More Sexy Cupcakes...

veganmadre

You're a lucky man michaelhobson, you're a lucky man!

Great looking goodies madre!

I'll fast now so I can eat them all this summer. I may only weigh 70 lbs at the beginning of vegan vacation but if enough baking goes on, I'll be right back to where I am now.

Bring on the baking to the West Coast!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These cupcakes = vegan activism in action!

They were all devoured by my co-workers today, as they unanimously announced them as the best cupcakes ever made. The looks on their faces were priceless and their sincere interest and questions after were inspiring.

Hurray for vegan cupcakes! Isa Chandra Moskowicz is leading a vegan army to take over the world with cupcakes.

Well something funny tells me my raw summer diet is going to end at VV.

I went off my raw diet for last yearv VV and Veganmadre wasn't even there...who knows whats gonna happen this time around

potter started the week with Raw Pizza from Blossoming Lotus and then it turned into something special.....pizza, soups, sandwiches, you name it! It was a beautiful thing, especially with the watermelons.

Madre, I'm close to booking our Retreat Destination which has:

"Fully Equipped Gourmet Kitchen

Granite Counter Tops Throughout"

So you can treat us all well!

More more more...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/artsycuppers2.jpg

Lizworld - I make everything from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I improvise slightly but not enough that I could claim the recipe. The book is invaluable - buy it. Or find someone to steal it from. Or...yeah, those are probably your best options. www.theppk.com does have a few vegan cupcake recipes posted...

OK, now those are just HOT! Let's make a cupcake team for the VV. Wow, amazing design! I have a new one that I am developing for tomorrow, but it will not top these! Bow to the queen!

OK, now those are just HOT! Let's make a cupcake team for the VV. Wow, amazing design! I have a new one that I am developing for tomorrow, but it will not top these! Bow to the queen!

Cupcake team it is! Waiting to hear about the cupcakes you recently developed...When Michael and I were away this weekend, we stopped by a neat organic, bulk store. They were aboard the cupcake train - I picked up these goodies:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/forcupcakes2.jpg

The colored sugars were $1.00 a box! We spent $5 for a tiny jar of the orange sugar at whole foods when I was making my margarita cupcakes!!

I'm excited to try my hand at some mini-cupcakes soon! I purchased some toffee, coffee, coconut, and amaretto flavorings, as well! Also a dollar a dram!

Cupcake team it is! Waiting to hear about the cupcakes you recently developed...When Michael and I were away this weekend, we stopped by a neat organic, bulk store. They were aboard the cupcake train - I picked up these goodies:

The colored sugars were $1.00 a box! We spent $5 for a tiny jar of the orange sugar at whole foods when I was making my margarita cupcakes!!

I'm excited to try my hand at some mini-cupcakes soon! I purchased some toffee, coffee, coconut, and amaretto flavorings, as well! Also a dollar a dram!

Good, looking forward to it! It's going to be fun to see everyone hopped up on sugar buzz's! I was just at Whole Foods last night and had to turn down the $5 jar of red sugar. Lucky you though, $1 a box is a great deal. I have some Praline falovoring I just picked up that made a great buttercream frosting. My new cupcakes did not turn out. I am going to have to go with the Light Coconut Milt and not the regular. They were to heavy and they did not rise, yummy mess-ups though.

Hmm, were your maragarita cupcakes spiked????!?

Good, looking forward to it! It's going to be fun to see everyone hopped up on sugar buzz's! I was just at Whole Foods last night and had to turn down the $5 jar of red sugar. Lucky you though, $1 a box is a great deal. I have some Praline falovoring I just picked up that made a great buttercream frosting. My new cupcakes did not turn out. I am going to have to go with the Light Coconut Milt and not the regular. They were to heavy and they did not rise, yummy mess-ups though.

Hmm, were your maragarita cupcakes spiked????!?

They were totally spiked! 1800 Tequila in the batter and in the icing! Fresh lime juice, too! I got raves from some but others I think were leary. I love fruity cupcakes far more than I love rich and chocolately ones. My margarita cupcakes were simply from the VCTOTW cookbook. The jelly donut cupcakes were my own creation. I'm hoping to start toying with some "original" recipes soon! Still, the margarita cupcakes were my favorites by far! A friend even posted in her blog that she hopes that her margarita cupcakes turn out 1/2 as good as mine! She's following the same recipe so I'm sure they'll be great. It does offer testament, however that they are some phenomenal spiked cupcakes.

Aye, the margarita cupcake were first class if you like your cupcakes sour and with a buzz. I'm more of a peanutbutter cream man myself.

And yes, the dollar a box organic colored sugar was a great find! Hurray for Amish country! It was extremely painful for me to buy even that one small jar of colored sugar from Whole Lotta Money Foods for that last batch of Margarita Cupcakes.

So, I made toasted cocount and tiramisu for Michael to take to work (don't want to leave cupcakes lingering around the house for me to eat!!!) but, I made my coworkers jealous. To appease them, I made crimson velveteen cupcakes topped with fluffy buttercream, chocolate ganache and dark chocolate shavings.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/velveteen.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/velveteen2.jpg

Ready for a ride on the city bus!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/velveteen3.jpg