Helping Ed for the contest:

Odidnetne

I want to enter, but don't have as many pictures/selection as Rob has yet, but I wanted to ask your opinion on something.

I haven't shaved now since mid-late November, and I'm wondering whether or not I should for this contest (actually I'm wondering if I should really keep it anyway).

Here's me approx. 9 minutes ago.

As compared to me last April, with very short hair (which could be spiked and actually looks pretty good like that)

Like Rob, I want to get into a look that will appeal to the target audience (and I'm getting tired of my "It's winter so I'm going to grow all the hair I possibly can" train of thought). It would be great if the target audience was a bunch of video game players (like the abundance we seem to have on this site. ), because then I could just give the people what they want.

What do you guys think though?

No offense,

But definately shave it off. Looks much better without it.

Yeah, I was thinking that. It looked pretty good around New Year's actually (if you find the pictures of me with Michael Hobson), a trim possibly, but I don't know, I've heard mixed things about it.

I like the hair and the beard, but then again I'm a pseudo-hippie. I think the shorter hair and clean shave has a broader appeal and is more likely to get votes in Peta-world.

You know, it just dawned on me that you should ask Tiffany about her opinion since...after all, she is a female.

I like the hair and the beard, but then again I'm a pseudo-hippie. I think the shorter hair and clean shave has a broader appeal and is more likely to get votes in Peta-world.

You know, it just dawned on me that you should ask Tiffany about her opinion since...after all, she is a female.

Hey, she was just reading it at the same time as me. It's not my fault if she's too lazy to reply!

Hey, she was just reading it at the same time as me. It's not my fault if she's too lazy to reply!

Then ask her to turn her head at a 100 degree angle and let you take it down.

The member of your target audience who lives in my house is too busy studying/sleeping to come look at photos, so you're stuck with my opinion.

My vote is for either a shave or a nice neat trim. The moustache/goatee thing looks good on you, but a bit less of it would look better.

The member of your target audience who lives in my house is too busy studying/sleeping to come look at photos, so you're stuck with my opinion.

My vote is for either a shave or a nice neat trim. The moustache/goatee thing looks good on you, but a bit less of it would look better.

And finally, 9 posts in I get a female replying!

I'm thinking about getting a haircut before it, and I'll get a trim, and if it doesn't look at good still, I'm probably going to axe it.

It's hard for me to say which is better and since I'm not post happy like some of ya'll, I say nothing when I don't know what to say. I though you looked nice with facial hair but I think the shaven look is also nice. It makes your face look somewhat "chiseled" which is quite sexy. The lighting is different in the second shot, though, so it's hard for me to say one way or another.

This is how it looked around New Year's, I'm thinking about trimming it down to that.

Mike, aside from being able to lick my lips and taste protein shakes from hours ago, I like the beard too, and after this I might grow it really long, just to be a hippie too.

It's hard for me to say which is better and since I'm not post happy like some of ya'll, I say nothing when I don't know what to say. I though you looked nice with facial hair but I think the shaven look is also nice. It makes your face look somewhat "chiseled" which is quite sexy. The lighting is different in the second shot, though, so it's hard for me to say one way or another.

Yeah, lighting is an annoyance, especially in my basement (where both of those are taken)

Hey Ed! Great to see you are going to participate as well. I was out all afternoon and evening so I couldn't respond sooner.

I think a clean shaven look works best for you. Also, smiling will be helpful. It is something I often forget to do too. I think my nature is to look sweet or tough, and it's hard to decide at times which is better. I think looking "sweet" is what is going to work for this contest.

I don't know what the target audience is. I just guessed it would be 16-24 year old female vegans/vegetarians...unless you have to be 18 to vote, just like you have to be 18 to enter. In that case 18-25 or so could be our audience.

A lot of it has to do with the bio too. That is how I based my photos last year, not necessarily who looked the best, but who I thought was the nicest or into some cool stuff. So we'll have to bank on the fact that many will vote based on bio as well.

But since these questions are about photos, just as my questions were, I'd say we can use a lot of the same advice:

-Use a great background, something in nature, or with animals or with green colors, but not too distracting.

-Smile and look approachable/sweet and nice.

-Use good lighting, clear shots, maybe showing a strength such as a certain pose that is one of your best, or something like that.

-Have fun with it. Be creative.

All the best man. Let's go rock this thing!

Hey Ed! Great to see you are going to participate as well. I was out all afternoon and evening so I couldn't respond sooner.

I think a clean shaven look works best for you. Also, smiling will be helpful. It is something I often forget to do too. I think my nature is to look sweet or tough, and it's hard to decide at times which is better. I think looking "sweet" is what is going to work for this contest.

I don't know what the target audience is. I just guessed it would be 16-24 year old female vegans/vegetarians...unless you have to be 18 to vote, just like you have to be 18 to enter. In that case 18-25 or so could be our audience.

A lot of it has to do with the bio too. That is how I based my photos last year, not necessarily who looked the best, but who I thought was the nicest or into some cool stuff. So we'll have to bank on the fact that many will vote based on bio as well.

But since these questions are about photos, just as my questions were, I'd say we can use a lot of the same advice:

-Use a great background, something in nature, or with animals or with green colors, but not too distracting.

-Smile and look approachable/sweet and nice.

-Use good lighting, clear shots, maybe showing a strength such as a certain pose that is one of your best, or something like that.

-Have fun with it. Be creative.

All the best man. Let's go rock this thing!

I intend on being creative. There's a couple good photos I can take, I have a huge rock in my backyard and I'm thinking about taking a photo of me sitting on there, without a shirt if it's not that cold.

Cool man. Shaved look is a good look. Just make sure the images are pretty clear and do some cool background shots, a variety of looks, etc.

I don't know if I'll have time to take new ones, in fact I don't think I will so I'm using previously taken photos. I take photos all the time, so I had quite a few to choose from.

Best of luck man. I think potter is in too! cool.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/michaelhobson/DSC00024.jpg

Does anybody think I should have this sweatshirt on in one of my pictures? VeganMadre, MichaelHobson and Potter all saw it in real life, and I get compliments about it everywhere I go. It's kind of hippie, but can be appreciated by anyone who's not colorblind.