jeans.. if i knew where to buy.

it's becoming a stereotyped thing for vegans, but i don't care, hemp is really good, nice texture, environmental.. if i only knew where to buy more hemp stuff for a good price i would..

the only hemp products that i have are: my v2-boots from adbusters.org, a glove ( i only have for my right hand, cuz i lost the other one.. lol ).., and occasionally i buy hemp protein powder ( it's the only protein powder that i use anyways.. and i don't even use it everyday ), it's really good, but expensive, from nutiva.

i got all my hemp clothes off of Ebay. There's a few online stores too. Expensive tho. http://www.downbound.com They have some pretty awesome stuff...that i like to look at because i'll never be able to afford it.

Nutiva hemp protein powder is ok. I've had the same tub for like 2 years I use it once in a while. Not a big protein shake person.

i don't understand why they let people import it but not produce it. it's really stupid. i know there are few reasons not too, but there's much more reasons to do it.

Hemp can be imported to the US only in non-viable form, so seeds have to be shelled or irradiated (if you get whole, unhulled seeds, they are always irradiated) so they won't grow. Which is why things like prepared hemp products, hemp fiber, etc. can be imported to the US, but we still can't grow hemp. It's all due to this lumping in hemp with cannabis (which this film does to a certain extent as well), so people immediately associate hemp with getting stoned (and Woody Harrelson, who is a hemp advocate and seems like a stoner as well, doesn't do much to change that image!).

I still think that legalized hemp production would do a lot towards helping with many of our economic and environmental problems. And if we could grow hemp for fuel, we could be close to energy independance (and not have a president who feels compelled to invade other countries to control their oil).

i don't understand why they let people import it but not produce it. it's really stupid. i know there are few reasons not too, but there's much more reasons to do it.

Hemp can be imported to the US only in non-viable form, so seeds have to be shelled or irradiated (if you get whole, unhulled seeds, they are always irradiated) so they won't grow. Which is why things like prepared hemp products, hemp fiber, etc. can be imported to the US, but we still can't grow hemp. It's all due to this lumping in hemp with cannabis (which this film does to a certain extent as well), so people immediately associate hemp with getting stoned (and Woody Harrelson, who is a hemp advocate and seems like a stoner as well, doesn't do much to change that image!).

I still think that legalized hemp production would do a lot towards helping with many of our economic and environmental problems. And if we could grow hemp for fuel, we could be close to energy independance (and not have a president who feels compelled to invade other countries to control their oil).

well, it's pretty obvious now that we can PROVE the difference between cannabis the drug and the other one, as ''live'' proof of success we can use Canada and some areas of Europe to show how they ARE making money without the use of drug and how fast it grows without any pesticide or anything, faster than anything else, so i don't think they should have any excuse at all. It's bs, all they want is to make their little money with their things, they don't care a bit. drug you can buy anywhere, legally or illegally, but what does MATTER, it's unnecessarily expensive and hard to find. It makes me f'ing mad... so simple, and they make it illegal.

i got all my hemp clothes off of Ebay. There's a few online stores too. Expensive tho. http://www.downbound.com They have some pretty awesome stuff...that i like to look at because i'll never be able to afford it.

Nutiva hemp protein powder is ok. I've had the same tub for like 2 years I use it once in a while. Not a big protein shake person.

thanks for the advice.. appreciate. =)

It gives a pretty good overview of hemp and why it is beneficial,, but it gets off to a rather bad start, IMO, by associating hemp too much with marijuana (it clears up the differences later, but first impressions, you know...).

Even still... at this point anything that gains any awareness at all is good, even if the approach isn't perfect.

I'm amazed at how many people I talk to haven't any clue whatsoever what hemp is, much less be familiar with the many uses and benefits. I thought this was old news?? Someone asked about my tshirt, I told them it was hemp, they replied with a blank stare. I gave one of my co-workers a vega bar the other day, she was reading the ingredients and said "what's hemp?"

Adding this movie to my "must see" list.

even if we try changing the name those companies or groups ''against'' it will probably let everyone know that they've changed the name..

the only thing we can do is try to inform people and buy hemp stuff. ( we could also go there and request for a change of the law.. :/ )