Tja from icy cold Sweden

LizWorld

Hi

I'm Elisabeth

24 years of age

Happy single (and I promised not to mention anything about that "cave" thing...so I wont)

Love to travel, I've been to close to 20 countries so far and I'd like to have visited them all before I die so I have a LOT of traveling to do lol.

I currently work as a slave... Until April, then I'll probably go abroad again..

I'm here because...Ive been vegan for *counting* dunno, but I think september sometime.

Before that I had no meat or chicken for a year (except for an occasional kanga wanga when I lived in Australia. If you've never heard of a kanga wanga I won't bother explaining what it is - because it is kind of gross really.).

But I'm not sure wether to call myself vegan, or just veganarian - which is my own made up word for eating vegan living vegetarian. I don't let anything that's not 100% vegan pass my lips (and I'm very picky about that - I even refused buying soy cheese because it containecd lactic acid (even tho it had that vegan label on it) untill just last weekend when a friend of mine explained that lactic acid not necessarely comes from animals (or even worse - humans. *Br-rrr*).

Now where was I... Oh yes.. the vegenarian thing.. See, I live vegetarian due to a lot of things - mainly because it's darn hard (= expensive) to throw everything old away and buy everything new. Shoes - jackets, dovets and such.. I did buy a leather belt by mistake some weeks ago - but my new hairy boots (really kool I must say) are all vegan (or at least they're not made out of animals..). My last skincare products were all vegan (except for that chapstick which had beewax in it and yet she swore it was vegan..) and when I can I do get the vegan alternative.

Why vegan? Well, Im ed with what they feed the animals (hormones, antibiotcs and so on) I don't want that stuff inside of me. I did write a blog about it so if you're curious - feel free. www.myspace.com/lizsahlen

(I'm just too lazy to write it all again. Do't want to waste the ink in my computer )

What else *thinking*

Well - I used to live-breathe-eat and sleep fitness. But something happened a year ago that made me lose my motivation and I have no plans in compeating (in fitness) again. Yet.

I train thaiboxing now - which is my new passion (amongst a bunch of other sports) so Im a walking bruise lol. Occasional weight lifting session do occur just because I can't let go, and heaps of long walks in the forest (since I live out in the "spinach") whenever I have the time to.

I eat! A LOT!

I laugh at my own jokes (whenever I get to actually tell them before I start choaking on my own laughter).

I play the guitar and my baby is my precious toy (even mam calls her "Baby")

I'm a ingly optimistic person (except for some occasional bad days)

I'm a born again Christian and proud of that too

I collect Video games.

I seriously believe that Wii is the greatest thing ever happening to human kind.

I subscribe to the Donald Duck comic book.

I have a number of piercings and some tattoos.

I'm addicted to herbal tea, garlic and funny looking undies.

And... I still believe in the Boogeyman.

Anyone else in here from Sweden (or Denmark?)

it's kind of lonely to only know one veganarian - myself. (Does that even count?)

Anything else you think I should tell about myself? Let me know!

Well... that's it for now.

Have a lovely day all..

/Liz (tard)

Welcome Liz!

Liz is my buddy and I'm happy to have her here!

Don't worry girl, we won't talk about the cave thing here. There is a whole other section of the forum for that.

Thanks for posting an intro. It is great to have another hardcore vegan female athlete on here. Not that I'm one, I mean just great for our community to have you here.

I have some Danish heritage and I've been to both Denmark and Sweden, as you know. Perhaps I'll make another trip out there sometime....in fact I plan on it in 07 or 08.

I know you are still deciding what to do as far as traveling goes....consider our gathering in Portland this summer. Check out the Vegan Vacation section.

Have fun and welcome aboard!

I think I was the one who introduced veganism to Liz, but I'm not sure if I was the one. But I know I played some sort of role in her moving to this lifestyle , something I'm pretty happy about.

The cave thing is an inside joke and I don't think she'll let me explain it. I'll leave that up to her.

We "met" on myspace a long time ago, probably a year or two back. We've been in touch since then and she's turn to a full on vegan and is even active promoting the lifestyle among her friends and on myspace.

She'll be pleased to wake up and see all the welcome notes.

Gothenburg - my best friend lives there.

Everybody should have a best friend from Gothenburg. I believe that it would solve most of the worlds problems. We're all pretty awesome.

I'm down in Malmö a few times per year to officiate the Limhamn Griffins am. football team. I've also played at Hästhagen numerous times.

offense,

Considering that yr the only person I know from Gothenburg, will you be my best friend from Gothenberg? Also, will you bring me more of those strange, horribly unhealthy swedish balls of cocoa, coconut, sugar & mostly fat that Fredrik brought me? Those were really good - although they did kind of make me feel like vomiting too...

They were really delectable though. Or Delicatoboll anyway.

offense,

Considering that yr the only person I know from Gothenburg, will you be my best friend from Gothenberg? Also, will you bring me more of those strange, horribly unhealthy swedish balls of cocoa, coconut, sugar & mostly fat that Fredrik brought me? Those were really good - although they did kind of make me feel like vomiting too...

They were really delectable though. Or Delicatoboll anyway.

Yes, I will be your friend

Those balls are usually called *n-word*balls here allthough it's becoming more and more uncommon. 15 years ago everybody called them that.

They're basically hydrogenenised fat and flavouring. When people make them themselves they use butter. I never eat them

Everybody should have a best friend from Gothenburg. I believe that it would solve most of the worlds problems. We're all pretty awesome.

I'm sure you are all very awesome when you are in gothenburg. However, my experience is that when not in gothenburg all you people do is complain that things are not as good outside of gothenburg .

Elizabeth, welcome to the board, välkommen och allt det där. Kul att se fler svenska medlemmar .

Thansk for the warm welcome people..

You almost made me BLUSH - but only almost

Now about them "N-word" balls - just knowing that they to 99% (somewhat rough measures ehm) consist of trans fats should be enuf to make anyone reconsider making the oral version of a big pile of doo doo instead of abusing their intestions with such garbage.

I'm sure anyone of us Swedes (and probably most likely your new best Gothenburg friend) can help loveliberate with "ah good ole fasheen" "bad word"ball recipe, right?

Anyone?

Anyone?

...[echoe..]