i'm a fatty.

alright chicks, guys, I am needing to lose some weight or I am gonna have to change my name to Fatty leroux. I've been overweight for like 3 1/2 years now. I lost 35 pounds about 2 years ago, and i've kept it off, but havent lost anything since.

I'm thinking of using the weight watcher program? I still have a bunch of their crap from when i did it a few years ago. It was effective in a realistic way. I dont have to time to do what i was doing before, which was two hours of cardio a day and and hour of weight training every other day on 1200 cals. I can't do that and function at school.

Essentially I am starting from scratch as last year a back injury knocked me out from intense exercise. except for yoga. which i havent even been keeping up with. It's part that i'm a lazy bum, part that i'm shitty at time management (i.e. it's 12:40 am, i have class at 9 and still have 9 pages of japanese homework to do and yet i am on the forum), part that i can't afford the healthy foods i want, and part that I'm an emotional eater alot of the time.

Anyways, anyone out there want to be like, my get in shape get healthy buddy? So we can keep tabs on eachother a little? OR anyone been where i am and have any words of wisdom?

Hey, we're always up for helping each other out. We're we e-dating a year and a half ago? As former online partners, I'll help with some suggestions as far as nutrition stuff, I can help check in on a nutrition and training log to see if you are consistent and things like that.

I had to 'start over' because of back injuries too. So I know how it can be to have to start fresh even when prior progress was made.

We'll help you get to where you want to be. Thats what our online family is for.

Now, get back to studying!

Eat To Live is a vegan program by Dr. Fuhrman that is not just for weight loss, but for health. That might fit the bill.

You might also want to check out Ediets. They have a number of programs available (including Weight Watchers, perhaps), and you can choose your dietary preferences. Joining for a month can get you on track, and provide you with recipes and meal plans and motivation to keep you going.

If you don't function on 1200 calories by all means DON'T only eat 1200 calories. You need to adapt your diet to one your will stick with the rest of your life. I'd steer away from weight watchers their food is so high in sodium, preservatives and such, even the fat to calorie ratio is insane.

I would stick to more whole foods, less boxed and bagged items (processed), and start an exercise regimin you can stick with.

Good Luck!

thanks for ther replies guys.

Rob you know you're still my number one internet boyfriend. Its just that like any good long term relationship we never talk.

Hey michelle, awesome that you wanna be my buddy. I know you are way more in shape than me right now, i need to take it slow but i am happy for the support. you rock.

Ed...oh ed. how can you eat so many apples and still be a crapple. haha j/k. Ya i need to get back my apple kick you got ne started on in the summer.

If you don't function on 1200 calories by all means DON'T only eat 1200 calories. You need to adapt your diet to one your will stick with the rest of your life. I'd steer away from weight watchers their food is so high in sodium, preservatives and such, even the fat to calorie ratio is insane.

I would stick to more whole foods, less boxed and bagged items (processed), and start an exercise regimin you can stick with.

Good Luck!

Haha oh ya definately not talking about eating their products, just their calorie reccomendation program thing. For them food has a certain amount of points based on the calorie, fat, fiber ratio. According to your weight you're supposed to eat in a certain points range. For example in their opinion i need b/t 22- 27 points to function. A banana is like 2 points . vegetables are zero points. The problem most people have is they just figure out how to fix junk food into it. Like eat a box of pop tarts and a salad. its the right calories but bad for nutrition. Like anything else you have to find balance. They have a way to fit exercise into it as well. Depending on the amount of exercise you do, you earn points. I don't know its kindof weird.

p.s. i'll get my log started back up...or maybe start a new one.

I do have EAt to Live i need to read it again. The problem is I can't afford to eat 2 pounds of veggies a day. haha. and i totally don't have all the time to spend in the bathroom that i did when i followed it briefly a few years ago.

p.s. i'll get my log started back up...or maybe start a new one.

I do have EAt to Live i need to read it again. The problem is I can't afford to eat 2 pounds of veggies a day. haha. and i totally don't have all the time to spend in the bathroom that i did when i followed it briefly a few years ago.

