Fundraising for this event

robert

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks loveliberate and DV!!

We'll have our first fundraiser yard sale at People's Co-op on May 5th from 1PM-7PM.

We'll set up at noon or slightly before so please come help us raise money for the Vegan Vacation! We'll do other yard sales at Food Fight over the summer leading up to our Vegan Vacation.

Thanks!

Oh, that is a great idea! I hadn't even thought of having baked goods or food there, but that is a good plan. I'll be there all day, so food will be nice. Of course we're at a co-op so I could always go inside and eat, but I like the idea of having some cookies and things like that available for sale too.

Thanks!

Anyone else available to help that day? I know loveliberate can be there until around 2PM too but hopefully some others can hang out with me in the latter part of the day?

I will definitely make some cookies. Sorry that I can't stay past 2 but we have tickets for an event at 3 pm.

Who else is going to help out? You get to spend time with Robert! What could be more fun?!?

Would anyone like to help me assess the items sometime before the event? I have only sold items at one or two yard sales in the past, and not in more than 5 years. I have no idea how much to charge for things.

My basement is full of stuff right now, which is good and we'll do yard sales every 2 weeks at Food Fight (for as long as they let us) leading up to the event.

This first one is at People's Co-op May 5th.

I'd love for someone to come over, spend an hour assessing things with me and deciding which items to bring to the first yard sale.

We have like 10 boxes of stuff plus tables, etc. that are too big for boxes. So we'll raise some good money to make this event affordable for everyone involved.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks loveliberate and lotus for helping organize everything in my basement yesterday. That was a huge help!

Does anyone locally have anything they want to donate? Clothes, electronics, furniture, tools, etc.?

Please let me know.

Our first Yard Sale is at People's Co-op this Saturday May 5th from 1PM-7PM.

We will be doing more of them every 2 or 3 weeks leading up to Vegan Vacation, most likely using Food Fight!'s parking lot as our location for the rest of the summer.

Thanks!

Thanks. We got about $300 today and we'll do more of these every 3 weeks until the event! I'd say we can get in another 4 or 5 yard sales, or more if need be and get our $2000 goal from that fundraiser alone. We'll try other fundraisers too and get items donated from sponsors (free food, etc.).

I think that's good considering how low priced most of the items were! You could certainly try selling the rest of the CDs to one of the used CD stores. I'm often times surprised at what they take.

Thanks to Loveliberate and family for being there. You guys were so much fun that I wish I could have stayed to the end. You are also invaluable for any yard sale.

Let's do this more often! Let's collect things from our friends, family and neighbors and get another one of these done in 2 1/2 weeks and every 2-3 weeks after that all summer long until our Vacation. It will really pay off in the end when we have a budget of perhaps more than $2000 to help with expenses for everyone including food, lodging and travel.

If others around the country or world can help with any kind of fundraising, that would be great too!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to find a different location but I don't have much time or energy to look into other options.

I'm heading out of town from May 25th-29th. Just got it confirmed today, so I won't be around but I don't necessarily have to be there either.

We'll work something out. I still have a basement full of stuff.

I was hoping to find a different location but I don't have much time or energy to look into other options.

I'm heading out of town from May 25th-29th. Just got it confirmed today, so I won't be around but I don't necessarily have to be there either.

We'll work something out. I still have a basement full of stuff.

Where 'ya heading?

• 2 weeks later...

Did we get more donations? The more the better. I have a few more things that I have been collecting. I, of course, will look for more. I can also do Mehendi and donate half of what I make, wspecially if we have the sale at a good location with lots of people coming through.

I think it is good for you to be there too Robert. We can offer a Photo with Robert for $5.00, $10.00 of signed!

I think having the VB&F table was a good thing too.

On another note, I hve collected many In KInd donations from some very generous companies around Oregon. If anyone else is willing to help out with this project of knows of folks I should ask let me know. These donations will go to the Silent Auction.

Great work!

I've been overwhelmed lately with work stuff and I'm heading 3,000 miles away tomorrow morning so I'll be away for a bit and won't be able to work on this until I get back on Wednesday (30th).

I hope to do another one soon. We only have a little over a month before we need to cancel our 2nd Vacation Home if we can't fill it, or partially fill it.

Next week I'll work on confirmations and get things moving again with fundraising.

Thanks for all your help.