This might seriously be one of the best fights ive ever seen

i had seen this fight before. thanks for finding it again. Minotauro is definitely one of the top 3 fighters in the world. this is another great example why. he is a submission magician. this is just such a beautiful display of his patience, power, determination, skill, and discipline.

thunder gets your attention, but lightning get the job done.

• 1 month later...
is he brazilian? by his name and look.. he's probably from brazil

antonio rodrigo nogueira..

yes, he is brazilian. trains with Brazilian Top Team. he has a twin brother to antonio rogerio nogueira, who fights in the light heavyweight division.

That "match" does show that a skilled MMA fighter/grappler can defeat a much larger stronger man in competition. However, a former Oakland Raider lineman knockout 3 cops who tried to arrest him and was charged with 3 counts of attempted murder....Then there was the high school lineman who punched a 40ish man in the head twice in NJ and killed the guy.

not sure why you are posting about that here, it has nothing to do with MMA. i'm confused.

That "match" does show that a skilled MMA fighter/grappler can defeat a much larger stronger man in competition. However, a former Oakland Raider lineman knockout 3 cops who tried to arrest him and was charged with 3 counts of attempted murder....Then there was the high school lineman who punched a 40ish man in the head twice in NJ and killed the guy.

not sure why you are posting about that here, it has nothing to do with MMA. i'm confused.

My post has everything to do with MMA. MMA (i.e. sport martial art) v. Street Combat, Technique v. Size/Strength superiority arguement. I pointed out there is a difference. Many people believe that effective sport MA transfers into effective street combat especially in MMA circles. The examples I gave show that is not always the case. If you need me to elaborate further please let me know.

My post has everything to do with MMA. MMA (i.e. sport martial art) v. Street Combat, Technique v. Size/Strength superiority arguement. I pointed out there is a difference. Many people believe that effective sport MA transfers into effective street combat especially in MMA circles. The examples I gave show that is not always the case. If you need me to elaborate further please let me know.

sorry, i'm still not seeing the connection. these examples don't show us anything. all these examples show is that huge football players can beat up the average person. that's no surprise. i don't know the backstory, but i doubt that those cops and that 40 yr old man were martial arts experts. have those linemen show up in a cage against someone who actually knows what they are doing, i think the results may be different.

besides that, we are not talking about street fighting. we are talking about MMA. not the same thing.

sorry, i'm still not seeing the connection. these examples don't show us anything. all these examples show is that huge football players can beat up the average person. that's no surprise. i don't know the backstory, but i doubt that those cops and that 40 yr old man were martial arts experts. have those linemen show up in a cage against someone who actually knows what they are doing, i think the results may be different.

besides that, we are not talking about street fighting. we are talking about MMA. not the same thing.

You made my point. In a cage not a street fight. The average martial artists training at an MMA school will never be as skilled as a world class MMA fighter.