You ever wonder ..... ( unofficial mindless rambling thread)

JW

My first thought (and I use that word loosely)

Do you ever wonder why in Ice Hockey, teams don't go out and get an enormous sumo wrestler to play goal?

They could wedge him in between the posts and nobody could score!

You can do it on He-Man. Man-At-Arms is a genious and can make teleport machines. Orco can do it sometimes, but he kinda sucks. I think he pulls He-Man down. He may as well hang out at Snake Mountain and be one of Skeletor's goons.

Yeah, I know. I'm cool.

I was just called Roberto CheeseCake on a myspace forum. Normally I stick to the vegan/vegetarian groups but I recently joined some bodybuilding and fitness groups and I posted a number of things.

As expected they were met with mixed reactions, but many positives came from it. Sure I got made fun of a lot, but it doesn't bother me. People call me all kinds of names all the time. Many people hate the fact that I'm a vegan bodybuilder.

Others invited me to write for their website, asked questions about vegan nutrition, and one even joined our forum and said he's going to try the vegan diet.

All of that in just the past few days. So I'll be a little more active on those non-vegan bodybuilding forums just to get a few people to think about something different. And all the names I get called are pretty funny!

Within minutes, I get even more to work with:

-he is from my home town and he is wearing a thong, ing.

-(WHAT KIND OF LEGACY DOES THE AVERAGE BODY BUILDER LEAVE, A CORPSE THAT WILL TAKE LONGER TO ROT????)

-What't the bet, that this guy has never been involved with bodybuilding.

-He's a vegan bodybuilder. How seriously can you take him?

I like it! Keep it coming.

Luckily more people like me than dislike me, or I'd feel pretty bad that so many people think I suck

Within minutes, I get even more to work with:

-he is from my home town and he is wearing a thong, ing.

-(WHAT KIND OF LEGACY DOES THE AVERAGE BODY BUILDER LEAVE, A CORPSE THAT WILL TAKE LONGER TO ROT????)

-What't the bet, that this guy has never been involved with bodybuilding.

-He's a vegan bodybuilder. How seriously can you take him?

I like it! Keep it coming.

Luckily more people like me than dislike me, or I'd feel pretty bad that so many people think I suck

Don't worry chances are they'll die faster than you.....

Luckily, you're not an "average" bodybuilder.

Then again, plenty of bodybuilders are involved in positive projects. You know some pretty cool guys even amongst the pros.

Oh well, I guess some people just enjoy putting others down.

I just wanted to share for fun. I get ripped apart in some threads on myspace. But even on those same forums I get tons of bodybuilders who are supportive of what I'm doing. It's just interested to see all the different opinions.

It's funny how many people are angry at me for not killing animals.

Don't you guys wonder about that too? I think we discussed it a year ago and basically it's because people feel threatened by us, they feel like we think we're better than them or something like that.

But it's just funny how some people dislike me so much for not killing

My first thought (and I use that word loosely)

Do you ever wonder why in Ice Hockey, teams don't go out and get an enormous sumo wrestler to play goal?

They could wedge him in between the posts and nobody could score!

I thought Ken Dryden was a sumo wrestler (maybe just as big as one). MY guess is that the pads can only be so big, and can't cover the sumo's entire body, so they'd be getting frozen pucks zinging off their unprotected parts. And that would sting just a bit.

I get some of that hate mail on myspace to. Keeps life interesting.

Let me guess - you get hate mail from other women?

I just wanted to share for fun. I get ripped apart in some threads on myspace. But even on those same forums I get tons of bodybuilders who are supportive of what I'm doing. It's just interested to see all the different opinions.

It's funny how many people are angry at me for not killing animals.

Don't you guys wonder about that too? I think we discussed it a year ago and basically it's because people feel threatened by us, they feel like we think we're better than them or something like that.

But it's just funny how some people dislike me so much for not killing

I've never really had these problems.. I'm also on a dutch bodybuilding forum and I've never had a single negative comment on my veganism. Most people are just indifferent to it, some are curious but never negative.

Ah ha. I didn't think of the manly meat-eaters. I think Robert gets that a lot too - people dissing him for being vegan and a bodybuilder, yet not acknowledging that you guys have the bods you do BECAUSE you're vegan, not DESPITE being vegan.

I know it's frustrating, but every person that criticizes you is one more person who is now aware that it's possible to have a killer bod without having a "killer" diet -- and that's awesome.

By guessing that it was women who were criticizing you, I didn't mean for what you were wearing. I meant that, because of how good you look, jealousy would rear it's ugly head.

Perhaps I wasn't far off. [/b]

You can do it on He-Man. Man-At-Arms is a genious and can make teleport machines. Orco can do it sometimes, but he kinda sucks. I think he pulls He-Man down. He may as well hang out at Snake Mountain and be one of Skeletor's goons.

Yeah, I know. I'm cool.

If we're going to remember old 80's cartoons, let's remember the better ones, I'm sure Panthro could do it way before Man-at-arms.

I was given a hard time about it once. I didn't repost in the forum, but one person on there is still a friend, thinking that he thought "I had balls to stand up to all of those guys for what I believed in" (In argument yes, but I'll say anything I want on the internet, seeing as how I'll never meet those people in real life if I don't want to).

I've often wondered -- and was reminded last night as I watched "Frontline's, The Hand of God," -- Do child molesters ever even consider what will happen when this child they are destroying grows up?

I know the shame is a factor, but why would they think at some point, when this person becomes of age they won't tell? Statute of limitations? But how can they be sure? Some at least have to consider this, especially priests...

Also, how can I get on an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"?

I've often wondered -- and was reminded last night as I watched "Frontline's, The Hand of God," -- Do child molesters ever even consider what will happen when this child they are destroying grows up?

I know the shame is a factor, but why would they think at some point, when this person becomes of age they won't tell? Statute of limitations? But how can they be sure? Some at least have to consider this, especially priests...

Also, how can I get on an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"?

Unfortunately, I don't think these individuals think about anything other than themselves

On a sports related note:

I often have these daydreams about what would happen if a team of JW's were to play against a team of professionals say the Phoenix Suns.

I usually think about this when there is a complete blowout happening and only a few minutes left..... then I think about whether or not a team of JW's could still win the game.

same in baseball .... could I pitch and hold onto a big lead in one inning?

hmmm sounds like a good reality TV show

On a sports related note:

I often have these daydreams about what would happen if a team of JW's were to play against a team of professionals say the Phoenix Suns.

I usually think about this when there is a complete blowout happening and only a few minutes left..... then I think about whether or not a team of JW's could still win the game.

same in baseball .... could I pitch and hold onto a big lead in one inning?

hmmm sounds like a good reality TV show

There is actually a show where real people go against sports stars. You cover Jerry Rice, try to hit John Rocker, stop a pk by Mia Hamm. I forget what it's called, but I've watched it and it was pretty funny.

Oh, and no, you couldn't hold the lead.