50 calorie Carrot Cake Cupcakes

bunnylalu

Start by mixing 1 TBS ground flax seed with 3/4 cup water and let it thicken for a few minutes

Mix together:

2 cup flour

Splenda = 1 cup sugar

2 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 tsp cinamon

1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

1/2 tsp salt

in a different bowl mix together:

1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)

2 TBS canola oil

ground flax seed mixture from above

Mix wet & dry ingredients together.

Add 3 cups grated carrots

makes 24 small cupcakes = 50 cal

or makes 12 large cupcakes = 100 cal

Splenda!!!!! Splenda?????

Splenda kills puppies!!!!!!!!!!!!

read this: http://www.vegansworldnetwork.org/vw-news2006-0121b.html

"An estimated 12,800 animals died in the process" of bringing Splenda to market!!!!!!!

instead of splenda, use stevia or chicory root powder or xylitol or erythritol. or many other low or no calorie sweeteners that are all natural and didn't kill a ton of baby animals!

Instead of Splenda, i recommend using Stevia or Raw Agave Nectar, they're great sweeteners. :

Thanks for the suggestions. I really don't know much about sugar substitutes cause I never really needed them. But my spouse was diagnosed with diabetes not so long ago, and I just wanted to make him some kind of treat.

I'll explore how to bake with Stevia....

Wow, I didn't know about the animals being killed! I can't eat Splenda or other artificial sweeteners anyway, I break out in massive hives within an hour after! It actually took a couple of years to figure out what was causing the hives. I can only imagine what else the crap does to you.

Thanks for sharing bunnylalu. Sorry, hope we haven't ruined your thread.

these cupcakes sound good though. i will try them.

and i'd say to you then that all those sweeteners i listed are safe and recommended by the diabetic association. also, Agave Necter is low on the glycemic and safe for most diabetics too! plus, it tastes more like sugar than the other sweeteners. and xylitol works better for baking than stevia, but stevia is okay too. i like it better for drink mixes and cereals.

these cupcakes sound good though. i will try them.

and i'd say to you then that all those sweeteners i listed are safe and recommended by the diabetic association. also, Agave Necter is low on the glycemic and safe for most diabetics too! plus, it tastes more like sugar than the other sweeteners. and xylitol works better for baking than stevia, but stevia is okay too. i like it better for drink mixes and cereals.

Thanks! Very helpful!