Indian Food - veganmadre style

veganmadre

I'll probably start posting some recipes on my blog. The chutney one is already there: veganmadre's Blog

The chutney: A basic cooked tomato chutney

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/chutney5-1.jpg

The meal: Vegetable Biryani, Gota, Tomato and Mango Chutneys

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/vegetablebiryani.jpg

Edited by veganmadre

Hey Madre & Michael - want to stay at my house and cook us lots of yummy food when ya'll visit Portland?

Haha, shout it out mate. Cooking people yummy vegan food is what we love best!

good cause theres gonna be a lot of people.

I'm so hungry. I'm gonna eat some almonds and pretend it's yummy gourmet veganmadre food.

I'm gonna do the same with a banana... while I ponder driving time to madre/hobson abode.

That's quite the visual Michelle! It's nice to know people are thinking of my food while eating phallus shaped fruit.

So i ran on 2 bananas and a vega bar for about 8 hours today until i had a sandwhich and an amy's frozen pizza. God today was horrible calorie wise. I think i almost passed out at one point. Damn muscles and their calorie needs.

And veganmadre, i'm serious, property in Decatur is dirt cheap!!! Come open up a hip little eatery on campus so i don't have to complain to the cafeteria to get vegan stuff back.

So i ran on 2 bananas and a vega bar for about 8 hours today until i had a sandwhich and an amy's frozen pizza. God today was horrible calorie wise. I think i almost passed out at one point. Damn muscles and their calorie needs.

And veganmadre, i'm serious, property in Decatur is dirt cheap!!! Come open up a hip little eatery on campus so i don't have to complain to the cafeteria to get vegan stuff back.

I appreciate the love-fest and would love to have a place where vegans from the board could regularly frequent, but, Pittsburgh is, as I've mentioned before, my homebase. I'm madly in love with two little girls who spend a significant amount of time with their mom in Washington, PA. Unless I could convince her to move to Portland, Michael and I will never wander far from them. But, you might be surprised by Pittsburgh's vegan undercurrent (check out our new pictures in the other gatherings section). Our hub is home to any vegan wanderers who happen to wander our way. Free food is a given.

Maybe Pittsburgh will be the home of Vegan Vacation 2008? You are both doing so well with the group you are organizing out there and you would be great organizers for our annual forum-member gathering.

I understand the homebase thing. We'll just have to travel lots to see each other.

There are more and more mini-forum gatherings happening all the time so I'm sure you'll host quite a few of us in the coming months and years.

Maybe Pittsburgh will be the home of Vegan Vacation 2008? You are both doing so well with the group you are organizing out there and you would be great organizers for our annual forum-member gathering.

I understand the homebase thing. We'll just have to travel lots to see each other.

There are more and more mini-forum gatherings happening all the time so I'm sure you'll host quite a few of us in the coming months and years.

Yeah, we can't move to vegan heaven just yet. So, we'll just have to settle for making this a vegan purgatory of sorts.

Yeah, we can't move to vegan heaven just yet. So, we'll just have to settle for making this a vegan purgatory of sorts.

Pittsburgh was very enjoyable, you should come to Matamoras for 3 weeks, then go back to Pittsburgh and say "Wow, this is swell."

Pittsburgh was very enjoyable, you should come to Matamoras for 3 weeks, then go back to Pittsburgh and say "Wow, this is swell."

Poor Ed, you live in vegan hell man. Or is it even "vegan hell", maybe it's just regular hell? Even though this isn't our first choice of places in the world to live, it isn't bad. I'm still amazed to hear people here, especially vegans, say that Pittsburgh is not vegan friendly. What??? They need to get out more!

• 2 weeks later...