Shall we assign some tasks?

robert

Hey everyone, shall we assign some tasks?

As many of you know, I have a hard time sharing responsibility. Aside from having loveliberate and Richard help with with major projects in the past, I mostly do things on my own. As you can probably tell, I'm already starting to lighten up and let others take over some of the planning for this event. We also have moderators now and I'm learning how to trust others, which is new for me.

It is so much less stressful this way. I wish would have learned how to delegate things years ago!

So, here are some areas I could use some help in:

1. Researching a logde, cabin, or physical building for us to stay at in Hood River. These places will be filling up fast, and not many of them have room for 30+ people.

2. Creating a list of activities to do, both in Hood River and in Portland.

3. List traveling sites that will be helpful for those flying in from far away places (any sites that have cheap air fare, etc.).

4. Solidifying dates, based on everyone's interest. This could include PMing every person on the list who is interested in attending.

5. Researching sites about Hood River and Portland to share with the forum community to get people excited about this special and unique part of the world.

6. Encouraging others to come. Even though we have 30+ signed up, things always happen and some can't make when it comes to the event. Plus, the more the merrier!

I'm sure there are other tasks too. If you have any suggestions or if you want to take on a task, please speak up....or type up!

Thanks!

Hey everyone, shall we assign some tasks?

As many of you know, I have a hard time sharing responsibility. Aside from having loveliberate and Richard help with with major projects in the past, I mostly do things on my own. As you can probably tell, I'm already starting to lighten up and let others take over some of the planning for this event. We also have moderators now and I'm learning how to trust others, which is new for me.

It is so much less stressful this way. I wish would have learned how to delegate things years ago!

So, here are some areas I could use some help in:

1. Researching a logde, cabin, or physical building for us to stay at in Hood River. These places will be filling up fast, and not many of them have room for 30+ people.

2. Creating a list of activities to do, both in Hood River and in Portland.

3. List traveling sites that will be helpful for those flying in from far away places (any sites that have cheap air fare, etc.).

4. Solidifying dates, based on everyone's interest. This could include PMing every person on the list who is interested in attending.

5. Researching sites about Hood River and Portland to share with the forum community to get people excited about this special and unique part of the world.

6. Encouraging others to come. Even though we have 30+ signed up, things always happen and some can't make when it comes to the event. Plus, the more the merrier!

I'm sure there are other tasks too. If you have any suggestions or if you want to take on a task, please speak up....or type up!

Thanks!

I can help in any you would like robert. Just assign me something and off I go!

Awesome man! Thanks. I appreciate the support and help. Last year was fun (but stressful) but this year will be something totally different. This should rock.

Ultimately I hope there isn't too much work involved because I want it really chilled out and laid back where we just have a lot of fun out in nature for a week.

But, there are some things that need to be done....reserving a lodge, collecting money from people once we get it reserved so we can pay for it, organize a few events, research what the town has to offer, decide who has to or "gets to" drive into Portland to shop at Food Fight! and other stores for more vegan treats than we'll know what to do with, etc.

Why don't you help us search for a place to stay (if you have time). That is really priority number one. I have another thread about it with some leads and some links.

Google works well too. Basically we need a place for about 25-30 people because I think we'll get at least that many to come out.

Then we can go check it out in person, or at least I will, to make sure the places we are looking at are all vegan friendly.

If you have time, feel free to research some activities to do and encourage others to come.

Top priorities are deciding dates and reserving a lodge or cabin based on those dates (we'll just assume we'll have 30 people and if more, we can make room and some of us will share sleeping quarters I'm sure....and people like potter just won't sleep so that is one extra space).

Thanks!

I dont want to commit myself to bottomlining anything real specific right now but I'm already working on 2, 3, 5 & 6 from your list Robert. Generally, I enjoy doing research & helping folks out with info so if anyone has any specific questions just let me know & I'll see what I can find out!

Edited by loveliberate

Awesome man! Thanks. I appreciate the support and help. Last year was fun (but stressful) but this year will be something totally different. This should rock.

Ultimately I hope there isn't too much work involved because I want it really chilled out and laid back where we just have a lot of fun out in nature for a week.

But, there are some things that need to be done....reserving a lodge, collecting money from people once we get it reserved so we can pay for it, organize a few events, research what the town has to offer, decide who has to or "gets to" drive into Portland to shop at Food Fight! and other stores for more vegan treats than we'll know what to do with, etc.

Why don't you help us search for a place to stay (if you have time). That is really priority number one. I have another thread about it with some leads and some links.

Google works well too. Basically we need a place for about 25-30 people because I think we'll get at least that many to come out.

Then we can go check it out in person, or at least I will, to make sure the places we are looking at are all vegan friendly.

If you have time, feel free to research some activities to do and encourage others to come.

Top priorities are deciding dates and reserving a lodge or cabin based on those dates (we'll just assume we'll have 30 people and if more, we can make room and some of us will share sleeping quarters I'm sure....and people like potter just won't sleep so that is one extra space).

Thanks!

alright. no problem man! tomorrow I will start im off to bed. night everyone

I can put a list of travel sites together within the next couple of days and post as a thread in the VV07 forum... and continue to work on the dates thing.

Ok, something to add to the list:

7. Someone ought to be in charge of the logistics of feeding 30 or so people for a week.

Do we cook in teams, and plan ahead of time who is on kitchen duty and what we're serving on what days? Do we plan just a few collective meals during the week and fend for ourselves the rest of the week? Or will it be strictly BYOM (bring your own munchies) all week and take turns using the kitchen if necessary? Are there any restaurants nearby?

No matter what, I think it'll require a bit of planning, and I personally wouldn't know where to begin. (I'd be willing to cook some, though..)

Good call!

I think I'll supply some food for day 1 and then Day 2 we could send a car or two full of people to buy treats. Of course there will e a health food store in Hood River, but Portland has soooo much to offer for Vegan Food and it's only an hour away so we could stock up for the whole week!

I think we can all chip in so everyone feels like they can eat ANYTHING at the house.

I know Potter will offer to cook And others are good cooks too, my man davidtarrfoster included.

Thanks for bringing it up. Something for people to think about for overall expenses.

Oh yeah! I mentioned somewhere a while back, we WILL get sponsored by a number of companies and businesses!

So there will hopefully be FREE Vegan Ice Cream (unlimitted), FREE Vega, and a number of other products and items for us to enjoy.

Sponsors is part of the plan for sure.

I'm connected with all the local companies since I organized the Vegan Holiday Festival. So it should just be a phone call or e-mail away and we can set something up!

Hopefully FREE lots of stuff. I have some major connections. I just need to find a way for it to benefit the company.....like last year with banners on our website, etc.

No worries, we'll save hundreds of dollars on food and it will be awesome!

I too will help with shopping. And i can clean bathrooms too. Seriously i'll do it. I've cleaned up more than my fair share of crap(literally and figuratively).

How gracious of you, I never expected anyone would volunteer for that task....