Any reccomendations on bike shorts?

Performance Bike(there may be one in Portland...if not order online) has shorts made for longer distance riding called century shorts. They look the same as any other but they have a better pad and they are cheap compared to other brands with the same pad. Thats your best bet for price. Good bike shorts from other brands will cost you $80 or more.

OrganicAthlete has shorts and bibs with "Go Vegan!" on the back of them. They cosy around $85 for non members, the price is greatly reduced for members. Also we are starting a local chapter in Portland, you can get info on both at www.organicathlete.org . I also like the Performance Ultra bibs, the padding is much better then the century shorts. If you are planning on long rides I do reccomend bibs over shorts.

OrganicAthlete has shorts and bibs with "Go Vegan!" on the back of them. They cosy around $85 for non members, the price is greatly reduced for members. Also we are starting a local chapter in Portland, you can get info on both at www.organicathlete.org . I also like the Performance Ultra bibs, the padding is much better then the century shorts. If you are planning on long rides I do reccomend bibs over shorts.

thanx I will check that out. O do plan on doing longer rides. Right now my longest is about 12 miles. But as a I get more used to it I will do more. I would like to be up to about 30 by summer.

I like them but I don't think they are all that great for long rides(3hrs + for me). I wish they had a better chamois in them for long rides...I guess they'll offer them soon since they are gonna have an elite team soon.

• 1 month later...

the best chamois shorts I've owned are made my specialized. they are expensive, but if you ride a lot...you want to be comfortable.

look for specialized bg (body geometry) comp shorts. If you are lucky you'll find them for around $75

The better version is the bg pro....really nice, but $120+