Dates, v2.0

Michelle

What dates work best for you?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here it is, dates for vegan vacation revisited, complete with poll.

Most vacation rentals rent from Sunday to Saturday, as far as I'm aware, so that's what I based these dates on. I may be wrong, as I often am, but this will at least give Robert a good guideline to work with when booking the location.

Should be safe to assume that some will be hanging out in Portland for several days both before AND after the official vacation dates, but pick what works best for you.

I'm going to have to edit this because the first date won't be an option. A bunch of us will still be at the Animal Rights Conference (July 19-23rd). As the main organizer, I'll have to be here to kick things off.

So I'd say the EARLIEST we could do it, is July 28th.

Sorry, I had to bust out the technicalities

No problem at all my dear. Thanks for all your work helping to set this up! The AR2007 is a pretty big event and some of the organizers of the Vegan Vacation, including myself will be there. So to lower my own stress, I want to have a few days in between events. Last year, I had 0 days in between. I flew from Portland to D.C. the day the Vegan Vacation ended to the day the AR2006 started

This year we'll be in L.A. California the 19-23rd and I think my traveling partner and I may go a couple of days early and stay a day or two late before coming back to set up for the Vegan Vacation.

We'll get a date sorted out soon and I think loveliberate and I (and others welcome too) will check out lodges in Hood River in about a week.

I live in a condo in downtown Portland and will be working every Thursday/Friday for all the dates mentioned. To save room, my husband and I probably won't come to Hood River unless it's for a day (or two, in which case we'll find someplace to sleep). I'd be happy to bring supplies from Portland when we travel to Hood River.

For anyone staying in Portland before or after the Hood River trip, I am available (with car) to sight see, visit the beach, visit wherever, go out to breakfast/lunch/dinner, host a small dinner or get-together. I also have a Green Star juicer and a Farmer's market that meets twice per week nearby (for the raw foodists - I'd also be willling to juice and deliver in town). I cannot offer my place for lodging at this time because I don't know when family is visiting this summer. In any event, we could only host 2 adults who are not allergic to cats and not afraid of birds (we have a large, loud blue and gold macaw who dislikes children). I'll know more as we get closer to summer.

I live in a condo in downtown Portland and will be working every Thursday/Friday for all the dates mentioned. To save room, my husband and I probably won't come to Hood River unless it's for a day (or two, in which case we'll find someplace to sleep). I'd be happy to bring supplies from Portland when we travel to Hood River.

For anyone staying in Portland before or after the Hood River trip, I am available (with car) to sight see, visit the beach, visit wherever, go out to breakfast/lunch/dinner, host a small dinner or get-together. I also have a Green Star juicer and a Farmer's market that meets twice per week nearby (for the raw foodists - I'd also be willling to juice and deliver in town). I cannot offer my place for lodging at this time because I don't know when family is visiting this summer. In any event, we could only host 2 adults who are not allergic to cats and not afraid of birds (we have a large, loud blue and gold macaw who dislikes children). I'll know more as we get closer to summer.

I can offer the same as well.

P.S. I still have an extra room to stay in, I live in the middle of SE Portland which is probably the most vegan friendly part of time.

I have a dog and a cat.

Yeah, there are lots of places to stay, including here with davidtarrfoster and I. We seem to have more days with visitors than without lately We've had 3 people stay with us for a combined nearly 45 days over the past 55 days

We welcome anyone from this forum, anytime.

I think we'll start a new poll on dates soon, to get some exact things finalized.

I liked the July 28-August 6th idea with a week in Hood River and 3 days in Portland (plus longer for anyone who wants to stay longer...there are plenty of us here in Portland to host).

My family & I can also host some forum folks at our place + show folks around Portland & the region. Preference is given to those who bring us awesome food, families w/ young kids, folks traveling here from over an ocean & hippies - in that order.

I will be a hippy by the time VV comes, I'm growing my hair out again!

Am I worthy?