BJJ open guard triangle choke *** awesome technique***

Personally I like Omoplata, heel hook, knee bars, "Americana", any ankle locks. Dude, you are starting to get me interested in taking up BJJ after I finish school. There are some nasty arse moves in BJJ dawg.

you most def should check out the rubber guard videos. Im still just getting the hang of it, seeing as my flexibility is only so so. But rubber gaurd changes the whole game.

xdarthveganx, what a coincedence. I ran into one of my old MT/BJJ training partners on my way home from work today, the guy who f***ed up my knee in MT class. I haven't seen him in a year. He was training to compete in MMA, unfortunately training was taking up 40 hours a week and he wants to start college.

the 2nd technique with the armbar looks rough, hah... Nice video

As usual, I am not sure when this specific turn of events is meant to happen. I am assuming this is meant to take place in a martial arts fight, rather than in a self-defense situation. But why is the mounted dude instructed to hold onto the instructor's clothing in that way? When would this happen, wouldn't the mounted guy be more likely to be going for strikes or a choke at this point? This would make sense as defense against rape, as that is a position that you would be in. He says something at the start about what the dude is meant to be doing in that position, but I don't quite catch it, and I'm not sure about the clothing-grabbing.

the 2nd technique with the armbar looks rough, hah... Nice video

As usual, I am not sure when this specific turn of events is meant to happen. I am assuming this is meant to take place in a martial arts fight, rather than in a self-defense situation. But why is the mounted dude instructed to hold onto the instructor's clothing in that way? When would this happen, wouldn't the mounted guy be more likely to be going for strikes or a choke at this point? This would make sense as defense against rape, as that is a position that you would be in. He says something at the start about what the dude is meant to be doing in that position, but I don't quite catch it, and I'm not sure about the clothing-grabbing.

to answer your question.

You really cant be dangerous to the person on bottom until you pass their guard. The only way to effectively open the guard is by grabbing the shorts and keeping your elbows in or by placing your hands on the stomach still keeping your elbows in. The person on bottom has a number of options available to him which make him quite dangerous if the opponent does not pass the guard.

Ah yeah, I see, thanks. Why is it necessary to grab the clothing?

well its entirely. As I said, you can also place your hands on your opponents stomach as well. The key part is having your forearm and elbow locked inside the opponents leg. When the guy on bottom has is legs around you like that its a position called the guard. To be most effective on top, you really need to pass the guard and get to mount or side mount. Keeping the arms inside are a key part of opening the legs to able to pass.