Special Running Socks?

Flare

Hi!

After a break of maybe about 2 month I startet running again on saturday.

I bought a running magazine some days ago. There's a report about running socks. Of course everything sounds very positive but can someone speak from his own experience? Are they really advisable?

I don't plan any great distances the next months. So what do you say - advisable (also for beginners) or needles?

Greets Kim

I found running socks helpful as soon as I got to the point of running for more than 20 minutes or so. Cotton socks get wet easily (particularly if your feet tend to sweat), and wet cotton can rub your skin causing blisters. Which isn't a problem on short runs, because you'll be taking off the socks in a few minutes.

Running socks, which are made of Coolmax or another similar synthetic material, keep your feet relatively dry. Unless you're running through puddles or running an extremely long distance, you won't have trouble with blisters.

Running socks can also be pretty cheap if you shop around a bit and don't buy the fanciest versions, so I think it's worth the money to pick up a pair. I've bought running socks for as cheap as 2$/pair, and as much as 20$/pair (generally not worth it).

Cycling socks and running socks are pretty much the same and now I can't stand wearing cotton socks unless I'm lifting weights...actually I don't like wearing cotton for any part of my body anymore when I know I'm gonna be sweating alot. Its well worth it...actually I've even been wearing cycling socks for the hell of it now...I just don't like wearing cotton on my feet anymore...the only time its better is if I'm sitting around the house

Well, I run about 40 and 60 Minutes per route, so maybe runnig socks are really advantageous.

Do you know the difference between running socks and skate socks? I found skate socks on sale in the supermarket here. Are they similar and also qualified for running?

I don't know what skate socks are but maybe try looking at the weave pattern on most running socks and compare that to the skate socks...also make sure there is no more than 10% cotton in them(preferably none)

skate socks? for speed skathing? (most dutch pro's don't wear any socks in there skates)

running socks are without any stiches on the foothpart

I never get blisters when i use themhere you can buy cheap and expensive ones (between €4-15)