Fruit smoothies with kale is a good choice, since kale is like 99 cents a pound.

A good rule of thumb: Only eat what you make, in other words make your own food.

No processed food. No fast food. No restaurant food. No food made in the supermarkets. Just whole food made from scratch. It takes time. It takes alot of hard work. And it can limit your intake of food. Raw is the way to go if you don't want to do any work! So the apples is a good idea. Along with kale smoothies (well, there is clean up of dishes with that one). And talk about cheap!

Hey girl! We've been through this back and forth. I totally understand. Over the past few years, I've lost 90lbs. I've done it primarily with Weight Watchers. I wouldn't mind being your buddy! I'm still interested in losing a few more pounds (maybe 10?) but I'm most interested in maintaining my weight - I have to keep with a weight watchers style of thinking to remain conscientious of what I am eating. I, too, am a mood eater. I would say that Dr. Furhman's Eat to Live is probably a set up for disaster - if you're like me, anyway. It doesn't allow you to have slip ups or to indulge on occasion. I love little indulgences and it's important to me that I don't feel like my diet is "off-track" when I do have a sweet tooth or want a piece of pizza.

Feel free to PM me for Weight Watchers info. I lost almost all of my weight on the program. I'm trying to adopt a new "veggie-centric" diet in order to quit fixating on "calories/fat/fiber and points".

I just found this picture of myself at 250 - quite shocking. Figured I share:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/fat.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/mockshock.jpg

Thanks Tiff, it would be awesome to have you as a buddy as well. You look great by the way. 90 pounds is incredible. I agree with you about the EAt to live program. It's really hard to stick to, and doesnt fit in well with normal life if you know what i mean. I like the weight watchers because of the flexibility of it. I got out my stuff the other night and looked through it all. Went grocery shopping last night, need a few more things and get started on monday prolly.

I would personally steer clear of any kind of "program/system to lose

weight"... I feel like all of those (weight watchers included) make

things a hundred times more complicated than they need to be...

If you're on a budget, I would say buy more GREEN.. eats lots more

salads, if you're craving something fatty.. instead turn to avocadoes,

rather than a PB & J.

Also, try and consume as much fruit as possible in a day.

Especially bananas, apples, oranges, kiwis, berries, etc. , they will keep

you satisfied..

Increase your produce/raw consumption and you'll get a lot more

bang for your buck (nutritionally speaking)

rather than a PB & J.

you satisfied..

Thanks, i am definately increasing my produce as much as financially possible. The weight watchers thing just makes me aware of how much im eating really. For me its more of a food log than anything.

rather than a PB & J.

you satisfied..

Isn't that what eat to live is? At least, that's what Dr Fuhrman recommends in the speeches I seen. 100% logical

Thanks, i am definately increasing my produce as much as financially possible. The weight watchers thing just makes me aware of how much im eating really. For me its more of a food log than anything.

alright.. just presenting a word of caution, because I know about 4 people

doing Weight Watchers right now, because it "worked for them before"..

ummm..obviously not, if they are doing it again, right!?

Anyhow...

It is just setting you up for failure if you have to approach food and diet

in this logical/rational/calculated manner... it makes all the changes

temporary until you break and eat something "of limits"..

(aka.comfort foods, emotional eating)

Just be kind to yourself. Love yourself. eat lots of raw foods, your body

knows how to count those calories itself(hence feeling full, and never

gorging on 10+ oranges..etc..), and you'll never gain weight on raw foods.

Just don't be too hard on yourself

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread up!

I'm trying to lose weight too. I went to the gym today for the first time in years and I feel like a train hit me!

My ultimate goal is to lose about 110lbs. Well, actually my ultimate goal is to look hot and be healthy But the weight goal is a start.

Right now I'm a little overwhelmed by going to the gym and figuring out all the best way to burn calories. I know I need cardio, and also some weight training to build muscle to burn fat buttt... I guess I need to do some studying!

HoHumm *sigh* ... if anyone has suggestions let me know.