Losing Strength/Weight Before Gaining It Back

Ravi

Hey there, I would love to get people's perspectives on how they may have lost or gained weight/strength as the direct result of a major dietary change (going vegan, going raw, going frutarian, etc..).

What was your dietary change?

How much weight did you lose?

How much muscle did you lose?

How much strength did you lose?

How long long did it take to gain back you weight/muscle/strength?

Sometimes, we need to tear down before we build up. I have seen this in my own life (and am seeing it right now). I am curious about other people's experiences.

my dietary change was from fast-food-junk-crap-artificial-anythingtastingood-omnivorism to ovo-lacto-''honey''-vegetarianism. for the 3 first weeks..

after that short period i've decided to go vegan.. and that was when i've really started to have changes..

i wish i could tell you with details, but i'm not the type of person that makes measuring of the body or weight, all i know is was kinda chubby, and then when i became vegan i kinda lost a lot, it was like a balloon losing its air... lol

well,i've gained a lot of weight back again, from both fat and muscles, and i'm still gaining more, slowly.. but you know.. i'm feeling much better than when i wasn't vegan..

it usually becomes easier to be vegan after sometime..

What was your dietary change? I went Vegan

How much weight did you lose? Nothing

How much muscle did you lose? I gained roughly 5 lbs of muscle and lost 5 lbs of fat in a few weeks

How much strength did you lose? None...my bench went up 30lbs in less than two months and my squat went up 50lbs

How long long did it take to gain back you weight/muscle/strength? I never lost strength and I've always been able to lose and gain weight as I pleased

Newer cycling vegan diet...

What was your dietary change? Eat only what you have to

How much weight did you lose? 80lbs

How much muscle did you lose? 50lbs

How much strength did you lose? a whole heck of a lot of it

How long long did it take to gain back you weight/muscle/strength?

Not looking to gain any muscle ever again but I would like to get strong again...I'm just not ready to lift seriously yet since I"m still hoping to lose some muscle.

What was your dietary change? Vegetarian for 6 months, then vegan, done 5.5 years ago (if I remember correctly - it may be slightly more than that)

How much weight did you lose? None. Went from 225 to 235ish vegetarian, then from there to a max of 285 when vegan

How much muscle did you lose? None, only ended up gaining more as time went on

How much strength did you lose? None, only got stronger with every year (barring times of injury and the long road to recovery)

How long long did it take to gain back your weight/muscle/strength? I've exceeded my previous weights (including when I was extremely obese), am anywhere from 25% to 100% stronger in all lifts (depending on the lift). Put on some fat as well (went from being around 12-14% @ 225 to around 20-22% at 280ish), but I haven't done anything to try and lose it, just working to keep getting stronger.